Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I know I'm not human... What am I?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#31    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,262 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

How Much Can You Learn From a Home DNA Test?

This story is as intimate as I will get with you. In it, I unzip my genes and give you a sneak peek at my biological destiny. I took three DNA tests from three different DNA testing companies—one from a firm called Navigenics, one from 23andMe, and one from deCODE genetics.

Source : http://discovermagaz...st#.UauDS5x0lhI

The words in blue are 3 places that will check your DNA.........They are links, click on them.

Please get back with us on the results.

Edited by Sakari, 02 June 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#32    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

@Sakari, I read the link, very interesting. I think I will give the test a miss and just be satisfied that I am likely to be human and will not  get Crohn’s disease as well as muscular degeneration, osteoarthritis, obesity, psoriasis, if it happens, then I will worry about it then, not now.,

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#33    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

If I may be frank, and this may be offensive, so for that I am sorry.

I had a friend once who believed she was many things, none of which human, which she is (or was, I am not sure what happened to her). But, suffice it to say she did not have many friends because after knowing someone for a short time, she would tell them this. I stuck with her for a while until she got violent with my boyfriend. I tried to convince her, subtly, to get help (be it "supernatural" or psychiatric). But after she threw something at Niki, I told her to 'hit the bricks'.

I was willing to put up with her and even indulge her on a few rare occasions (which I shouldn't have done as it furthered her delusion) until she tried to hurt someone I love.

I think you are human, just like my former friend is/was. But if you still think otherwise, and you're not hurting anyone that is fine as well. I would, however advise against sharing this with anyone who isn't a healthcare professional. They are paid to deal with whatever you can dish out. Your friends are not. It may sound rude or even downright cruel, but there are some things all of us can just not share with others.

Of course, here you are anonymous so if you can deal with the people slinging insults your way, feel free to share all you want as long as you don't violate the site rules. I would be interested on reading more.

Posted Image

#34    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,456 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

What do you think you are? If your not human?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#35    Adam frm manchester uk

Adam frm manchester uk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• Its nice to be nice it does not cost a thing !

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Sound's cool !! :tu:

#36    YinLove of DragonClan

YinLove of DragonClan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow, do u see dragons? Maybe u have had been some new animal/half human!

#37    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,439 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Shiro, on 01 June 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

I have flying dreams every-so-often and when I was young I used to see "floating eyes" staring at me before I blacked out for the night.
Neither of those are symptomatic of being non-human.  Speaking as a member of Homo sapiens I can relate to experiencing flying dreams on a regular basis myself and seeing "floating eyes" when you're falling asleep.  Flying dreams are common to members of our species and I can easily recreate "floating eyes" when lying in bed in the dark by squeezing my eyes shut tightly so that my eyeballs press against my eyelids.  I can then basically see an eerie reflection of some sorts of my own eyes even though my eyes are closed and I'm in a dark room.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#38    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

Shiro you are a human having metaphysical experiences.

Trust me, those of us who were born this way have had many of the same experiences and also wondered if we were changelings of some sort. No, we don't fit in. Thank Goodness! Have you seen what passes for humanity lately?

Just because you have some physical oddities doesn't mean your DNA is not 100% human. Long canines are common in some ethnic groups and families. I had a friend growing up who could be in every vampire movie ever made and never have to start in make-up. I am part Native American and some of us got funky toes. I mean really funky.

It sounds like you could use some instruction into meditation in order to calm yourself,your fears, misgivings. Learn to relax and just go with the flow.

#39    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,370 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

I think there's a lot more to being human than our DNA can define.

Though the OP focused on physical characteristics to make their case, so in this case the DNA test sounds relevant.  There was a retreat from the claim in the OP though.  "I know I'm not completely human."   Psychologically I think a lot of outcasts feel that way.  Outcasts can be some of the very best humans in the world though, but also some of the most dangerous as we keep learning about on the news.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#40    Mindscanner

Mindscanner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• '' The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding ''
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

yes try to get a DNA test just like LibstaK said, you will find out then. I have some similarity with my eyes ability when I look at people, and people tend to look away or I do if I talk to them as I could look through them too. I could identify what they are thinking. My eye's colour don't change though.

#41    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

If you are completely genuine in the way you feel, it'd be completely helpfull for you to see a doctor or psychiatrist. There is nothing wrong with seeing one.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#42    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

We have a troll here. Lets give him a big welcome.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#43    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Shiro, on 01 June 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Hi, I'm Shiro, and I'm new here. I didn't join because of my experiences, they are not significant much to me.. I joined because I need help. Ever since I was young I knew I'm not human. Let's start with my physical appearance, I have very long and sharp canines, I have two oddly shaped toes: One "peanut" toe on each foot, and my eyes change red rarely, and my eyes go black when I'm feeling strong emotions. Now for my emotions, I've always been different, I never could fit in, so I learned to embrace my outcast side. I have flying dreams every-so-often and when I was young I used to see "floating eyes" staring at me before I blacked out for the night. I'm not sure what they really are. I have a very unique aura, it's hard to describe. I've seen sky serpents, weird "people", UFOS, you name it, I've probably seen it. I'm empathetic, psychic, and a medium (although, it's rare I come in contact with spirits) I'm extremely different in ways I can't even describe. I don't understand the humans. I'm not sure about what I am, so I came here for help. I know I'm not completely human, if not, not human AT ALL. I need help. Please try to help me find what I am. EDIT: I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I can look through peoples eyes and possible control people for about 1-2 seconds if I really try.
What kinds of medications do you take?

A skeptical believer.

#44    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hey Shiro.

Sounds like you have some sort of identity crisis.  Of course you are human. Even if you dont look like a super model.... toes and teeth, etc...

Going by that crappy logic, it would meen that all people on Earth through history that were/are "deformed" at birth were/are not human.

Snap out of it.

You are human, live with it.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#45    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,456 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

DBunker, on 17 June 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Hey Shiro.

Sounds like you have some sort of identity crisis.  Of course you are human. Even if you dont look like a super model.... toes and teeth, etc...

Going by that crappy logic, it would meen that all people on Earth through history that were/are "deformed" at birth were/are not human.

Snap out of it.

You are human, live with it.
Very well said

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users