Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chateau Demolished by Mistake!

Eldorado

"Blundering builders mistakenly bulldozed an 18th-century chateau in the heart of France's picturesque wine country - when they were only supposed to knock down an outhouse on its estate.

Chateau de Bellevue, 12km to the east of Bordeaux, once boasted 140,000-square-feet of grand reception rooms, ornate fireplaces, winding marble staircases and imposing granite balconies.

Then its new owner, a Russian millionaire businessman, employed a team of Polish builders to renovate the manor to its former baroque glory, including the removal of one small building.

But the workers apparently misunderstood the instructions and pulled down the castle instead, leaving the outhouse completely untouched."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243467/Chateau-Bellevue-Bungling-builders-bulldoze-18th-century-French-chateau-mistake.html

Oops!

• Like 1

Oh my, if everyone spoke French this travesty would have never been committed.

Bravo not for foreign landlords and construction crews. Globalism has become the bane of cultural heritage apparently.

Slavic wrecking ball or controlled explosives?

This sort of thing has happened here in the US.

In one case, the demo people were supposed to demolish a house.

Well, they did, but was the house next door! Imagine the horror of the homeowner coming back from work.

• Like 1

That stinks.

Oh well. Nothing he can do about it now but rebuild.

Oh my, if everyone spoke French this travesty would have never been committed.

Bravo not for foreign landlords and construction crews. Globalism has become the bane of cultural heritage apparently.

Slavic wrecking ball or controlled explosives?

Slavs don’t use controlled explosives.

When Russian businessman bought the place, he thought he bought it. Not dropped by to throw insane amount of money on restoring the chateau for the locals and then crawl back to his Slavic lair, you know.

So, either you stop selling heritage to Slavs, either you stop acting surprised with the savagery.

If someone has come into possession of large amount of money it doesn’t mean he has automatically acquired any manners or desire to obey the laws. In fact, it’s usually the other way around.

On the other hand, it could be Polish workers screwing up the Russian investor. Which is something I can’t really condemn ^_^

(Yay, Italics! I think I broke my own record of Italics per post.)

Some body is it serious trouble. Hope they have some cash to dig up in a hurry.