Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#91    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 15 February 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Something that also intrigues me about the whole alien thing is that many people will say they've lost time, now im sure theres a reasonable explanation for this. But can someone tell me how that could happen?

A number of events or prevailing conditions can alter the perception of time, so that it may appear to a person that hours have passed in seconds, or minutes seeming to pass like hours. I have had a seizure disorder for most of my life and I have experienced "missing time" on dozens or perhaps even hundreds of occasions. During a seizure my mind is a blank, then when I'm recovering from one I'm disoriented and for a while I can't tell if a minute or a day has passed.

The way we perceive time can be altered by a number of causes. When experiencing something traumatic or frightening for instance, time seems to slow down, allowing us to evaluate the situation and make quick decisions. Time did not, in fact, slow down, but our perception of it did, most likely brought on by stress, a rise in heart rate and blood pressure, and an increase of adrenalin (plus the old 'fight or flight' instinct thrown in for good measure).

Time can also seem to speed up when we focus our attention on something; reading a good book, playing a cool video game, or even just having a few pints with friends. Again, time did not speed up, but rather, our perception of it was changed.

Relating to cases of so-called abductions, when a person has convinced him/herself that what they is witnessing an actual paranormal event, they will lose track of time by focusing on whatever it is they are actually seeing. When they later try to piece the events together they realize that there is a certain amount of time that they cannot account for. This can be explained by hysterical amnesia, which is basically selective memory loss. In other words, just because those people lost track of time does not mean that they were abducted, then had their memories wiped.

And just to add, now that my sight is almost completely gone, I've personally begun to perceive time differently. What may be a full day to others feels like only half a day to me. I sometimes have trouble sleeping because ten PM feels like four in the afternoon. My days have become longer, yet I can still roughly estimate when an hour has passed.

So back on subject, missing time can easily be explained by altered perception and dissociation. No aliens needed.

Edited for "Missing words" lol

Edited by theSOURCE, 15 February 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#92    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Ok thanks for explaining that, your sight is completely gone, how are you seeing the words your typing?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#93    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 15 February 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Ok thanks for explaining that, your sight is completely gone, how are you seeing the words your typing?

I can't see them. I use a text reader to read them back to me, and right now my cousin is typing my replies.

#94    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostReann, on 15 February 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I get what you're saying in regards to how some people are horrible individuals...but it doesn't make it right for anyone to do the things you mentioned against someone's will, extraterrestrial  or not , right?
Do you think that there's more to it than we know of pertaining to realities and dimensions... I do.

It doesn't make it right. We have no right to throw stones, though. We have our share of both heroes and villains, so why should we expect other beings to be perfect? They're likely free agents too.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#95    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 15 February 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Something that also intrigues me about the whole alien thing is that many people will say they've lost time, now im sure theres a reasonable explanation for this. But can someone tell me how that could happen?

They might have been unconscious. I lost time when the doctor anesthetized me before an operation. Thirty or so minutes passed. It felt like thirty seconds.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#96    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Missing time. http://en.wikipedia....Possible_causes

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#97    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,776 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 15 February 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I can't see them. I use a text reader to read them back to me, and right now my cousin is typing my replies.

I've been wondering...could that Dragon speech recognition software be of any help for you? It's supposed to type what you say, seems like it might be a useful tool.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#98    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PosttheSOURCE, on 15 February 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Have your eyesight always been like that, or,...?

Edited by Hazzard, 16 February 2013 - 11:03 AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#99    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Who said that ET must be evil? Did we behave always evil when we (europeans) discover new lands and people?
It depends on motivation. I doubt that they will be guided by greed.Rather it would be scientific journey.

Edited by the L, 16 February 2013 - 12:29 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#100    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postthe L, on 16 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Who said that ET must be evil? Did we behave always evil when we (europeans) discover new lands and people?
It depends on motivation. I doubt that they will be guided by greed.Rather it would be scientific journey.

We can always hope they send explorers,... instead of these guys.

Posted Image

#101    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostHazzard, on 16 February 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

We can always hope they send explorers,... instead of these guys.

Posted Image

Isnt this logic?

If they reach that level of technology and science to have interstellar travels or even use black hole as their intergalactic subway Im sure their moral and ethic was and is on high level. Therefore they will first sent explorers. Why would they need earth for instead of any other world? Every known element on earth can be found elsewhere.
Im sure that would be like Lapérouse expedition. Unless they are nomads. And in that case they will probably be like Mongols. Small mobile organized merciless calculated self efficent ice cold ETs. But chances that they will be like French are 99%.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#102    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,212 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

They look pretty scary but appearances can be deceiving.

#103    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

#104    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postthe L, on 16 February 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Isnt this logic?

If they reach that level of technology and science to have interstellar travels or even use black hole as their intergalactic subway Im sure their moral and ethic was and is on high level. Therefore they will first sent explorers. Why would they need earth for instead of any other world? Every known element on earth can be found elsewhere.
Im sure that would be like Lapérouse expedition. Unless they are nomads. And in that case they will probably be like Mongols. Small mobile organized merciless calculated self efficent ice cold ETs. But chances that they will be like French are 99%.

I guess thinking that there higher than us and we are of no consequence to them, so they may see us like animals and something to hunt is thinking to much like a human

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#105    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

I know demons are real because I've been possessed by one twice. Not being argumentive here, but IMO aliens are the devil as well.

Edited by notforgotten, 16 February 2013 - 10:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users