Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Bloody Mary real? heard stories for years

LostSouls7

OK so ever since I was in elementary school I heard the stories about bloody mary. You know you say her name three times in a dark room or bathroom and she appears in the mirror and scratches you. I always heard kids say they saw something appear in the mirror back in Jr. high and elementary. Then in high school the stories faded away, of course because they grew up. Maybe bloody mary was just an imagination.

But then I saw I think it was the 3 paranormal activity movie that had a scary depiction of the bloody mary urban legend.

So is she real? Is this fact or myth? Have any of you called bloody mary and did she appear in the mirror?

No, Bloody Mary is not real, As you said so yourself it's an urban legend and standing in front of a mirror and saying her name 3 times is not going to invoke her angry spirit.

• Like 6

OK so ever since I was in elementary school I heard the stories about bloody mary. You know you say her name three times in a dark room or bathroom and she appears in the mirror and scratches you. I always heard kids say they saw something appear in the mirror back in Jr. high and elementary. Then in high school the stories faded away, of course because they grew up. Maybe bloody mary was just an imagination.

But then I saw I think it was the 3 paranormal activity movie that had a scary depiction of the bloody mary urban legend.

So is she real? Is this fact or myth? Have any of you called bloody mary and did she appear in the mirror?

Heres what we shall do...

you go and stand in front of a mirror and chant "bloody mary" 3 times and i shall go and do the same, and we can meet back here to discuss the outcomes!

• Like 2

I just did it.

Bloody Mary is an urban legend just like you said. Besides if it was real then all of our little girls would be dead from slumber parties.

• Like 2

...But you could try setting up a mirror on the floor at one end of a room and then you sit at the other end and stare at your own face, do not look away, do not move your eyes, it must be a fixed stare, you are allowed to blink. After about 9 minutes you will see something else looking back at you from the mirror.

• Like 4

...But you could try setting up a mirror on the floor at one end of a room and then you sit at the other end and stare at your own face, do not look away, do not move your eyes, it must be a fixed stare, you are allowed to blink. After about 9 minutes you will see something else looking back at you from the mirror.

Whats your explanation for this phenomena?

• Like 1

dunno, but it works, try it. Once you move your eyes and look back it's just your own reflection again.

• Like 3

I heard of her when I was at a slumber party when I was a kid. It was done in England, but her name had to be called, "Mary Worth". I don't know of anyone personally whoo tried it. Why would you want to call an old witch? I thought it was said she killed those who summoned her and that's where she got the name bloody Mary. I know looking into a mirror brings odd visions and it's even said you can see yourself as "old" in the future etc. Interesting subject for the curious and I just had to post her name since it wasn't mentioned.

• Like 1

Easy way to find out...just try it! Or are your scared?! :devil:

I tried saying beetlejuice 3 times...he never showed, so dissapointing! Next on the list...candyman!!

• Like 4

I tried saying beetlejuice 3 times...he never showed, so dissapointing! Next on the list...candyman!!

Who can take a sunrise

(Who can take a sunrise)

Sprinkle it with dew

(Sprinkle it with dew)

Cover it in chocolate

And a miracle or two

The candy man

(The candy man)

The candy man can

(The candy man can)

The candy man can cause he

Mixes it with love and

Makes the world taste good

• Like 3

beetlejuice actually worked for me!

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to summon an entity that causes physical harm, injury and even death? If it was real, then how will you be able to fight it? run crying to the church?

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to summon an entity that causes physical harm, injury and even death? If it was real, then how will you be able to fight it? run crying to the church?

thats on the assumption that evil entities exsist

It is not real, I tried, and asked others for help doing this. The same people that tell others how to get rid of " them "......Yup, here is the link again. The topic started in 2010, and is still active. ( not sure why, I would say it is a done deal )..... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=0

And to answer why....Is on the first post of that topic.

• Like 2

As as powerful mage. I would simply command and capture her spirit in my Evil Jar!

It's time for bloody mary to go in my evil jar!!!

Bloody Mary, pfft.

i hear it works for the ladies only.

Say her name 3 times, 10 times, whatever and she'll eventually appear.

She usually waits till puberty though, then she shows up with a vengeance!

Oh, that Mary, crazy Mary.

• Like 2

I remember me and some friends doing this at a sleepover. We also tried the light as a feather, stiff as a board thing.

Nothing.

I guess people could scare themselves silly enough to see something.

Originally, it was supposed to be some sort of divination to find out who you would marry. There's supposed to be some connection to a bloody Queen Mary. I always thought of the blood countess, but that was Elizabeth Bathory.

• Like 1

dunno, but it works, try it. Once you move your eyes and look back it's just your own reflection again.

I really wanted scrying to work for me. I tried and tried, but nothing. I did the black scrying mirror, fire, water, even a real crystal ball. Nothing. Unfortunately, it's just not a talent of mine.

• Like 1

I've heard stories that a leprechaun hides his pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

• Like 1

Human mind craves stimulation, after enough time without it, it starts making its own things to perceive.

Same thing happens in isolation with prisoners and sensory deprivation tanks.

The mind doesn't like blank space so it tries to fill it in.

Bing bang boom, you gotta mirror being

• Like 2

Human mind craves stimulation, after enough time without it, it starts making its own things to perceive.

Same thing happens in isolation with prisoners and sensory deprivation tanks.

The mind doesn't like blank space so it tries to fill it in.

Bing bang boom, you gotta mirror being

good explanation, thank you Skep B.

The mind is a remarkable processor

Have you ever tried this with those Fun House mirrors? Let us know what happens.

• Like 1

I tried this bloody mary once didn't like it but it worked, I got drunk.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Why this happenes is all pretty simple. The Human brain acumilates information from own sensory perception. Touch, sight, and sound. From Sight. Our eye only see's shape, form and colour. This information is processed to image form. Tho, the brain gets bored with repitition so will start to seek more information to process what may have been missed.

If you dont give th image in your mind meaning. The brain will ussume the image convaid was incorrect. Gets confused, and will start to distort the visual image and trick itself seeking new meanings.

A little trick to try. Close your eyes and think of some thing or any one. Anything, it matters none. Say the word. WHAT is the very first thing that comes to mind?.... I wont give it away :)

EDIT: answer was already given.

Edited by TridentAA
  • Like 1