Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Time Travel?

NightTrainMurderer

When I woke up this morning I was completely disoriented. My wife woke me up for work at 5:30 am as usual. I sat up in bed opened my eyes and was sitting in my "childhood" bedroom. Withing moments the image morphed into my current day bedroom and off I went to get ready for work.

I have been told in the past that I have the ability to "astral project/travel". I've had friends tell me they've seen me or felt me in places they know I wasn't. I have never conciously tried to attempt this though. It just seems to happen.

What happened this morning though was odd and uncomfortable. It almost frightened me in a way. Has anyone experienced it for themselves?

I know that Russel Targ has mentioned it in interviews in the past.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NightTrainMurderer

• Rosewin

• Mr Walker

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I woke up this morning I was completely disoriented. My wife woke me up for work at 5:30 am as usual. I sat up in bed opened my eyes and was sitting in my "childhood" bedroom. Withing moments the image morphed into my current day bedroom and off I went to get ready for work.

I have been told in the past that I have the ability to "astral project/travel". I've had friends tell me they've seen me or felt me in places they know I wasn't. I have never conciously tried to attempt this though. It just seems to happen.

What happened this morning though was odd and uncomfortable. It almost frightened me in a way. Has anyone experienced it for themselves?

I know that Russel Targ has mentioned it in interviews in the past.

Im not sure if it is true astral travelling, and unlike contemporary obes, it is impossible to verify, but i do this a lot.

As a lucid dreamer capable of not just controlling but creating dreamscapes i really enjoy the element of time travel.

Recently, i went back in time to our local hospital in the 1950s. I was careful to not take anything with me which might give me away or say anything out of place.It was very tempting to display a medical knowledge, almost like a gods(or someone from star trek) :) but i managed to refrain.

I was interesed in both an archaeological and sociological investigation of how the hospital operated. The equipment, practises, attitudes, and mores of the hospital community at that time.

It was interesting to see people smoking in their rooms and along the corridors, for example. And a lot of the treatment was almost archaic by present day standards. I even had to be careful not to let anyone see my by pass scars because such surgery was probably not possible at that time and would have given the game away.

While "there," i did reflect on how i could prove to the inhabitants who i was, if i wanted to do so. It was hard to think of specific knowledge i had in my head that might be convincing in the short term (more likely to get me locked up than anything)

In the longer term i figured predicting a few melbourne cup winners might do it (I would recognise most winners even now if presented with a lis tof horses in the cup for example)

After visiting the hospital, I popped down the road and dropped in on my family. It was interesting to see mum and dad so young and fit. Again i did not tell them who i was or where i was from. I said i was a relative from another part of austrlia (having researched and written th e whole family history in australia since 1870 this was achievable. I was the only child born then although i think my brother migh t have been on the way. I was tempted to tell my younger self a few things that might have helped him succed in life but he was not old enough to be interested in either girls or making a fortune. Knowing me back then though, i think he maybe suspected who i was.

Interestingly i was able to recreate (or perhaps experience) the old house and its contents(including the people) just exactly as it was.

I have many dreams where i go back to the old house ( which is long gone.) Often i know i am dreaming but take the opportunity to study and reflect on details which my conscious mind has long forgotten.

As many people have observed, as long as some one remembers it, the past and people from the past is/are never really dead or gone. It/they live on vividly, within the memory cells /synapses of our brain. For a lucid dreamer it is possible to walk amongst them, and talk with them, in the same reality, as if one was really there again.

Edited by Mr Walker

Thank you Mr. Walker for posting your intriguing experience. It has given me inspiration to look further into this phenomenon and work towards being able to use it in a similar manner.

Quite an interesting experience Mr Walker. Controlling it as you do might take a lot of discipline and a strong will.