Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Satanic bible

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Years ago my friend had a police scanner.and we had an antenna on his roof.
And we would pick stuff for miles even New York City fire dept  and we live about an hour away.
So there was a guy he must of been on some kind of radio he would read from the satanic bible
Very day at the same time and his voice was kinda creepy .just a story to share.

#2    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

Well thank you for listening to my radio show.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#3    Saturday

Saturday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Location:North of Legend, right at Mystery, and ten steps toward the Twilight Zone

• Information is not knowledge. ~Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 04 September 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

And we would pick stuff for miles even New York City fire dept  and we live about an hour away.
So there was a guy he must of been on some kind of radio he would read from the satanic bible
Very day at the same time and his voice was kinda creepy .just a story to share.

That is super creepy...

#4    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I used to have a CB and a fellow would read from some of weirder part of the Christian Bible every day around noon. People are weird.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#5    Saturday

Saturday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Location:North of Legend, right at Mystery, and ten steps toward the Twilight Zone

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

We had friends with CBs and friends with ham radios... but I never personally got to experience the weirdness of people with a hand mike and a transmitter....

#6    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostSaturday, on 06 September 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

We had friends with CBs and friends with ham radios... but I never personally got to experience the weirdness of people with a hand mike and a transmitter....
I remember there was one guy who would just sign in for a few minutes to cuss out as many things as he could think of. It's great sometimes to just listen to people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#7    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

The FCC web site has a section of investigations they've done over several years. They've busted pirate radio stations broadcasting everything you can imagine including drugs and prostitution.

It's not much trouble to throw a wire up a tree and start blabbing anything you want into a microphone. Reading from the Satanic Bible is one of the more clever ideas I've heard of, especially since shortwave is full of powerful Christian broadcasters who are not bound by any "equal time" laws.

#8    Saturday

Saturday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'll explore the FCC investigations... I had no idea stuff like this was happening... getting on the radio to cuss everyone out? Drugs, prostitution? Oh my...  there are just some bizarre things going on in the world... now I wish I had listened to those ham radios and CBs way back when... just to hear some of the weirdness :)

#9    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Some of the investigations are hilarious. 99% of the time the pirate will voluntarily shut down and that's the end of it. But some of the pirates are so determined to stay on the air that they'll move equipment around to try to outsmart the FCC. It never works. All it does is make the investigators p***ed off.

Violators will sometimes yell at the agents calling them jackbooted thugs who are violating their Constitutional rights and are no better than Nazi storm troopers trying to suppress freedom of thought and expression. That will really p*** them off.

If the violator is cooperative, the agents will usually overlook suspicious-looking substances found in the vicinity of the transmitter they're confiscating (be sure to tell everyone on the Internet about how stupid they were after they leave). If you start quoting Malcolm X or getting in their face, they'll call the local police and confiscate anything else that looks illegal. And they'll look extra-hard for it.

#10    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 06 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

I used to have a CB and a fellow would read from some of weirder part of the Christian Bible every day around noon. People are weird.
Way more creepier!

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#11    Saturday

Saturday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Postscowl, on 06 September 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Some of the investigations are hilarious. 99% of the time the pirate will voluntarily shut down and that's the end of it. But some of the pirates are so determined to stay on the air that they'll move equipment around to try to outsmart the FCC. It never works. All it does is make the investigators p***ed off.

Violators will sometimes yell at the agents calling them jackbooted thugs who are violating their Constitutional rights and are no better than Nazi storm troopers trying to suppress freedom of thought and expression. That will really p*** them off.

If the violator is cooperative, the agents will usually overlook suspicious-looking substances found in the vicinity of the transmitter they're confiscating (be sure to tell everyone on the Internet about how stupid they were after they leave). If you start quoting Malcolm X or getting in their face, they'll call the local police and confiscate anything else that looks illegal. And they'll look extra-hard for it.

I'm definitely going to look this stuff up :)

#12    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

My only issue is, why is this classed as paranormal?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#13    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,169 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 04 September 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Meh!  People do far weirder things on the Internet and will willingly do it live in front of complete strangers.  

This is pretty tame compared with what you can find people doing on ChatRoulette.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#14    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 07 September 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

Meh!  People do far weirder things on the Internet and will willingly do it live in front of complete strangers.  

This is pretty tame compared with what you can find people doing on ChatRoulette.

This one time I set my webcam on and forgot and I had left the TV also on and went to work, I came home turned the TV off and I turned to hear a german guy cussing at me because he was watching it. BTW it was on show time

Edited by Brian Topp, 07 September 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#15    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,326 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 07 September 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

This one time I set my webcam on and forgot and I had left the TV also on and went to work, I came home turned the TV off and I turned to hear a german guy cussing at me because he was watching it. BTW it was on show time

That's the most hilarious thing I have heard all week.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 07 September 2013 - 04:47 AM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users