Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Dragon Skeleton found in China Sea

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,804 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

The skull greatly resembles an ox or an impala..

I would love if this thing had dna tests run and doesn't suddenly disappear, or get thrown back into the ocean.

#32    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,652 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yeah probably a shark with pieces missing

Posted Image

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#33    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

It is definately a fish. The tail shows clearly that this is a upright "fish like" tail, not a fluke or flipper like a mammal would have.
Attached File  Monsters Tail.jpg   54.63K   4 downloads

And the vertebrae look like fish to me also. Sharks and other fish have those slots in the bones, while whale bones are solid. Shark vertebrae can even be made into beads for jewelry.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Whale vertebrae...
Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#34    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Apparently "sea creature" in English is also "sea creature" in Chinese. Heard it twice.

Back to the mystery...

#35    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Kind of looks like the skeleton of a Great White shark. The tail matches up as does the nose of hte skull.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Source: Wikipedia - Great White Shark.

Take away the jaws and the rest of the fins and other bits and the skull is almost the same. And look at the spines on the Great Whites tail and compare to the tail section of the monster.

Could be another shark species, but clearly is an open ocean type of shark.

Edited by DieChecker, 03 April 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#36    Marozi

Marozi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

As you said it could be another shark. The tail and skull structure is pretty similiar in those sharks so I would like to know a more specific detail before I agree to a Great White,Its certainly not a frilled shark btw the cranium of Chlamydoselachus africana for example is obviously very different (http://www.mlml.cals...a sp n 2009.pdf) and probably the skull of C. anguineus is it too.

#37    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Not a shark, It's Shenron's baby dammit! :sk

SRS

#38    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

:st ANYONE ELSE SEE HOLES FOR TUSKS???

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#39    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Kind of looks like the skeleton of a Great White shark. The tail matches up as does the nose of hte skull.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Source: Wikipedia - Great White Shark.

Take away the jaws and the rest of the fins and other bits and the skull is almost the same. And look at the spines on the Great Whites tail and compare to the tail section of the monster.

Could be another shark species, but clearly is an open ocean type of shark.

This made me chuckle :P the point is we can't take away anything, only analyse it as it is. Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out dragons did exist after all? Not that they would have breathed fire but just that there would be some truth in the myth.

I agree there does appear to be holes for tusks or some kind of head gear.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#40    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

African Wart Hog ....... are we getting closer? (Missing lower jaw, obviously).

Yes, the more I look at warthog skulls the more I'm convinced that's what it is ...... with the spine of something else attached and the lower jaw missing.

Edited by ouija ouija, 03 April 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#41    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

In china If it has a pulse, its lunch. This was just somebodies leftovers

#42    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostMarozi, on 03 April 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

As you said it could be another shark. The tail and skull structure is pretty similiar in those sharks so I would like to know a more specific detail before I agree to a Great White,Its certainly not a frilled shark btw the cranium of Chlamydoselachus africana for example is obviously very different (http://www.mlml.cals...a sp n 2009.pdf) and probably the skull of C. anguineus is it too.
I was looking for a frilled shark skull online... Your Kung Fu must be better then mine. :nw:

The eye sockets of the frilled shark fit in with the "tusk holes", but the nose does not quite match. Could be a cousin species to the Frilled shark maybe?

Also from what I read, the Frilled Shark usually is less then 2 meters long, and this "dragon was almost 4 meters long.

Edited by DieChecker, 03 April 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#43    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Oh yeah!!!

Found this....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks very close in my opinion.

Anyway.... CLEARLY a shark.

Edited by DieChecker, 03 April 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#44    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,228 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Could be a similar shaped shark.
Bull sharks... Great White sharks... Tiger sharks... Bronze whaler... Mako... Whitetip...
http://www.dpi.nsw.g...ntifying-sharks

All reach 3.5 meters and have similar head anatomy, so it could be any large shark.

#45    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Sharks don't have skeletons... they have cartilage instead of bones, except for their jaws.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users