Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't we get tired?

ThePortal

I dont know about you but I think we might need a bit more diversity.

No hard feelings for Christianity, but this is all we hear about......a little bit of other subject would not hurt...would it happy.gif

here's a start...Other religion, spiritual movement that exist. It could give us some ideas to play with. Let me know if I miss any tongue.gif

Native American religions

Huna and pacific Island religion

African and Afro-Diasporic religion

Shinto

Buddhism

Hinduism

Jainism

Sikhism

Taoism

Pagan

Asatru and Norse-Paganism

Celtic

Druids

Magikal religions

Wicca

Witchcraft

Baha'i

Christian

Islam

Judaism

Scientology

Unitarian Universalist

Zoroastrianism

Shamanism

Free thoughts

United Universists

....etc..I'm sure I am missing some

we can talk about there philosophies, we can share their wisdom. Juggle thoughts about their theories ....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePortal

• Consummate Deist

• Mekorig

• Something Like Laughter

Thats is bacause we had few muslims in the forums ( and the ones are generally quiet, not always), and the others religion dont try to put down your troath their beliefs, or dont see Apocalipsis or UFOs everytime behind every corner.

not only that, but christianity is the largest religion in the world. It makes sense to see so many things about it here.

Mekorig, I know that we have many other beliefs here in this forum. It is kind of sad they stay so much in the dark. Talking and explaining their faith does not entails to shove it down our troath. I think it can make a good exchange to broaden our understanding or views. Or maybe make us think about some theories a little bit wink2.gif

And who knows, perhaps they have some theories, views, philosophies,about our world that makes a lot of sense but as been ignored or underestimated far too long.

JesusFreak, yes it make sense. But since the other ones exist in real life, they should exist in here too. You never know what you may learn from them tongue.gif

And curiosity...I knew I was missing something. But I am not too sure if New Age is considered a religion. I thought it was more of a spiritual movement or maybe a type of thinking. Actually I have no idea excatly what it is.... laugh.gif Everybody says different things about it

I think the discussion on religion is a good one. Although i am strongly founded and believe in my Catholic faith, religious ideologies and philosophies are great discussions to learn from.

I think that for one, Christians (Catholics included of course) can learn from the Muslims a great lesson about the devotional life and their dedication to their religion. Correct me if i'm wrong, and i very well may be, but they stop to pray 9 times a day i believe. and they are far more willing to take a day off from earning the almighty dollar for a holy day than we Christians. Take for instance tomorrow, for Catholics, Ash Wednsday...in the Catholic Church it is considered a Holy Day of Obligation (meaning you have to attend mass, or service at some point in the day)....how many Catholics are going to work tomorrow? How many are going to have a sincere day of devotion? A great lesson can be learned from the Muslims in that sense....

I am a lapsed Catholic but i believe a lot of it has been hidden away from us....for instance i believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene...and that they had children.now heres a topic what if you could get into the "black library" beneath the vatican ...imagine the things you could uncover there.I firmly believe that the faith was twisted early on to disadvantage women and to ensure they had no power in the church....to do this meant a lot of embellishment and covering of the real truth thats hidden away in the vaults.....the basic message that JESUS came to save us ,died for us and tried to teach us good ..i believe is true.

Talking and explaining their faith does not entails to shove it down our troath.

How true Portal, how true....wish certain correspondents would understand that. Incidentally, you forgot Deism. innocent.gif

This is a great idea, Portal.

This is Unsolved-Mysteries afterall.

We owe it to ourselves to continue to grow and to be open to knowledge. We should pick a topic that hasn't been researched about, and return with the information you have learned.

This is a great challenge.

Jesus Freak.

Sorry, But us Christians are not the Largest. We have not even got a billion. And there are over five billion on earth. We can get minority status. And that is all of what is called Christians, many, many denominations.

Also we do not need to get into any black library under the Vatican. The Catholic Church had it’s treasure of knowledge stole by a man know as King James, and He shared that treasure with mankind.

But Christianity, Judaism, and Moslems all share believe in God. God just has it hidden a bit.

Ken

Religion of the world

Sorry, But us Christians are not the Largest. We have not even got a billion.
Mekorig supplied a web site and if you can find a different one then we will use his. thumbsup.gif

We can get minority status. And that is all of what is called Christians, many, many denominations
I read over 2 billion not 1 billion.

Also we do not need to get into any black library under the Vatican.
Why are they trying to hide all that knowledge?

The Catholic Church had it’s treasure of knowledge stole by a man know as King James, and He shared that treasure with mankind.
TRUE! It is called the King James Version of the Bible. The same one you use.

