Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Girls beat up Iran Cleric over Dress Code

iran hijab

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,869 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostEver Learning, on 21 September 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

women are better off there than before, we have to look at the bigger picture. things are slowly getting better, jumping the gun might cause more bad than good for the rights of women.. what ever happened peaceful protests?
Easy for you to say.  Do you have to wear a hijab?  Will you get admonished because you walk outside without covering your hair?  Maybe blacks would be better off in the USA if they hadn't broken the laws and stayed on the back of the bus or not sat at whites only food counters.  You must be a muslim from a restrictive country to post such tripe.

#17    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

This takes ridiculous, inane and down right dumb*** logic to new heights:
He told one of the girls to cover up, the report said.
"She responded by telling me to cover my eyes, which was very insulting to me,"

Cheesus what an idiot. What is insulting to every human being is this man telling how another person should dress. :angry:
Here is another women who wont succumb to BS because an ignorant fool says so. Good for her.

Edited by EllJay, 21 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#18    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Back during Desert Storm they showed a video where a woman was beaten in the streets for leaving her home without and hijab. It was not her day to wear the communities hijab. She was only trying to get medical treatment for her very sick child. The child was flung to the ground while they beat the mother. They were forced back in the home where the child died later. I don't blame the girlsfor what they did intact I wish more would take this action. Of course wife beat is okay and comes with offical rules that should be followed while doing  in this religion. Even down to how big the beating instrument can be.

Edited by emberdawn, 21 September 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#19    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 4,955 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I imagine there's already been a knock on her front door, lets hope "they've" been lenient.

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

Also tagged with iran, hijab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users