Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bachelors' Grove

Barek Halfhand

linked-image

Greetings all

I thought it was time to continue The Halfhand Haunted Tour...As you know I love to fire off as many shots as possible and then try to determine witch photos are suitable for the the Old Churches, Monuments and Cemeteries thread ... and if some are appropriate for a posting here in the Ghosts Hauntings and Paranormal section if presented in the context of a tour OR reveals some inexplicable anomaly or apparition...I feel that my track record here speaks for itself but some clarification seems to be needed albeit the fact that I don't care about providing proof of the supernatural or paranormal to non believers...not all that high on my priority list these days...

As I prepare my for my trip to "Bachelors Grove", an abandoned cemetery that lies adjacent to a SW suburban forest preserve, this is one of the more famous of the MANY haunted hot spots here in Chicago land...Some of you may remember the video of (a good natured) Edward Shannahan visiting the site ... and his reaction to some of the areas of the cemetery...though we joked about the video his credibility as a medium is extremely solid here in town I learned... so as I noticed he has posted here recently (as a UM columnist) I will try to pm him on this prior to the actual trip and perhaps we can collaborate on some of this as well...

So far you have seen the majority of Queen of Heaven Cemetery (The Halfway to Sanity Tour) witch has already been investigated by the Chicago Archdiocese for the numerous reports of "Blessed Mother" sightings not to mention the 3-4 unchallenged photos that I produced...NOW is everything that I enhance and or circle a spiritual apparition or ghostly manifestation?...of course not...some of you regulars may even remember that I went back and debunked the cell phone video that I made by reproducing the skull floating past the door effect that was revealed to be a light trick inherent to cell phone video cameras...

Together we have entered the famous gates of Resurrection Cemetery a couple of times...visited "devils creek", the site of the Grimes sisters' bodies discovered on the roadside partially frozen, a case from 1957 that made national headlines yet remains unsolved today...but bachelors grove already has some recent photos on the net and a long standing reputation for apparitions and hauntings ..one black and white photo is famous and was the subject of a recent thread here I think (Reeg?)

there are already a good number of analog and digital photos alike available on the net for our appraisal and a variety of EVPs (haven't listened to yet)

photos and EVPs here under ghost research...

source: http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/

There are numerous tales of horror that supposedly occurred at the cemetery, that have been told and retold by several generations of youths, however, few of these tales have any apparent basis in fact. There are also a number of reports of hauntings, and apparitions in and around the area of the cemetery. Ghost watchers delight in these stories of a strange floating blue light, a brilliant zooming red light, a mysterious ghost house, phantom cars that appear and disappear, human ghostly apparitions, and other paranormal activities. However, here too, it appears that many of these reports have greater basis in local folklore than in verifiable occurrences.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1787.html

http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/

Edited by Barek Halfhand

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barek Halfhand

• Pythia

• glorybebe

• goalienan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry about the lost links...I'm all choked up about it...b

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Howdy B...

It would be extremely interesting if you decide to go! The history of the grove as well as the surrounding area should provide the proper atmosphere for hauntings so you never know what you might capture. I've always found your photos awesome whether there were any abnormalities in them or not and you've always presented your findings honestly.

Lots of luck with it. Wish I could go with you on the investigation.

Regards,

Mabon.

Howdy B...

It would be extremely interesting if you decide to go! The history of the grove as well as the surrounding area should provide the proper atmosphere for hauntings so you never know what you might capture. I've always found your photos awesome whether there were any abnormalities in them or not and you've always presented your findings honestly.

Lots of luck with it. Wish I could go with you on the investigation.

Regards,

Mabon.

Thanks Hun ;) ...

the possibility exists that I will capture nothing at all, but I will honestly report it as such, the truth is that my spidey senses tingle off the scale every time I look at any photos of this place ...could be pre visit jitteres but I don't think so :unsure: ....B

ot: what some of you don't know is that Mabon has a singing voice like an angel :innocent: ....

