Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Organic food has no extra health benefits

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    SlippySlug

SlippySlug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

Anybody who has grown vegetables or other crops on a large scale will know it is extremely difficult to manage without the use of pesticides or herbicides.  To be certified organic, more time and effort will be put forth towards a much smaller outcome.  This is probably why you can go to the organic health food store and spend two dollars on one small apple full of the scab fungus.
  I grow tons of my own fruits and vegetables, most of which are old heirloom varieties.  I've been doing this my entire life.  Never have I used any chemicals or anything other than miracle grow.  Honestly, I can't taste much of a difference other than freshness from vegetables I buy in the grocery store.  I think it's somewhat of a placebo effect a lot of the time.  Other times the taste may vary because of the unique varieties you may find at a farmer's market which a typical grocery store wouldn't carry.  
  The bottom line is... no matter where you buy your vegetables, they're all still good for you.  If you don't like chemicals, try washing your food.

Know what I mean?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users