Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shop that sold gun to Lanza's Mother raided

Ashotep

Why were they raided and why was their firearms license revoked? Were they doing something we don't know about yet? I hate what Lanza did but you can't hold them responsible for it if that is what this is about.

Newtown School Shooting Update: Shop that sold gun to Adam Lanza's mother loses firearms license

• Like 3

Why were they raided and why was their firearms license revoked? Were they doing something we don't know about yet? I hate what Lanza did but you can't hold them responsible for it if that is what this is about.

Newtown School Shooting Update: Shop that sold gun to Adam Lanza's mother loses firearms license

Huh, that is pretty strange...

• Like 2

odd

• Like 3

Sounds like someone is pandering to the vox populi, and just dealing arbitrary "justice".

Like "putting down" a lion that mauls some idiot who gets into the lion's enclosure and then throws rocks at it. It achieves nothing, it just makes some people "feel better".

• Like 5

Probably to make a example out of them for selling guns to a parent of a mental ill child. And it's probably one of those "Somebody has to pay, why not them?" mentality, since Lanza's mother is not around to take the total blame.

The owner of the shop will probably be sued next.

• Like 3

So if you sell someone a car that can't drive worth a darn and they kill someone they can come back and take your dealers license. What a presidence to set.

• Like 5

Absurd.

If they broke any laws, then sure, revoke the license. Even the NRA would support that.

But if this is just some feel good crap some politician is pulling, then they should sue and sue big.

• Like 5

I doubt anyone would agree that removing the shop's license without cause is a good thing.

However - combining this with Obama's recent speech, where he claimed that the weapon used was a fully automatic - maybe that particular shop's being doing some illegal modifications.

Time will tell, either way.

I doubt anyone would agree that removing the shop's license without cause is a good thing.

However - combining this with Obama's recent speech, where he claimed that the weapon used was a fully automatic - maybe that particular shop's being doing some illegal modifications.

Let's see, the odds that this shop was illegally modifying weapons and the first we've heard about it was a gun control speech by the President 4 months later vs Obama, like almost all anti-2nd Amendment politicians of late, playing fast and loose with gun terminology to increase the shock value of their comments.......I think I'll go with the latter in this case.

• Like 6

I didn't think Obama said that but if he did then he'd be wrong. The details of this case have been so screwed up and misinformed, intentionally so. Nothing's more dangerous than the truth for enacting gun control laws.

• Like 3

Let's see, the odds that this shop was illegally modifying weapons and the first we've heard about it was a gun control speech by the President 4 months later vs Obama, like almost all anti-2nd Amendment politicians of late, playing fast and loose with gun terminology to increase the shock value of their comments.......I think I'll go with the latter in this case.

I have no actual evidence that the two are connected. I just suspect that they might be. Feel free to believe otherwise.

I didn't think Obama said that but if he did then he'd be wrong. The details of this case have been so screwed up and misinformed, intentionally so. Nothing's more dangerous than the truth for enacting gun control laws.

Here's an article from Breitbart confirming that he said it at a recent fundraiser.

• Like 1

Perhaps the shop was closed so that certain evidence could be secured and protected? Certain paperwork or something?

Tiggs

You had me chuckling there a few posts back, suggesting that an illegal weapon was somehow involved. :tsu: But what funnier was that innuendo suggesting Obama's statement was somehow factual. Not to mention this is a government whose justice dept was running guns to Mexico. The hypocrisy is very rich.

• Like 4

Tiggs

You had me chuckling there a few posts back, suggesting that an illegal weapon was somehow involved. :tsu: But what funnier was that innuendo suggesting Obama's statement was somehow factual.

As it's so obviously hilarious - presumably you have actual evidence to the contrary?

Perhaps the shop was closed so that certain evidence could be secured and protected? Certain paperwork or something?

