Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

Anit-Government Parents Have Children Taken


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:40 PM





Here is the Daily Mail article:


Quote

Officials believe 'anti-government parents who kidnapped their toddler sons' switched to a SAILBOAT and are heading to Gulf of Mexico after their truck was found near Florida marina  
  • Joshua Hakken recently bought 25-foot 1972 Morgan sailboat with a blue hull and the word 'Salty' on it
  • 2006 GMC pickup truck was found in Madeira Beach
  • The vessel bears Florida Boat Registration #FL3717BK
  • Court documents show Mr Hakken, 35, planned to kill himself and talked about taking 'a journey to Armageddon'
  • Hakken entered his mother-in-law's house at 6.30am on Tuesday in Tampa, Florida and restrained her with zip ties
  • Hakken and his wife, Sharyn, are both engineers and the husband served in the Air Force
  • He was arrested last June on drug charges after attending an anti-government rally
  • Sons' maternal grandmother has been granted permanent custody of the boys



Deputies on the hunt for a Florida couple accused of kidnapping their two young sons now believe that the family may be on board a sailboat after their pickup truck was discovered abandoned in Madeira Beach.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said Friday that 35-year-old Joshua Michael Hakken recently bought a 25-foot 1972 Morgan sailboat with a blue hull with the word 'Salty' painted on it and white paw prints on both sides. The boat's whereabouts are unknown.
The vessel bears Florida Boat Registration #FL3717BK, HUL #M252099. There may be a yellow horseshoe life preserver on deck.

For more read: http://www.dailymail...ida-garage.html



Quote

The sheriff's office told CNN that the Hakkens' troubles started last June when the husband was arrested on multiple drug charges while attending an anti-government rally in Louisiana.
Detective Daniel Seuzeneau, with the Slidell Police Department, told WGNOthat Joshua Hakken had first appeared on their radar in June 17, 2012, after causing disturbance inside a hotel that was the site of an anti-government rally.
Police described Mr and Mrs Hakken as being intoxicated and making incoherent statements completing their ultimate journey' and riving to California to 'beat the Armageddon.'
Joshua Hakken talked about a series of fantasy books that had changed his life, called The Sword of Truth. He said he was heading to the 'Valley of Rahaan.' The Hakkens' two small children were present.
In the hotel room police found marijuana, a gun and a large knife. Mr Hakken was arrested on multiple drug charges and jailed for about a week.
Meanwhile, police fearing or the safety of Chase and Cole contacted the Department of Children and Family Services, which took the Hakkens' children into custody.
Sheriff's Cpl. Kevin Bodie told Tampa Bay Times that Hakken is a mechanical engineer who owns a business in South Tampa. His wife has been certified as a civil engineer.
According to her Facebook page, Sharyn Hakken got her Bachelor's degree from University of South Florida in geotechnical engineering in 2001 before obtaining a Master's degree in civil engineering from USF in 2008.

I really don't understand this at all. The government HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN' RIGHT TO TAKE ANYONES KIDS AWAY!! They weren't being hit or abused!


#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,118 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

As George Washington observed all those years ago, government is like fire--a useful servant but a fearful master.


#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Oh, dadgum...I meant to put "Anti-Government" not "Anit=Government"....my oops. This article and video just made me kinda mad.


#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

    Queen of the UM Asylum

  • Member
  • 4,867 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

And the Daily Mail is such a trusted source of information. :rolleyes:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 07 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

And the Daily Mail is such a trusted source of information. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know...


#6    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,954 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Drug runners? but why have they attempted to kidnap there kids?


#7    Gromdor

Gromdor

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2011

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

The kids were in the custody of the grandparents and the father came with a gun, tied her up with the zip ties and took the kids.  I can understand the wanting to take your kids back aspect, though.

I can sympathize with people who lose their kids on false grounds, but I've also met anti-government activists who's claims bordered on schizophrenia.  (My soveriegn state co-worker believes the NWO/illuminati is globalizing the world and is controlled by reptillian shapeshifters who want to eventually use us as livestock.  He also said we were clones of slaves originally seeded here to mine gold.)  Say something like that to a state psychologist and mix that with guns and drugs and the above article is entirely plausible to me.


