Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Thousands of dead fish wash up in Brazil

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,626 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Authorities are working to remove several thousand dead fish from Brazil's Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon.

India TV News said:

A large amount of organic matter that entered the lagoon as a result of two recent large storms consumed oxygen and brought it down to critically low levels, Carlos Alberto Muniz, the municipal environment secretary, told Efe.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

There has been an awful lot of these incidents in the last few years.  If it's not thousands of fish it's usually thousands of birds.  Sad.

Edited by Eldorado, 16 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#3    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

wow that is just sad and terrible!!!but i do not believe its the organic matter that is the cause root of the problem.i believe its humans and people in general.all the things humanity does to the planet from chem trails,pollution in the water,sea,lakes and air and etc that is what is causing it.humanity is destroying the planet and life itself without this planet we have nothing to live at the moment guys wake up!!! wake up!!! wake up!!! wake up!!!science and the mainstream media know the truth come on guys.this is not only affecting Brazil but everywhere in the planet

#4    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

humanity will destroy the planet if we don't learn soon and fast and get out act together.but wait science will find out the answer and solution one day or soon!!! me:but when its too late or it feels like it?if science is strong and almighty why hasn't it solve many things already???

#5    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

the problem is humanity not all of humanity of course or everybody either just to get that straight and clear

#6    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

its like in the movie the "day the earth stood still". its not your technology that is the problem that is the problem is "you" and in this case he is talking about "Humanity"

Edited by Andromedan Starseed 333, 16 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#7    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

i want to correct that i meant to say the problem is not your technology the problem is "you" and he refers to humanity

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,569 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

I can't help wondering if the higher than average release of methane from ocean beds in various parts of the world are contributing to this, if the pockets released are condensed enough to displace water and significantly oxygen for any significant period, well ....

http://www.independe...omb-938932.html

From the article:

Orjan Gustafsson of Stockholm University in Sweden, one of the leaders of the expedition, described the scale of the methane emissions in an email exchange sent from the Russian research ship Jacob Smirnitskyi.
"We had a hectic finishing of the sampling programme yesterday and this past night," said Dr Gustafsson. "An extensive area of intense methane release was found. At earlier sites we had found elevated levels of dissolved methane. Yesterday, for the first time, we documented a field where the release was so intense that the methane did not have time to dissolve into the seawater but was rising as methane bubbles to the sea surface. These 'methane chimneys' were documented on echo sounder and with seismic [instruments]."
At some locations, methane concentrations reached 100 times background levels.

Of course, I am no biologist so anyone with any expertise is welcome to lay my concerns to rest or otherwise.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostEldorado, on 16 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

There has been an awful lot of these incidents in the last few years.  If it's not thousands of fish it's usually thousands of birds.  Sad.

It has not just been the last few years, it has been all throughout history.

Humans have not helped, and have caused un natural kills, but ones like this are natural.

To bad Mother Nature can not do this to humans, we need it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostSakari, on 16 March 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

It has not just been the last few years, it has been all throughout history.

My memory only goes back to 2010 then skips to 1984 -1980 then skips again to 1976-1969 then nothing.  :(  I blame the drink.

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostEldorado, on 16 March 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

My memory only goes back to 2010 then skips to 1984 -1980 then skips again to 1976-1969 then nothing.  :(  I blame the drink.

Your memory is wayyyyy better then mine then...Especially 1980-1984, I remember the concerts, I think.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#12    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Brown tide kills oxygen then kills fish.

#13    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,753 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostSakari, on 16 March 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

[...]
To bad Mother Nature can not do this to humans, we need it.
So, you wouldn't mind if Mother nature would put you near the beginning of the long line for the corporeal punishment?...

Be careful what you wish for.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,267 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 17 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

So, you wouldn't mind if Mother nature would put you near the beginning of the long line for the corporeal punishment?...

Be careful what you wish for.

No I would not......And if I had a nickel for every time someone posted that.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#15    3xStrange

3xStrange

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

STOP EVERYBODY!
THIS IS NOT the End of World or nothing like this!
Just look at simple history, Before jump to conclusions!

The name of the neighborhood is Ipanema, that in the native language means "Bad Water" or "Smelly Water", the lagoon is surrounds by hills and with a short connection to the ocean, after strong rains (specially in the summer season, as now down there) the "spring" water come from the hills and take the levels of the oxigen in the water to a low level when the sun comeback and heat up the water mirror.
check on Google map with you dont belive, right under the statue of Christ!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users