Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What would life be like

markdohle

What would life be like?

To reject portions of myself will naturally lead me to reject others. What would happen if that changed, if I could embrace everything about myself and stand before God in thankfulness, not only for what I perceive as good, but also, to be blunt, the sh-t? What would happen? Would I look on others differently, as another self, with both light and dark doing their dance, (perhaps tango is a better phrase)? With the same struggles, failures, and yes successes, though often hidden from my eyes, just as my inner struggles are often hidden from others? What would life be like if I had no scapegoats? What would happen if I needed no mirrors to actually see what is in me, if the fear were dropped and I could just be?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markdohle

• mklsgl

• Leonardo

• Trog

Top Posters In This Topic

What would life be like?

To reject portions of myself will naturally lead me to reject others. What would happen if that changed, if I could embrace everything about myself and stand before God in thankfulness, not only for what I perceive as good, but also, to be blunt, the sh-t? What would happen? Would I look on others differently, as another self, with both light and dark doing their dance, (perhaps tango is a better phrase)? With the same struggles, failures, and yes successes, though often hidden from my eyes, just as my inner struggles are often hidden from others? What would life be like if I had no scapegoats? What would happen if I needed no mirrors to actually see what is in me, if the fear were dropped and I could just be?

This post, Mark, is as close to awe-inspiring as it gets. Questions that lead to greater, deeper questions that lead to even further probing explorations of the selves that lead to yet undiscovered self-intellectuality and actuality... the meaning, purpose? Just more questions? Anyone claiming answers must be false and intellectually starved?

Helene Cixous: "Writing (all creative expression) is the passageway, the entrance, the exit, the dwelling place of the other in me--the other that I am and am not, that I don’t know how to be, but that I feel passing, that makes me live--that tears me apart, disturbs me, changes me, who?--a feminine one, a masculine one, some?--several, some unknown, which is indeed what gives me the desire to know and from which all life soars. Writing is working; being worked; questioning (in) the between (letting oneself be questioned) of same and of other without which nothing lives; undoing death’s work by willing the togetherness of one-another, infinitely charged with a ceaseless exchange of one with

What would life be like?

What would your life be like?

It would probably be very unChristian, but perhaps very Christ-like.

Although there are other descriptors than "unChristian" and "Christ-like" that could have as much meaning, without the religious overtones, I adjudge those descriptors might carry a more personal meaning to you - based on what I have read of your thoughts in your posts. If I have misjudged you, then I ask your forgiveness for that.

We are who we are , and that might sound a little trite , but we were created in Gods image and he was happy with that creation , anything you or I perceive about ourselves that may offend our creator is nothing to be feared or ashamed of or rejected , that's our learning curve , we must go down every path and experience the good and the bad , our life is a hands on learning experience .

If we don't do those things that you or I find offensive , our knowledge in that area would be seriously compromised , there'd be no balance , many people have been in the armed services and killed for their country and thought nothing of it while it was happening , but years later those images haunt us all , the feeling of guilt will always be with us , however , who's to say that we weren't the victim in a previous lifetime , what goes around comes around , those were experiences that we needed , and if it prolongs our evolution by a few more lifetimes , so what ?

The question you're really asking is “Are we masters of our own destiny”....

We are who we are , and that might sound a little trite , but we were created in Gods image and he was happy with that creation , anything you or I perceive about ourselves that may offend our creator is nothing to be feared or ashamed of or rejected , that's our learning curve , we must go down every path and experience the good and the bad , our life is a hands on learning experience .

If we don't do those things that you or I find offensive , our knowledge in that area would be seriously compromised , there'd be no balance , many people have been in the armed services and killed for their country and thought nothing of it while it was happening , but years later those images haunt us all , the feeling of guilt will always be with us , however , who's to say that we weren't the victim in a previous lifetime , what goes around comes around , those were experiences that we needed , and if it prolongs our evolution by a few more lifetimes , so what ?

The question you're really asking is "Are we masters of our own destiny"....

Good point ... are we? Or are we as we are "judged" to be? Puppets and sheep?

We master what we "own" the good AND the bad within us that we ACCEPT is within us and therefore take responsibility for to manage and adjust/remove as per our own will to do so. Understanding oneself is embracing the human condition - accepting it in everyone and ourselves. By embracing it we have dominion over it and can truly exercise our freedom of will to choose what of it we will make good use of and what is of no use at all.

What would life be like?

I f your using scapegoats to justify or not accept your own faults........then it is ilogical that your seeing faults in others...........that are true faults too :)

Helene Cixous: "Writing (all creative expression) is the passageway, the entrance, the exit, the dwelling place of the other in me--the other that I am and am not, that I don’t know how to be, but that I feel passing, that makes me live--that tears me apart, disturbs me, changes me, who?--a feminine one, a masculine one, some?--several, some unknown, which is indeed what gives me the desire to know and from which all life soars. Writing is working; being worked; questioning (in) the between (letting oneself be questioned) of same and of other without which nothing lives; undoing death’s work by willing the togetherness of one-another, infinitely charged with a ceaseless exchange of one with

Thanks for the quote, I guess many feel what is stated above, at least I often wonder about my writing. Love this.

peace

mark

What would your life be like?

It would probably be very unChristian, but perhaps very Christ-like.

Although there are other descriptors than "unChristian" and "Christ-like" that could have as much meaning, without the religious overtones, I adjudge those descriptors might carry a more personal meaning to you - based on what I have read of your thoughts in your posts. If I have misjudged you, then I ask your forgiveness for that.

Your right. My faith is my skin, so when I write I will use terms that come natrually to me. I also know that there are other ways to express this. I read Perma Chrondron books, a Buddhist nun, I would never expect her to use Christian terms in her writings. No need to, I can easily transpose. Thank you for your comment.

peace

mark

I f your using scapegoats to justify or not accept your own faults........then it is ilogical that your seeing faults in others...........that are true faults too :)

Yes of course, it is the reaction that comes from not knowing that which causes problems.

peace

mark

Good point ... are we? Or are we as we are "judged" to be? Puppets and sheep?

We master what we "own" the good AND the bad within us that we ACCEPT is within us and therefore take responsibility for to manage and adjust/remove as per our own will to do so. Understanding oneself is embracing the human condition - accepting it in everyone and ourselves. By embracing it we have dominion over it and can truly exercise our freedom of will to choose what of it we will make good use of and what is of no use at all.

Very good, thanks for sharing.

peace

mark