But Christianity, Judaism, and Moslems all share believe in God. God just has it hidden a bit.
Now why would he "hide a bit" of what?? 2 questions there.

Also ken in your words you "do not believe in sound Christian doctrine"

Now lets keep to the thread.

But Christianity, Judaism, and Moslems all share believe in God.

Only if you consider your God the true God, which over two thirds of the world does not! I personally do not equate the Creator with YHWH, Jehova, or Allah - they are all too bloodthirsty for my taste! Consequently I believe that they share a God, but not the God!

Hey, I thought this thread was supposed to get away from Xianity! Get back to other beliefs please or go inflict your thoughts on another thread! I personally would like to hear about some of the religions other than Xianity! yes.gif

how about we learn all we can about roman mithraism. i dont know what we could do with it...

Edited by Something Like Laughter

I think the discussion on religion is a good one.  Although i am strongly founded and believe in my Catholic faith, religious ideologies and philosophies are great discussions to learn from.

I think that for one, Christians (Catholics included of course) can learn from the Muslims a great lesson about the devotional life and their dedication to their religion.  Correct me if i'm wrong, and i very well may be, but they stop to pray 9 times a day i believe.  and they are far more willing to take a day off from earning the almighty dollar for a holy day than we Christians.  Take for instance tomorrow, for Catholics, Ash Wednsday...in the Catholic Church it is considered a Holy Day of Obligation (meaning you have to attend mass, or service at some point in the day)....how many Catholics are going to work tomorrow?  How many are going to have a sincere day of devotion?  A great lesson can be learned from the Muslims in that sense....

480807[/snapback]

thumbsup.gif thats good to hear. Thanks for sharing that. We never know what we can learn from one another

You missed out Jedi  sad.gif

Ho No Seraphina....I am deeply sorry.....please accept my apoligies tongue.gif

May the force be with you

I am a lapsed Catholic but i believe a lot of it has been hidden away from us....for instance i believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene...

Bogeyman, altough this could be a good subject I am sure. This thread is about everything except Christianity. No offence intended to Christianity wink2.gif

How true Portal, how true....wish certain correspondents would understand that. Incidentally, you forgot Deism.  innocent.gif

Thank you Consummate Deist, I did indeed forgot about that one happy.gif

This is a great idea, Portal.

This is Unsolved-Mysteries afterall.

We owe it to ourselves to continue to grow and to be open to knowledge. We should pick a topic that hasn't been researched about, and return with the information you have learned.

This is a great challenge.

pisces1963, yes this is excatly my intentions. I think it could be very fun, fulfilling and could very well open for some of us new horizon. Not necessarily changing religion, faith or beliefs, but perhaps some ways of thinking.

Ken1Burton, thanks for the comment, but like Zandore said, lets keep to the topic shall we wink2.gif

Hey, I thought this thread was supposed to get away from Xianity! Get back to other beliefs please or go inflict your thoughts on another thread! I personally would like to hear about some of the religions other than Xianity!  original.gif

agreed...it was the point of this post happy.gif

how about we learn all we can about roman mithranism. i dont know what we could do with it...

Something Like Laughter, sure why not. I have np idea what it is taught laugh.gif Would you care to enlighten us?

Alright, from what I saw, I seem that have a few person interested. Wich one would you guys like to talk about first?

But first i am going to start a new thread, trying to get people opinion on how we can talk about religion without other thinking we are pushing it down their troath. I think this is important or else we will have flame wars there too. I would love the discussion to remain that, discussion of the intellect, not a war about who is right or wrong.

i have no idea what roman mithraism teaches. i just know that mithras was a sun god born out of rock, had two little guys follow him around with torches, and that mithranism was one of christianity's bigger rivals in the 3rd-4th centuries.

edit: fixed my poor spelling.

Edited by Something Like Laughter

Thank you for answering Something Like Laughter, this could be an interesting subject. I only fear that it could turn into a Christianity debate since it was one of their rivals. But we shall see when we get there wink2.gif

I cant wait to get started with all of this. I think it will be very interesting. It will entails some research, but its okay, this is what we like to do right happy.gif

When I get enough replies on wich one people would prefer discussing first, I will go and research and start a thread. Or if someone would like to start one after they have done some research plz do so, the point is to do it.

If I do not have any suggestion, then I will randomly pick one.

Well, we could address Zoaster and his teachings, it is still a "living" religion. I really have no idea what it entails although it is my understanding that the Hebrews took the idea of the "Good God - Bad God" from that religion giving us Jehovah and Satan.