Edited by Barek Halfhand

here's the digital green weird one that I tweeked and added to Genes' thread....b

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

This trip is already giving me a tummy ache :cry: .....b

Captured using a Kodak CX7430 with no flash on digital storage media.

June 17, 2006 - 12:41 PM

inset edited by me:

linked-image

halfhandshuffle:the clash - should i stay or should i go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2LIjUnrx0...ted&search=

Edited by Barek Halfhand

This trip is already giving me a tummy ache :cry: .....b

Captured using a Kodak CX7430 with no flash on digital storage media.

June 17, 2006 - 12:41 PM

inset edited by me:

linked-image

halfhandshuffle:the clash - should i stay or should i go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk2LIjUnrx0...ted&search=

That photo reminds me of one of mine.

Now stop being such a wuss and just go!! I can't wait to see what you find!!! No tummy aches allowed! What are you a baby?

Go and bring back what you find! I'd do it in a heartbeat!

You never did answer me, btw, how do they just close a cemetery and not let any relatives visit the graves? Surely you can still visit the grave of poor Aunt Charlotte or Grandpa Eddie can't you?

That photo reminds me of one of mine.

Now stop being such a wuss and just go!! I can't wait to see what you find!!! No tummy aches allowed! What are you a baby?

Go and bring back what you find! I'd do it in a heartbeat!

You never did answer me, btw, how do they just close a cemetery and not let any relatives visit the graves? Surely you can still visit the grave of poor Aunt Charlotte or Grandpa Eddie can't you?

:o ....

but what if a tombstone falls on me? (remember Ed Harris in Creepshow?) :unsure: ...

linked-image

I want my cake!

linked-imagelinked-image

some of those BG photos may not look like much but certain ones almost knock me out of my chair ....b

halfhandshuffle:Red Hot Chili Peppers- Tell me baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsNcc2soDyY

Edited by Barek Halfhand

For some reason, I can't see most of your photos - just 2 of them. That floating light ball looks like it has a face in it!

Yeah it looks like the img links have expired for some reason :D ...that rocks!.... oh well, thats what the edit button is for :yes: just think of all the attention I could have brought to the BG restoration cause...but guess not :no: ...b

halfhandshuffle:PRIMUS-my name is mud!

Edited by Barek Halfhand

this is from the coat to coast site...b

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1787.html

this place is active (imho)

inset edited by me:

linked-image

Bachelor's Grove Ghost Girl

This photo was taken in the late afternoon of Saturday November 25th, when the Central Illinois Ghost Investigators took a trip to the famous Bachelor's Grove Cemetery in Chicago Illinois.

As usual, we saw nothing with the naked eye. But we feel that this picture has too much detail to be just an illusion. We just wish that we could have been a little closer to her when the photo was taken.

halfhandshuffle:Aerosmith-Chiquita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLA6MHtklIw

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Oooh, creepy photo! ^

So, have you been there? Are you going to go??? Too bad I'm not in Chicago- I'd go with you! :gun:

Oooh, creepy photo! ^

So, have you been there? Are you going to go??? Too bad I'm not in Chicago- I'd go with you! :gun:

The fall colors here will make for better photos in a couple of weeks or so...heck I could drag this out forever

If its good enough for George...

another look....b

inset by me:

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I still don't understand if you took these pictures or not. If they're not yours, I hope you go and take your own pictures. I enjoy your "tour" of haunted Chicagoland!

I still don't understand if you took these pictures or not. If they're not yours, I hope you go and take your own pictures. I enjoy your "tour" of haunted Chicagoland!
I have NOT gone yet ... partly because I am opting for autumn colors ...

and partly because...

linked-image

plus there are still a whole big bunch of exsisting pics for us to look at and possibly generate an ulcer over :yes: ....b

halfhandshuffle:Safety Dance- Men Without Hats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg

Edited by Barek Halfhand

There is a pleasant hike in the forest preserve ... and there is this place....b

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

with a name like Bachelors' Grove your gauranteed to pick up chicks :tu:

sure...

they may have already 'passed on', but these days beggars can't be choosers.

haha.