Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl's obsession to look like 'living doll'

Still Waters

The mother of a teenage girl who posts shocking videos of herself posing as a 'living doll' has defended her daughter's lifestyle.

Margaret Palermo claims 15-year-old Venus is an 'innocent and good girl who likes frills and ribbons'.

Venus, known online as Venus Angelic, became an internet sensation after her online tutorials, in which she gives tips on how to achieve the bizarre look, received thousands on hits.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Robbie333

• Eldorado

• and-then

I don't think it's bad, or something to be "horrified" by as the TV interviewer states, but yeah, it's a little weird. Maybe even a bit creepy.

All in all it seems harmless enough. I suppose it could be bad for the girl's psychological development if it truly is an obsession that lasts throughout her life though.

Definitely strange, but nothing to make a big deal out of. What's the difference between her and a goth or an emo kid?

I watched as much of the transformation process as I could stand.....it is AMAZING the change that she achieved with makeup. Her career as a makeup artist is in good shape.

I feel like she's going to shank me in her full length picture.

there is much worse things she could be doing with her time. hanging around on street corners with thugs scaring people for example.

Edited by Vaise

Definitely strange, but nothing to make a big deal out of. What's the difference between her and a goth or an emo kid?

She isn't following a fad...she's made her own. That is the sign of a true individual.

I sincerely hope the bullies she'll encounter throughout her life will leave her alone. But I doubt it.

:huh:

I think she is very creative and intuitive - she makes it look effortless, I think she can see hidden potential in her own unique genre and is exploiting it for all it is worth - good for her, it sure isn't hurting anyone now is it?

Edited by libstaK

Here's me when I was younger.......

laugh.gif Very good lol

Anyhoo the OP article... Ack so what? She likes to make herself look like a doll.... My kid would love to look like Barbie...but I wont let her tongue.gif

Cliff Richard loves a living doll

I remember this video ...mad !!

What's the problem with dressing/looking anyway you want? It's like punk never happened sometimes........

Being different is not allowed unless you are entertaining.

It upsets the tribal harmony.

Look what happened to Jesus. He was so different..... they NAILED him to a cross.

Edited by Eldorado

This isn't that new or unique even. Japanese school-girls all lolita'd up have been around for years. (And of course other nationalities too, I just see a lot of pics of them from Japan.) This really isn't that different.

And good for her. If that's what she wants to look like, she shouldn't be stymied by that tribal harmony Eldorado mentioned. ;)

Um, I think it's meant to be "an unusual obsession" in the first sentence, which leads me to my second point: You're meant to say an before a word starting with a vowel, but does anyone notice "an usual" doesnt actually work right?

On topic: Yeah, this is pretty normal with most Japanese School girls lik Purplos said.

Being different is not allowed unless you are entertaining.

Like ........Mr Bean

Meh. She could be doing worse things.

I dress up as a do -- oops, I've said too much.

Looks fine to me. It could be alot worse. She could be all wrecked with tattoos and piercings.

....ahhhhh, creepy is all I can say. But hey, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Um, I think it's meant to be "an unusual obsession" in the first sentence, which leads me to my second point: You're meant to say an before a word starting with a vowel, but does anyone notice "an usual" doesnt actually work right?

On topic: Yeah, this is pretty normal with most Japanese School girls lik Purplos said.

I actually saw an entire herd or would it be gaggle? of them once in a theatre in Beijing. Must have been 200 or more all chattering away and noisily finding seats for the Chinese gymnastic show we came to see. Hate to sound racist since my daughter is Chinese American but they all looked the same except for height :w00t: