Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christian Broadcasters Await Christ's Return

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Two major evangelical Christian broadcasters have bought places in Jerusalem to give them the perfect perch to witness the coming of the Messiah down from the Mount of Olives.

The Los Angeles Times’ Edmund Sanders reports that Daystar Television Network and Trinity Broadcasting Network have set up shop in Jerusalem studios on a hill that overlooks the Old City.
Read more

Edited by Karlis, 02 October 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

I first thought of the EQ and the mountain splitting.... The studio might not survive! :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,893 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Waiting, waiting, patiently waiting .....

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,388 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Doesn't it say that no one will know the hour?  Just the fact that there seems to be a consensus that the 2nd coming is imminent makes me believe it's still generations away.

#5    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Just watch, they'll be scooped by another station.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 October 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Doesn't it say that no one will know the hour?  Just the fact that there seems to be a consensus that the 2nd coming is imminent makes me believe it's still generations away.
Yes...no man knoweth the day or the hour...  But there were instructions for believers to be aware of the season of His return and signs for that were given.  Every one of them now are present in the world - all at the same time.  Believers were told to watch so we do. 2 Peter 1-7  

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers [empaiktes] will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."    
So Peter has your answer.

#7    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

They're starting pretty early. If various prophecies are legit, it would peg Christ's actual return for around 2020. That is, if the period of 7 years begins on 12/21/2012. Should be interesting nonetheless.

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,595 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 03 October 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

They're starting pretty early. If various prophecies are legit, it would peg Christ's actual return for around 2020. That is, if the period of 7 years begins on 12/21/2012. Should be interesting nonetheless.

They expect a crowd in "ascension robes" so they had to start early :innocent:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,388 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postand then, on 03 October 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Yes...no man knoweth the day or the hour...  But there were instructions for believers to be aware of the season of His return and signs for that were given.  Every one of them now are present in the world - all at the same time.  Believers were told to watch so we do. 2 Peter 1-7  
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers [empaiktes] will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."
So Peter has your answer.
And yet many times in past others interpreted that all the conditions had been met.  Also, although I can't quote specific scripture, I have read plenty and you are not supposed to desire the endtimes, which it seems to me TBN and many Christians do.

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 October 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

And yet many times in past others interpreted that all the conditions had been met.  Also, although I can't quote specific scripture, I have read plenty and you are not supposed to desire the endtimes, which it seems to me TBN and many Christians do.
I'm not sure where you've read this.  In fact Jesus Himself said those who long for His coming will be given "crowns".  No one is supposed to be joyful about the carnage that is coming.  But if it puts an end to war finally, it will have been worth it.

#11    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,642 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Tragic :no:

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#12    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 October 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

They expect a crowd in "ascension robes" so they had to start early :innocent:

Wouldn't surprise me, I've always heard the religious crowd believed they would supposedly have the equivalent of spiritual robes upon rapture, or ascension? Something like that. Can't take anything with us when we croak, clothes included. *shrug*

#13    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,595 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 03 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Wouldn't surprise me, I've always heard the religious crowd believed they would supposedly have the equivalent of spiritual robes upon rapture, or ascension? Something like that. Can't take anything with us when we croak, clothes included. *shrug*

Well, we had that delusion before, just try to find out what happened (mostly in the USA) in 1844.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 03 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

I've never heard there was going to be a "dress code" :w00t:   In fact I think most Christians believe just the opposite.  We are to put on immortal bodies when we "ascend".

#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,749 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

I hope my immortal body has a better dress sense then my mortal one.
I'm hoping for something in a bowler hat actually, a la John Steed.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users