Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cease-Fire likely will not hold

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,379 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

I seriously doubt that this is a "lasting" cease-fire, though I do certainly hope.

So, I wonder who will fire the first shot, or other territorial aggravation, to start this c**p all over again. My thought is Hamas. But it could be Israel.

Any thoughts? As nearly certainly this "peace" will not hold.

#2    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hasn't Hamas already fired half a dozen rockets since the ceasefire?

http://news.sky.com/...after-ceasefire

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,379 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 22 November 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Hasn't Hamas already fired half a dozen rockets since the ceasefire?

http://news.sky.com/...after-ceasefire

Well, I read the article, and that's disturbing.

Just my thoughts, but I think an all-out war is imminent, especially with Hamas weapons supplied by the countries you indicated.
After all, where is Hamas getting the money to buy those weapons? I have'nt seen a "Made in Gaza" label on anything. Or oil.
So, in my opinion, they are being funded by outside sources as you indicated.

They just hate the guts out of each other, and the Gaza strip is quickly losing expansion territory for increasing population.

Edited by pallidin, 22 November 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

You get that in every ceasefire. I think i am wrong but when nazi germany fell, the day after there was few skirmishes

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,312 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Didn't Hamas blow up a bus since the cease fire.  I don't look for it to last long.  If one side is being attacked you can't expect them to just sit there and do nothing.  But we can hope.

#6    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,419 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

I hope it lasts.. But I don't think it will unless more pressure is placed on all parties to find a permament solution..

Also, as far as agression goes, A spark to re-ignite the conflict doesn't have to be confined between Israel and the Palestinians.

If Israel decides to go ahead and attack Iran then I think they'd be counter attacked by Iran, Hamas, Hisbolah, and maybe even factions within Syria... I think under those circumstances a ceasefire would take longer than 8 days to be reached, and the toll in lives much higher.

Edited by Professor T, 23 November 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,374 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 22 November 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

I hope it lasts.. But I don't think it will unless more pressure is placed on all parties to find a permament solution..

Also, as far as agression goes, A spark to re-ignite the conflict doesn't have to be confined between Israel and the Palestinians.

If Israel decides to go ahead and attack Iran then I think they'd be counter attacked by Iran, Hamas, Hisbolah, and maybe even factions within Syria... I think under those circumstances a ceasefire would take longer than 8 days to be reached, and the toll in lives much higer.
Psalm 83 describes a war between Israel and Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.  Including the two entities that you mention.  Israel wins.  I'm not saying that is what is just ahead.  But I do believe that it WILL happen.  
Shaalu Shalom Yerushalayim

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,419 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

View Postand then, on 23 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Psalm 83 describes a war between Israel and Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.  Including the two entities that you mention.  Israel wins.  I'm not saying that is what is just ahead.  But I do believe that it WILL happen.  

All the more reason for the rest of the world to put some pressure on all parties in that region to stop hiding behind weapons and propaganda to find a permament solution that will prevent this kind of senario..

What frustrates me is that people, nations, we all take sides in this and stand back from the conflict going "whoop! whoop!" and throw support at whoever we're supporting and throwing "Boo! Shame!" at the oposition as though what has been occuring in the region is red v's blue politics, or north v's south sports.. This behavior is thanks to propaganda from both sides trying to justify what they're doing in the eyes of the world..
It's should be no surprise that the Media got a hammering in Gaza..
It's should be no surprise that the conflict is faught just as vigoursly on the airwaves and Web.
As far as I'm concerned, aside from humanitarian support when needed, they don't deserve any support, they need pressure to find that permament solution.

#9    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

View Postand then, on 23 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Is this the same conflict as discribed in Revelations? You know, the one between the antichrist and Jesus before the end of days?

#10    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,452 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

the cease fire never holds

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#11    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 23 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Is this the same conflict as discribed in Revelations? You know, the one between the antichrist and Jesus before the end of days?

http://othersiderefl...l-prophecy.html

http://xenlogic.word...bible-prophecy/

Don' worry Jesus won't be coming back anytime soon.So called Prophecy can be manipulated to fit any event.

