Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Orbs in photos

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://www.microscop...g/ccdintro.html

#17    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I have seen BOLs with the naked eye. They look nothing like "orbs". I have caught many orbs by camera, all easily explainable as dust, bugs, camera artifacts, etc. I would love to catch a BOL on camera but the appearance of them is so rare I fear I never will.

I find the best rule of thumb is just to accept that all "orbs" are artifacts and move on. Unless of course you capture one while not using a flash.

#18    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I would half to figure one of the best cameras to not capture dust particals. Would be a Niconus.  Its the underwater division of Nicon.    There better designed to eliminate particals because water holds more of them in suspension than air.

#19    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,577 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

This topic should be renamed "Dust in photos".

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#20    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Orbs has been debunked... please hang up and try again.

http://en.wikipedia....#Example_images

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#21    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 20 December 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

This topic should be renamed "Dust in photos".

Not all of them. I took shots of beautiful orbs last weekend just like I do every year around Christmas.

#22    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

I have said this before.. unless there are defined parameters that distinguish what constitutes an "orb" and what is said to be dust/partciles/lense refraction just by simply looking at the picture........they are all "orbs"... or they are all"dust particles/something else"... you can not pick and choose which you want them to be based on a anecdotal story when they are indistinguishable by the naked eye

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#23    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

View Postscowl, on 20 December 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Not all of them. I took shots of beautiful orbs last weekend just like I do every year around Christmas.
Other particles then. Why around Christmas? Lighting conditions optimum?

Posted Image

#24    Ghostsstory

Ghostsstory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Personally I feel that 99% of Orb photos are natural occurring ie: dust, condensation, bugs at a distance, light reflection. Though in some instances, where all of the natural, easily explained "natural orbs" are ruled out...something un-explainable is actually happening. With that said though, no matter how much of what you captured you feel is proof, someone will always be there to point out how it's dust, condensation, reflection and just generally be skeptical. I say steer away from Orb photos. I just the same could be said with any photo, but I find it's most prevalent with Orb pictures.

#25    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,020 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 21 December 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

Other particles then. Why around Christmas? Lighting conditions optimum?
I'm guessing either snow or Christmas lights.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#26    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,125 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

OP, talk to someone who knows forums, computers, imaging and get them to help..  While reduced images will help a little, the best way to offer your images for analysis is to post them somewhere like a photo hosting site, where they can be at full resolution and intact (which means they include information recorded when they were taken - 'exif').

Another way is to zip the images (select them, right click, Send to.. Compressed ZIP file or similar) and send them by email to someone who might offer to analyse them for you.

I'm happy to, but you should be aware that I am known here as a skeptic..... :D  I can PM you an email address if you want.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#27    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,020 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

ZIP is handy for sending a whole bunch of photos without having to attach multiple files to an email, but because JPEG is a highly optimized lossy compression algorithm, you really don't gain anything (a few % in my experience at most) in the sense of file compression by trying to zip JPEGs.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#28    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,173 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I am a believer, and I know some people aren't, so there's no need to call me crazy, you can just think it.

Many orbs are flying insects, 'features' of the camera, or tricks of the light. Discount those, and the many borderline cases, and I find I am left with a hard core of genuine orbs. I like to think I can tell which is which.

What is less easily explained away by sceptics is the 'stage up' from an orb, which I have heard called a 'veil'. Instead of a symmetrical round blob, it is a loose glowing mesh, like the shape of a twisting hand, with a definite 3rd dimension to it. Much more interesting!

#29    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,020 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postacute alan, on 19 February 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

I am a believer, and I know some people aren't, so there's no need to call me crazy, you can just think it.
Ok.

Many orbs are flying insects, 'features' of the camera, or tricks of the light. Discount those, and the many borderline cases, and I find I am left with a hard core of genuine orbs. I like to think I can tell which is which.
Examples of such "genuine" orbs and methodology of how you separate the "genuine" orbs from the others?

What is less easily explained away by sceptics is the 'stage up' from an orb, which I have heard called a 'veil'. Instead of a symmetrical round blob, it is a loose glowing mesh, like the shape of a twisting hand, with a definite 3rd dimension to it. Much more interesting!
Again, examples of what you are talking about?

#30    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,173 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 04 March 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

Examples of such "genuine" orbs and methodology of how you separate the "genuine" orbs from the others?

Again, examples of what you are talking about?
Obviously, spotting genuine orbs is very subjective.

What is easier to show you is the 'veil'.
See 4:51 (bottom right of the screen) and 5:39.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users