Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

McDonalds introduces fine dining to service!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,849 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

From fast food to fine dining: a world first for Maccas

A McDonald's in the NSW Illawarra is the first Maccas outlet in the world to offer plates, cutlery and table service with its dine-in meals.

The fast food giant’s global headquarters in Chicago has given the Warilla outlet the go-ahead to trial table service in a move that has gained international attention.

McDonald’s Warilla franchisees Glenn and Katia Dwarte came up with the idea after Mr Dwarte started serving his parents  and mother-in-law  meals that way during their weekly visits to the restaurant.

It immediately attracted the attention of other people who asked ‘‘How do I order that?’’

Further reading - Source
This was on the news this evening, thought I'd share.  I think my brain exploded when I heard it :lol:

Edited by Paranoid Android, 06 February 2013 - 07:26 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#2    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 06 February 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

[b] This was on the news this evening, thought I'd share.  I think my brain exploded when I heard it :lol:[/size][/font][/color]

Im sorry but anything mcDonalds  tries to sell me they can s**k my b***s,everything they serve is so refined it is unreal.I dont care if they told me the cow was only grass fed in the least polluted place on earth and was just slaughtered.I would tell them to shove it

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

It seems like consumer confidence has dropped since the BK fiasco.

#4    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,849 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 06 February 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Pardon my Australian ignorance, but what was the BK fiasco?  Presumably Burger King, but I haven't heard anything such as a fiasco.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#5    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Contradictions can't exist in the world *starts convulsing on the ground*

#6    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Im so hungry I could eat a horse... I think ill go to BK!
Actually, it didn't disturb me at all. Kinda made me want to go to BK as soon as I heard. I just like trying new cuts of meat is all... nothing odd.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#7    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Pardon my Australian ignorance, but what was the BK fiasco?  Presumably Burger King, but I haven't heard anything such as a fiasco.

This fiasco

http://www.huffingto..._n_2593538.html

#8    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,849 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 06 February 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Ahh, thanks :)  Say "neigh" to BK *yes, I went there*

Posted Image

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

"Moo" :td:

#10    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,563 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

The only safe bet is to not eat junk food in the first place. I've observed a marked difference in the health of those who eat junk food and those who don't . A few years back there was a documentary type movie called "Supersize Me"...let me see if I can find a link.

Ok, got it. If you haven't seen this, you need to watch it.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#11    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Fathead trumps Supersize Me

#12    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 06 February 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

My confidence in what these companies pass off as food bottomed out long before bk's prob's haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I had my first waffle here in Vietnam last weekend.  A small waffle shop has opened up, and they know what they are doing, even though they were all Vietnamese.  It was nice and crunchy with blueberries and blueberry syrup and vanilla ice cream and a little powered sugar.

Of course to break my dietary rules that badly I had to take an extra dose of metformin and put up with diarrhea all night, but it was worth it.

I also understand that both McDonald's and Starbucks are here.  There are KFCs all over the place, so these other American chains are way behind.

#14    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

I had my first waffle here in Vietnam last weekend.  A small waffle shop has opened up, and they know what they are doing, even though they were all Vietnamese.  It was nice and crunchy with blueberries and blueberry syrup and vanilla ice cream and a little powered sugar.

Of course to break my dietary rules that badly I had to take an extra dose of metformin and put up with diarrhea all night, but it was worth it.

I also understand that both McDonald's and Starbucks are here.  There are KFCs all over the place, so these other American chains are way behind.

Frank frank frank shame on you lol,that meal alone sounds bad enough to make one a full blown diabetic haha

#15    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Mc donalds- fine dining-I don't think sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users