Personally speaking the ramblings of St. John the Divine mean absolutely nothing to me and every time there is conflict in the Middle East why assume the world is going to end.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,374 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 23 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Some people think so but the majority who follow it seem to think that Psalm 83 precedes the last great war.  In fact it sets up the conditions for that battle because Israel is supposed to be "at peace" with no walls or gates when they are attacked by a different group of nations - including Iran, Turkey and Russia, among others.  That war is about taking a spoil - so they are different conflicts.  That is described in Ezekiel 38 - 39.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,374 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 23 November 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

http://othersiderefl...l-prophecy.html

http://xenlogic.word...bible-prophecy/

Don' worry Jesus won't be coming back anytime soon.So called Prophecy can be manipulated to fit any event.

Personally speaking the ramblings of St. John the Divine mean absolutely nothing to me and every time there is conflict in the Middle East why assume the world is going to end.
I actually do respect the opinions of folks like you shaddow but I have a question.  IF you were to see a war like I described would it have any effect on your thinking?  That Psalm was recorded a couple thousand years ago and it stands a strengthening chance of being fulfilled in our lifetimes - in detail.  But I have a feeling that even if it does, people who can't or don't believe will just blow it off and explain it away.

#14    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

This ceasefire is just a temporary lull before the big bang.

With his latest Machiavellian maneuvers Netanyahu is preparing the stage for his electoral win in January and his incessant campaign for war with Iran by summer 2013. Operation Pillar biggest success could be measured by how closely Hamas embraces its Arab brethren and begins to distance itself from Iran.  

The recently accepted ceasefire brokered by Egypt’s Morsy with the support of the Arab League and Turkey has at least stopped the bloodshed for now. It certain that Israel will benefit if Egypt, Turkey and the AL nations can pull Hamas into their camp, and lure them away from Iran’s influence.  It is no secret that the major powerbrokers in the AL (the Saudis and the Gulf Kingdoms) have no love for Iran.

If the AL manages to rein in Hamas, and if Assad is overthrown in Syria the only threat remaining to Israel on its border is Lebanon’s Hezbollah. Don’t be too surprise if Lebanon very soon starts unraveling in sectarian violence once again. To anyone with common sense it would appears that all of Iran’s proxies in the area are being neutralized. If true then Netanyahu’s Operation Pillar action may be just the first stage of a future greater war.

Blocked, checked, and mate!  By way of deception, thou shall do war.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,374 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 23 November 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

This ceasefire is just a temporary lull before the big bang.

With his latest Machiavellian maneuvers Netanyahu is preparing the stage for his electoral win in January and his incessant campaign for war with Iran by summer 2013. Operation Pillar biggest success could be measured by how closely Hamas embraces its Arab brethren and begins to distance itself from Iran.  

The recently accepted ceasefire brokered by Egypt’s Morsy with the support of the Arab League and Turkey has at least stopped the bloodshed for now. It certain that Israel will benefit if Egypt, Turkey and the AL nations can pull Hamas into their camp, and lure them away from Iran’s influence.  It is no secret that the major powerbrokers in the AL (the Saudis and the Gulf Kingdoms) have no love for Iran.

If the AL manages to rein in Hamas, and if Assad is overthrown in Syria the only threat remaining to Israel on its border is Lebanon’s Hezbollah. Don’t be too surprise if Lebanon very soon starts unraveling in sectarian violence once again. To anyone with common sense it would appears that all of Iran’s proxies in the area are being neutralized. If true then Netanyahu’s Operation Pillar action may be just the first stage of a future greater war.

Blocked, checked, and mate!  By way of deception, thou shall do war.
Your scenario makes sense except for the Syrian piece.  The rebel groups can't even decide who will lead them.  If the US or some Western entity were running them for their own purposes don't you think they'd work out a detail like that?  As it is I suspect an element of the MB or maybe even Salafis will gain the upper hand if and when Assad has assumed room temperature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users