Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream interpretation

noctivigant23

Hello,

So six months ago I moved from Orlando, FL to Los Angeles, CA. In Florida I was dating someone for almost 2 years but after my decision of moving we decided to just part ways. However, we are still very good friends. (Please be patient, I promise it gets good)

I just recently went through a break-up with my new boyfriend in LA and of course that has got me thinking about my ex in Florida. So today I decided to take a quick nap in the early afternoon and during my nap i dreamed about my ex in FL.

In my dream i didn't actually see my ex. I actually found myself in New York City lost, roaming the streets. In my dream i reached out to my ex, told him I was lost and invited him to join me for a meal (btw, eating out was one of the things we did the most, we both love food and have an exquisite taste for it). In my dream, he somehow got back to me through a written letter (i do not remember how i became in position of this letter, i just remember reading it), In the letter he apologized for not being able to join me because although he was in NYC he was very busy, however he suggested a place, the exact meal I should get, tells me the meal isnt too spicy (he knows i hate spicy) and then also recommends a cigar i should smoke (neither him or I smoke cigars). So the weird thing about the dream (we still havent gotten to the REALLY good part so be more patient please!!) is that about a year ago I had a dream about him being at this exact same place and eating the exact same meal he recommended to me.

I thought it was weird and cool that I had a dream where I re-visit a location i had dreamed about over a year ago. But NOW, because i think this is cool I text him and tell him about this and about the connection of him, the locations and the meals between my two dreams. THEN he proceeds to tell me that he is at the same exact moment boarding a flight to go to NYC!!!! which he use to visit often but has not in over 6 months. In fact, last time I saw him he actually told me he wouldn't be visiting it anytime soon. So it's not like i expected him to be there at all!

I found this very compelling. I texted him right after i woke up from the dream. Meaning he was at the airport, boarding to NYC while I was dreaming about him being there.

I often have very vivid, lucid dreams. I dream about the most random scenarios and about people i have not seen or spoken to in years and even decades. My dreams have before connected to future experiences lived and I am able to wake up in the middle of a dream, go back to bed and pick up from the same exact spot where I left. My record is 5 times. I have gotten up 5 times during the night, gotten up to go the bathroom, get water and have been able to fall asleep and continue my dream exactly where I left off EACH time. I also have lots of "De Javu" moments and sometimes cant remember if some things actually happened or if they were just dreams. That's how vivid my dreams are. I also can often wake up, look at my surroundings and go back to sleep and have a continuation dream of my surrounding. That actually happens often, which is why sometimes i wake up and dont know if what i remember happening in that situation is actually a dream or reality.

This is why I am so compelled to hear of any similar stories or about what this may mean. I would love to explore this even further and see if i can control the dreams and be able to get accurate interpretation of them on my own. So if you know anything about this matter, please reply!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FFDriver

• noctivigant23

Top Posters In This Topic

Noctiv... My theory is that dreams are the conscious memory rationalizing where we astral traveled and what we did while traveling. Virtually all people astral travel in their sleep but only a tiny fraction have lucid, accurate recall of those dreams. Most likely you astral travel and visit your ex, hence the awareness of the New York trip when you should have had no prior knowledge of it, as well as specific recall of details.

I, too, experience the same types of things in my dreams that you describe, as well as visiting with spirits of deceased loved ones. Some of them I have total recall of to the finest detail, decades afterward. And, some of those dreams have ultimately been precursors of actual events that have happened to me.

I would recommend, upon waking in the morning, keeping a pad and pencil handy and while the dream is still fresh in your mind write down as much detail as you can recall. If you do this each and every time it will train your mind to remember. Astral travel is a real-time trip into the nether world where we come into contact with spirits. The recollection of astral traveling comes out as the dream, and as I said above it is the conscious minds rationalization of something interpreted by the conscious as being irrational. As you continue keeping a record of your 'dreams' you are, in-effect training the conscious that what it experienced IS REAL, and your dreams will take on a whole new meaning.

Get some books on astral traveling. It takes a long time to develop the ability I've just described, but the rewards will be astonishing. Good luck....