Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,772 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

Those convicted of homosexual crimes could soon apply to have their convictions wiped from the records under a government measure to tackle discrimination.

More than 16,000 convictions for crimes relating to consensual gay sex could be removed from police computers, following intense lobbying from gay rights group Stonewall.

Men convicted of loitering with intent could also apply to have their criminal record erased under the plans, which emerged today.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

Edited by Chimpanzee, 05 October 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#3    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,968 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

Ae you being serious now? Because honestly, that sounds crazy.

It's blatant discrimination that you're championing there.

Edited by shadowhive, 05 October 2011 - 06:49 PM.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#4    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,282 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Whoa, what a wild generalization.

Didn't what the US did to the Japanese show us anything?

I'm kinda speechless...but give me a few minutes.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#5    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Wow. You wouldn't happen to have a swinging little mustache, would yuh?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#6    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,891 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

That's a wide brush you're painting with Chimpanzee.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#7    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

Whoa, what a wild generalization.

Didn't what the US did to the Japanese show us anything?

I'm kinda speechless...but give me a few minutes.

Nibs

A whole list of people should be banned from the jobs it isnt just homosexuals.

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?
Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.

Edited by Chimpanzee, 05 October 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#8    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,968 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?
Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.

If you follow that path then anyone could get banned from pretty much any form of job.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#9    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,282 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

Oh no no no.  That doesn't work.  You're comparing homosexuality with criminal behavior.

Not a valid comparison.

Load of crap is what it is.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#10    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,282 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

AND - there are many homosexual police officers, judges,lawyers, etc. right now...

I'm pretty confident that you couldn't pick them out in a crowd and that most of them are fairly practicing their vocation now.

So, these people should be "tagged" so we know who to watch?

Nibs

#11    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

Oh no no no.  That doesn't work.  You're comparing homosexuality with criminal behavior.

Not a valid comparison.

Load of crap is what it is.

Nibs

No I'm saying many have a motive to act unprofessionally.

#12    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

AND - there are many homosexual police officers, judges,lawyers, etc. right now...

I'm pretty confident that you couldn't pick them out in a crowd and that most of them are fairly practicing their vocation now.

So, these people should be "tagged" so we know who to watch?

Nibs

Yes

Would you let a neo-nazi be a judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a black man?
Would you let a black man be the judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a neo-nazi?

See my point?

#13    thatRobGuy

thatRobGuy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

John Lennon

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Wow, I had a few things I wanted to say, but sadly I prefer to have intelligent conversations with rational people.

Edited by thatRobGuy, 05 October 2011 - 07:13 PM.

Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!   ~Me

#14    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,282 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

No I'm saying many have a motive to act unprofessionally.

BTW - Yes, if a person was abused as a child and grew up, gained an education and passed the requirements and evaluations I would give them the job.  BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS DISCRIMINATION.

Same thing with any other position.

EVERYONE can have a motive to behave in an "unprofessional" way in a situation.  Being homosexual doesn't make anyone "more likely" to behave in an unprofessional way.

You're being too general and discriminatory towards homosexuals.

Nibs

#15    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,282 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

Yes

Would you let a neo-nazi be a judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a black man?
Would you let a black man be the judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a neo-nazi?

See my point?

Judges are vetted and the neo-nazi crap would probably come to light way before that individual was sitting.

Yes, I would let a black man judge a criminal case where the defendant is a neo-nazi.  Part of being professional is separating your personal biases from the law.

Again, you're painting horrid generalizations.

I ask you, should everyone be tagged, based on their religion, sexual orientation, color, and then sequestered to certain positions and actions?

Nibs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users