Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Characteristic's of a Terrorist.......

rawles domestic terrorist

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 17 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

All or most of the people in this thread, who see the need for change, want a peaceful revolution, not a violent one. Kowalski summarized it extremely well. It's a change of heart and mind that is best expressed at the voting booth. You don't need to be a "terrorist" (whatever that means these days) to see that we're accelerating in the wrong direction.

I wish it were that simple. They have highjacked the entire electoral process. The only way a voting booth can help now is on the local level. And even that has its claws in coruption.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#62    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Who is this "they" who have highjacked the electoral process?

#63    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 21 March 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Let me tell you something -- you don't want to live through a revolution or civil war if you can possibly avoid it.  

As far as "preserve what this country was founded on," that is hard to take seriously.  Times change, and what any country was founded on is totally obsolete by now.  Besides, just what was the US founded on?  Read Hamilton and you get one picture, read Jefferson and it's totally different.  (Sorry but those are the only ones I'm familiar with).

The priciples of freedom never change, and nothing is new under the sun. The rich and powerful want more riches and power, at the expence of the people they are suppose to serve.

As far as the OP, the bottom line is, anyone who is awake to this totaly evil corupted government are labled the enemy. And the more people who wake up to this fact, the more danger this entire nation will be in. Cause they arent going to go away quietly.

#64    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Surely Frank, THAT is the $64,000 question.

I suspect the answer is rather complex.

#65    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 21 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Who is this "they" who have highjacked the electoral process?

The banks, the media, big corperations, the military industrial complex, who use this government as a tool to expand thier dominance.

#66    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Sometimes I see things posted that just don't make any sense, and I think the person must be a little eccentric or incredibly arrogant that they don't get their way in politics.  They probably don't get their way much in other things either.  Life tends to be like that, and one doesn't have much influence among millions of voters.

Personally I am not an enamored of this "freedom" that Americans think they have a unique grasp of.  It's a bit cultish.  We all have to live under law and pay taxes and respect the police.  The difference between the US and Vietnam nowadays is that the US is controlled by self-appointed politicians (mostly lawyers) while Vietnam is controlled by members of the Communist party -- which has evolved into a body of mainly well-educated types who keep their noses clean.

You are always going to have a ruling elite; its the nature of the beast.  The founding of the US was done by a small elite of wealthy landed British-derived aristocrats.  The vast majority had almost no influence.  This was freedom?  The freedom they wanted was freedom from Britain to run the country as they wanted to.

#67    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Let me tell you something -- you don't want to live through a revolution or civil war if you can possibly avoid it.  

Of course not. But even more so I dont want to look my children in the eyes and tell them they have to live in a police state cause we were cowards who bowed to coruption and evil. Cause my ass was more important then thier future

Edited by preacherman76, 21 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#68    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Frank

How long have you been living in HCMC?

Have you ever visited the beautiful island of Phu Quoc, with its little settlement of An Thoi?  I did, a few times, back in 1971.  Absolutely georgeous!

#69    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 21 March 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Sometimes I see things posted that just don't make any sense, and I think the person must be a little eccentric or incredibly arrogant that they don't get their way in politics.  They probably don't get their way much in other things either.  Life tends to be like that, and one doesn't have much influence among millions of voters.

Personally I am not an enamored of this "freedom" that Americans think they have a unique grasp of.  It's a bit cultish.  We all have to live under law and pay taxes and respect the police.  The difference between the US and Vietnam nowadays is that the US is controlled by self-appointed politicians (mostly lawyers) while Vietnam is controlled by members of the Communist party -- which has evolved into a body of mainly well-educated types who keep their noses clean.

You are always going to have a ruling elite; its the nature of the beast.  The founding of the US was done by a small elite of wealthy landed British-derived aristocrats.  The vast majority had almost no influence.  This was freedom?  The freedom they wanted was freedom from Britain to run the country as they wanted to.

I suppose thats cause you think this is as bad as its going to get. You'll see the light when they drain you of everything you have ever worked for. And by every single historical measuring stick, thats exactly what is about to happen, and already is happening. Accept this time on a global scale.

As for your insults (and the reason this is my last responce to you) dont underestimate us underachievers who "dont get thier way much in other things" (then have the nerve to call me arrogent). Cause frankly (no pun intended, well maybe alittle) there is a reason we have been defined by your rulers as a ligit threat. I suppose the British thought the same things back in 1776.

Edited by preacherman76, 21 March 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#70    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

I guess I was a little rough, but you sound so far out of it and out of touch with a much more reasonble view of things.  Before my illness I use to visit the States on business several times a year.  Things there are much the same as everywhere else, except faster.

#71    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 21 March 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

I wish it were that simple. They have highjacked the entire electoral process. The only way a voting booth can help now is on the local level. And even that has its claws in coruption.
That's why we should return to paper ballots. There's less chance of voting fraud, although it still exists.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#72    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

As far as "preserve what this country was founded on," that is hard to take seriously.  Times change, and what any country was founded on is totally obsolete by now.  Besides, just what was the US founded on?  Read Hamilton and you get one picture, read Jefferson and it's totally different.  (Sorry but those are the only ones I'm familiar with).

Times change; values don't. We will preserve and protect the values expressed in our Constitution. We don't think that it's a "totally obsolete" document. Jefferson would join Hamilton in protecting it if there were with us now.

#73    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 21 March 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

You have it totaly backwards. Its the government who is pushing for revolution. The types described in this thread are trying to preserve what this country was founded on.

I don't think there's really a direction to it for me to have it backwards. I think each party is making decisions that the other is reacting to, and now it's snowballing. The government makes a decision some don't like. Those people start quiet musings of revolution if the government continues. The government hears these musings and gets worried, deciding theyre going to need to do something to prevent revolution. Some people again don't like this decision and start talking about revolution more openly. The government then hears open talk of revolution, and feels its imperative to arm themselves incase it happens. The other party sees the government arming themselves, believing its to oppress them, so they arm themselves. The government then sees these ppl arming themselves after all the talk of revolution, and thinks revolution is imminent... Etc. that's what I see happening.

Edited: fixed a typo.

Edited by Stellar, 22 March 2013 - 12:57 PM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#74    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

To be blunt, in spite of all the bravado I see posted here, I think the chances of a revolution changing the state of things in the US are asymptotically close to zero.  That means so close that there no number you might invent would be small enough to express the difference

#75    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,285 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 March 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

To be blunt, in spite of all the bravado I see posted here, I think the chances of a revolution changing the state of things in the US are asymptotically close to zero.  That means so close that there no number you might invent would be small enough to express the difference

I'm not much for false bravado, as I'm a pacifist. I definitely don't want a civil war (sounds like an oxymoron) or a violent revolution. That's not where we're at right now. If things really hit the fan in the future, keep in mind the fact that the Founding Fathers represented a small minority of the colonial population.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users