Tiggs

You had me chuckling there a few posts back, suggesting that an illegal weapon was somehow involved. :tsu: But what funnier was that innuendo suggesting Obama's statement was somehow factual. Not to mention this is a government whose justice dept was running guns to Mexico. The hypocrisy is very rich.

As it's so obviously hilarious - presumably you have actual evidence to the contrary?

Obama, tell the truth? :w00t:

I wouldn't take his word that night's dark and day's light...

• Like 3

Obama, tell the truth? :w00t:

I wouldn't take his word that night's dark and day's light...

Which I think you'll find is my point.

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected. He only continues to lie to us today. Take the blinders off there was no automatic weapon used, we all know that. This is an act by the ATF that deserves to be looked into and if they were abusing there power they should be prosecuted.

• Like 4

He hasn't always been the most accurate with his statements. And if they did sell such a weapon you can be sure someone would be in jail by now. THAT is a very big no - no. The steps required for a full auto permit are lengthy and expensive. So much so that it isn't worthwhile for many people. And add to that the price difference. An Ar-15 semi auto .223 was about 1000 dollars before this madness, but even then, a fully auto was 10 X that.
  • Like 2

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected. He only continues to lie to us today. Take the blinders off there was no automatic weapon used, we all know that.

Until the official police report comes out, I don't know that for sure.

What I don't see anywhere is the Whitehouse walking it back.

This is an act by the ATF that deserves to be looked into and if they were abusing there power they should be prosecuted.

After some quick investigation, it would appear that the store has some serious inventory control issues.

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected. He only continues to lie to us today. Take the blinders off there was no automatic weapon used, we all know that. This is an act by the ATF that deserves to be looked into and if they were abusing there power they should be prosecuted.

That is an interesting point, and something I had not thought about.

Assuming this was a staged event, there would have to be some bureaucratic advantage gained by pulling it off. I have assumed that it was just an excuse for more gun control legislation, as demonstrated by Feinstein.

But what if it was an effort by ATF to bring that bureau into the modern times, as far as record keeping goes?

I did not realize that ATF is rather like the VA when it comes to records keeping--everything is on paper, and apparently nothing or very damn little on computers.

Could this incident generate political will to modernize ATF in that regard?

• Like 1

He hasn't always been the most accurate with his statements. And if they did sell such a weapon you can be sure someone would be in jail by now. THAT is a very big no - no. The steps required for a full auto permit are lengthy and expensive. So much so that it isn't worthwhile for many people. And add to that the price difference. An Ar-15 semi auto .223 was about 1000 dollars before this madness, but even then, a fully auto was 10 X that.

Which is why a cheap full automatic under the counter would appeal to many people.

However - I do concede that if it were the case, then you'd imagine that someone would have been formally charged at this point, to the extent that the lack of any charges pretty much destroys any possible connection between the two events.

Hence, I withdraw my earlier suggestion.

Nicely done.

• Like 3

Until the official police report comes out, I don't know that for sure.

What I don't see anywhere is the Whitehouse walking it back.

After some quick investigation, it would appear that the store has some serious inventory control issues.

According to the article, the guy, Jordan Marsh, who stole the gun, has schizophrenia, and was off his meds when he was arrested. Hmmm....

• Like 1

That is an interesting point, and something I had not thought about.

Assuming this was a staged event, there would have to be some bureaucratic advantage gained by pulling it off. I have assumed that it was just an excuse for more gun control legislation, as demonstrated by Feinstein.

But what if it was an effort by ATF to bring that bureau into the modern times, as far as record keeping goes?

I did not realize that ATF is rather like the VA when it comes to records keeping--everything is on paper, and apparently nothing or very damn little on computers.

Could this incident generate political will to modernize ATF in that regard?

Given that all of the weapons used were legally bought and registered - not really seeing how that would tie in, to be honest.

• Like 1

And if they did sell such a weapon you can be sure someone would be in jail by now.

Not to mention, if a fully automatic weapon had been used that day, it would have been known well before this speech -- like within minutes.

• Like 2