Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stargate Reality

stargate

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#106    Capt. P. Lilandra

Capt. P. Lilandra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostHazzard, on 29 May 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

True,... But when a person claim something (like ET visitation) a fact you can expect those skeptical of the claim to react.

True enough, the sceptical people are very important to giving balance to any "strange" claims though they can and have been used by the government

Edited by Capt. P. Lilandra, 05 June 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#107    Capt. P. Lilandra

Capt. P. Lilandra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostHazzard, on 29 May 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

True,... But when a person claim something (like ET visitation) a fact you can expect those skeptical of the claim to react.

True enough, the sceptical people are very important to giving balance to any "strange" claims though they can and have been used by the government to discredit actual claims of things more specifically when it comes to secret programs as I’m sure you know the government have three main ways to keep leaks limited/discredited 1, to hold the person leaking info indefinitely in custody 2, misinformation such as releasing info in the format of film and 3, aggressive sceptic campaign.

#108    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostCapt. P. Lilandra, on 05 June 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

True enough, the sceptical people are very important to giving balance to any "strange" claims though they can and have been used by the government to discredit actual claims of things more specifically when it comes to secret programs as I’m sure you know the government have three main ways to keep leaks limited/discredited 1, to hold the person leaking info indefinitely in custody 2, misinformation such as releasing info in the format of film and 3, aggressive sceptic campaign.

When push came to shove, and when pressed as to whether there is real proof of extraterrestrial visitation, the believers usually pull out "the cover-up card."   While endlessly appealing, this is an argument from ignorance,... Its like saying - Sorry, we cant show you good evidence because we havent got it.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#109    Capt. P. Lilandra

Capt. P. Lilandra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostHazzard, on 05 June 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

When push came to shove, and when pressed as to whether there is real proof of extraterrestrial visitation, the believers usually pull out "the cover-up card."   While endlessly appealing, this is an argument from ignorance,... Its like saying - Sorry, we cant show you good evidence because we havent got it.

Agreed but you can not deny that the “cover up card” isn’t always misused and also you must consider that the people who have the evidence cant always share it even if they wanted to due to non-disclosure agreements they are all forced to sign when having knowledge of what is deemed “classified information” I myself have had to sign such papers, they are very strict and by violating them you can be subject to imprisonment under various charges depending on what you know, with this in mind it is unsurprising that people with this information who come forward are rare.

#110    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostCapt. P. Lilandra, on 05 June 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Agreed but you can not deny that the “cover up card” isn’t always misused and also you must consider that the people who have the evidence cant always share it even if they wanted to due to non-disclosure agreements they are all forced to sign when having knowledge of what is deemed “classified information” I myself have had to sign such papers, they are very strict and by violating them you can be subject to imprisonment under various charges depending on what you know, with this in mind it is unsurprising that people with this information who come forward are rare.

Ok, lets say thats true,... so why arent all these UFO "whistle blowers" in jail?

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#111    Capt. P. Lilandra

Capt. P. Lilandra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostHazzard, on 05 June 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Ok, lets say thats true,... so why arent all these UFO "whistle blowers" in jail?

Well there are a few reasons the main one being that it is well established in science fiction and it is also well known that the US government investigated the real possibility of UFO’s so ased on this there are many sources of misinformation hence no need to use NDA’s but for other issues that are harder to cover up or those or those with enough evidence to prove what they claim, but i will make it clear that this is NOT always the case and as i have said before i am not supporting nor discrediting any one on here.

Also tagged with stargate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users