Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emory Students Don't Feel Safe

Michelle

I can't believe this has gotten so much attention. Well, yeah I can...the poor snowflakes. Out of everything going on in the world, this is what scares them. :rolleyes:

Conservative students at Emory University are planning a free-speech event for next week, after an outcry on campus over messages supporting Donald Trump.

Students woke up Monday morning to find messages written in chalk all over campus, in support of Donald Trump. That afternoon, a group of 40 to 50 students protested. According to the student newspaper, the Emory Wheel, they shouted in the quad, “You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!” and then students moved into the administration building calling out, “It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains.”

cont...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/03/24/someone-wrote-trump-2016-on-emorys-campus-in-chalk-some-students-said-they-no-longer-feel-safe/

• Like 2

Given the whole "racists shouted at me.... Well I'm telling you racists shouted at me..... Well, this is the discussion we should be having if racists shouted at me" business at other campuses, who know who did the chalking.

• Like 3

If they want a safe space just go to a Trump rally he tries to make it illegal to be offensive and he complains about fairness every thirty seconds. Don't they realize Trump is their Jesus a self entitled bully declaring his greatness by referencing Twitter followers and demanding special treatment veiled as fair treament. Trump = hipster Jesus.

This is what happens when everyone gets a trophy for simply showing up.

• Like 3

Boy, I miss the 70's.

• Like 3

Boy, I miss the 70's.

The days of suck it up, deal with it and get over it. :tu:

• Like 3

Even if this was a protest, they were very common on college campuses in my time. No one ran home crying.

• Like 4

If chalk makes you feel unsafe then I might have a bridge to sell you

• Like 3

i can imagine how much counseling they'll need when trump is in the WH

God, what fun that would be to see.

• Like 6

in this day of age everything changing. This isn't back then where boys are shamed for showing emotions this is a different generation.Many people are influenced by the media. In saying so safety is a right people deserve the right to well.. live. We had so many school shootings in the past so i mean if they are worried i don't blame them. for example there was a school shooting where the shooter was targeting Christians. So i'm sure they are worried that the racism could go out of hand and be violent which has been shown in the trump alleys. then of course suicide happens usually after a school shooting and then the chain reaction happens so yeah a lot of sh-t happens these days.

• Like 1

Those students are obviously not from Atlanta, with it's high gang crime rate. It isn't Trump that should be scaring them,

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

in this day of age everything changing. This isn't back then where boys are shamed for showing emotions this is a different generation.Many people are influenced by the media. In saying so safety is a right people deserve the right to well.. live. We had so many school shootings in the past so i mean if they are worried i don't blame them. for example there was a school shooting where the shooter was targeting Christians. So i'm sure they are worried that the racism could go out of hand and be violent which has been shown in the trump alleys. then of course suicide happens usually after a school shooting and then the chain reaction happens so yeah a lot of sh-t happens these days.

I'm kind of having a problem comparing bullets to chalk. Had to think on this for awhile. I just can't reconcile comparing a school shooting to a candidate's name on some steps in chalk that's easily erased anyway. In all the political campaigns I've lived through, I've seen worse.

• Like 4

I'm kind of having a problem comparing bullets to chalk.

It takes a special kind of stupid to do that.

• Like 1

Boy, I miss the 70's.

I will settle for the '90s. It almost seems like the Eisenhower era right now.

• Like 1

I was born under Eisenhower so I can't say I know what that was like.

• Like 1