Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon is a Spaceship?

TheFace

An interesting theory, but it seems it is all based around a religious belief. I know it's been said before, but it's hard to believe something as outlandish as this without some kind of evidence.

I suppose someone high up would know, it would be impossible not to having been there (which is another debate in itself). But going by the article, it's just another theory.

From the article:

"The Moon is not only extremely odd in its construction; it also behaves in a way that is nothing less than miraculous. It is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky ­ which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse. Whilst we take this for granted it has been called the biggest coincidence in the universe.

Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth."

Is this correct?

Edited by Moonie2012

What is said about how odd it is that despite obviously having been hit by different sized objects the depth of the resulting craters is always about the same?

Isaac Asimov stated, "It's too big to have been captured by the Earth. The chances of such a capture having been effected and the moon then having taken up a nearly circular orbit around our Earth, are too small to make such an eventuality credible."

Very interesting - wonder how many other oddities our dear 'ol moon has?

So far we have:

1) Unlikely odds of it being at just the right distance and just the right size to create full perfect solar eclipses

2) Unlikelyhood of Earth 'capturing' it.

3) Oddly shallow meateor impact craters.

What else?

Edited by Paxus

What is said about how odd it is that despite obviously having been hit by different sized objects the depth of the resulting craters is always about the same?

Good shout!

Isaac Asimov stated, "It's too big to have been captured by the Earth. The chances of such a capture having been effected and the moon then having taken up a nearly circular orbit around our Earth, are too small to make such an eventuality credible."

So all the moons around the millions,Billions of Planet`s throught the Universe are Space Ships?

Im ready for my Tang now! :rolleyes:

From the article:

"The Moon is not only extremely odd in its construction; it also behaves in a way that is nothing less than miraculous. It is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky ­ which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse. Whilst we take this for granted it has been called the biggest coincidence in the universe.

Maybe they have no idea the moon is actually moving away from us, and that this Super Duper coincidence is nothing more than chance, and wont always be that way.

The size comparisons though mean squat in its "miraculous behavour". Not even sure why they mention that.

Im curious as to how else they say it Behaves/

Very interesting - wonder how many other oddities our dear 'ol moon has?

So far we have:

1) Unlikely odds of it being at just the right distance and just the right size to create full perfect solar eclipses

What else?

Didn't the Indian's say they saw a network of tunnels under the surface?

So far we have:

Well, its not. I just explained that.

Its not unlikely. If our idea of the moon is correct, then it hitting earth, then floating around and being brought in its orbit isnt that odd.

I dont see how this is an issue. We know about the craters, and usually the depth with results from the size of the impact. Also, large impacts may have debris splash up and then fall back down creating smaller craters which are now quite shallow as well.

Also, lava could have filled a crater after impact.

So, were back to square one, with nothing too unlikely so far.

If you were wondering about any of that moonie, i hope it helps.

Maybe they have no idea the moon is actually moving away from us, and that this Super Duper coincidence is nothing more than chance, and wont always be that way.

The size comparisons though mean squat in its "miraculous behavour". Not even sure why they mention that.

Im curious as to how else they say it Behaves/

Well, to be fair, the moon isn't moving away from us that fast, but saying "exactly" 400x is rather bad wording.

I'd like to know how far the moon has moved away from us since man started to measure it, and how much that has affected the 400x idea. Was it noticeably bigger 10,000 years ago?

OMG, crazy fringe idea - maybe the aliens put it there to momentarily shield us from a solar event in 2012. My avatar suddenly has meaning!

Edited by Moonie2012

Well, to be fair, the moon isn't moving away from us that fast, but saying "exactly" 400x is rather bad wording.

I'd like to know how far the moon has moved away from us since man started to measure it, and how much that has affected the 400x idea. Was it noticeably bigger 10,000 years ago?

OMG, crazy fringe idea - maybe the aliens put it there to momentarily shield us from a solar event in 2012. My avatar suddenly has meaning!

Now THAT, i will buy!

:lol:

there is no end in sight re my obsession @ b/m link.....

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/09/carolina-bays-explaining-cosmic-mystery

:P

The "exactly 400" isnt that solid as one first might think.

The Moons orbit is elliptical. This means that the distance from the Earth can vary by as much as 6% from its average value. Therefore, the Moons apparent size varies with its distance from the Earth, and it is this effect that leads to the difference between total and annular eclipses.

It is only when the Moon is closer to the Earth than average (near its perigee) that a total eclipse occurs.

The distance of the Earth from the Sun also varies during the year, but this is a smaller effect.

*Im not even going to dignify the Moon is a Spaceship nonsense with an answer.

Edited by Hazzard

The moon. Don't shoot anymore missile on that Nanny God. It is a shield of Mother Earth, Also It's my jumping point to the universe. It control spawning of ocean sea life. Many life beings copulate when the Moon is up. It includes humans.

The moon. Don't shoot anymore missile on that Nanny God. It is a shield of Mother Earth, Also It's my jumping point to the universe. It control spawning of ocean sea life. Many life beings copulate when the Moon is up. It includes humans.

... and dont forget about Werewolves, they do need something to howl at. :blink:

I think Asimov was correct.

However, the Moon was not captured by the Earth.

It was formed from the accretion of early Earth debris which were blasted into an orbit around our young planet after a massive colission with a Mars sized object.

I think Asimov was correct.

However, the Moon was not captured by the Earth.

It was formed from the accretion of early Earth debris which were blasted into an orbit around our young planet after a massive colission with a Mars sized object.

Yeah ! Yeah ! Mid you know these Guys In Here,They only watch Fringe,Chuck,Area51 Shows n stuff like that.

I bet If a Big Foot came out of a Flying Saucer Holding Skyeagles Hand and telling us that Vampires Rulled

The Moon and Have Been abducting all the People on Earth for Thousand`s of years,well ! Well I might just nneed to make a Movie about that. Now where were we ?

Anyway You need to Get Sally and our Sweet Ride to Mars ready ! At least we know thats Real ! :wacko:

AnyoneHungry?

post-68971-013869100 1288220010_thumb.jp

From the article:

Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth."

Is this correct?

Not completely...

The Moon is not extremely odd in its construction. It is rather what planetologists would expect, a basically spherical ball of accreted matter...a moon. Not a really big deal. Fascinating to a fault, but because of what it can tell us about our planet and its origins, since it's basically made up of the early Earth.

The Moon is roughly 400 times smaller than the Sun in Diameter. It is also approximately 1/370 the distance of the Sun to the Earth.

This is a rather insignificant numerology exercise, and is meaningless.

The angular size of the Moon approximates that of the Sun at some times, and at other's , it's different. This is because of the variation in the Moon's orbit, and it's also an interesting celestial ratio, but nothing more.

The Moon essentially lies on the ecliptic, which has alot to do with why the Sun and the Moon move along the same plane!

These things describe nothing unusual.

Frankly, the only thing which speaks to the truly unusual (and in fact, to the crazed delusions of the lunatic fringe..) are Icke's ramblings about stuff he doesn't understand in the least...