#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,954 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

At the end of the day you should not do drugs when you have kids to look after


#9    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostGromdor, on 07 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

The kids were in the custody of the grandparents and the father came with a gun, tied her up with the zip ties and took the kids.  I can understand the wanting to take your kids back aspect, though.

I can sympathize with people who lose their kids on false grounds, but I've also met anti-government activists who's claims bordered on schizophrenia.  (My soveriegn state co-worker believes the NWO/illuminati is globalizing the world and is controlled by reptillian shapeshifters who want to eventually use us as livestock.  He also said we were clones of slaves originally seeded here to mine gold.)  Say something like that to a state psychologist and mix that with guns and drugs and the above article is entirely plausible to me.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 07 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

At the end of the day you should not do drugs when you have kids to look after

Since when is pot a drug?? Explain please. The pharmaceuticals that are NOT against the law, are handed out like candy by doctors, and they are ten times more dangerous and addictive than pot will ever be. Just because people have a different view or opinions then the mainstream view, doesn't mean they are dangerous to their children. Jesus, you get you kids taken away for having a different opinion?? I guess if have any anti-government views you ought to keep it to yourself, otherwise you might have your children taken away....


#10    Gromdor

Gromdor

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2011

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Pot has always been a drug and an illegal one at that for at least 100 years.  And of course you should keep your views to yourself when dealing with the people you are biased against.  If you are a KKK member, you wouldn't go to a Black Panther Rally and voice your opinions or vice versa would you?  Or would you go to Saudi Arabia and go to the Mutawa (religious police) and tell them that Islam sucks?  Personally, I don't think they got their children taken away because of their views.  I think they got their children taken away because they were stupid about the way they handled their views.  Take my co-worker for example.  He holds similiar if not more extreme views as this family, but the government never took his children, his guns, or arrested him.  Why?  Because he was smart enough not to shout his views at them while drunk, in possession of drugs, and firearms.


#11    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,954 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostKowalski, on 07 April 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Since when is pot a drug?? Explain please. The pharmaceuticals that are NOT against the law, are handed out like candy by doctors, and they are ten times more dangerous and addictive than pot will ever be. Just because people have a different view or opinions then the mainstream view, doesn't mean they are dangerous to their children. Jesus, you get you kids taken away for having a different opinion?? I guess if have any anti-government views you ought to keep it to yourself, otherwise you might have your children taken away....
Does not matter whether its a good drug or bad, cheap or expensive, safe or dangerous. Yes blame goes to the person who sells it, but the bottom line is you do not abuse or keep having banned substances of any kind of children or even not banned ones. The same as alcohol, its a drug you get addicts. I have seen the photos of the parents and they do look like drug abusers you can tell by the face. The same in the UK, there is no point of having kids if you re doing drugs, its bad for them and bad for everyone else. Why are they fleeing? because they are cowards and in my view they are not parents.


#12    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

    Integrity is all we have

  • Member
  • 2,583 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:White Cloud

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostGromdor, on 07 April 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Pot has always been a drug and an illegal one at that for at least 100 years.  And of course you should keep your views to yourself when dealing with the people you are biased against.  If you are a KKK member, you wouldn't go to a Black Panther Rally and voice your opinions or vice versa would you?  Or would you go to Saudi Arabia and go to the Mutawa (religious police) and tell them that Islam sucks?  Personally, I don't think they got their children taken away because of their views.  I think they got their children taken away because they were stupid about the way they handled their views.  Take my co-worker for example.  He holds similiar if not more extreme views as this family, but the government never took his children, his guns, or arrested him.  Why?  Because he was smart enough not to shout his views at them while drunk, in possession of drugs, and firearms.

You should not be afriad to speak your mind for fear of disproportionate response from authorities. That is a block on freedom of expression/freedom of speach. It's people like you that make taking my rights much easier.

Free from search and siezure? TSA.

Right to a fair trial? Patriot Act


#13    Gromdor

Gromdor

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2011

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 07 April 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

You should not be afriad to speak your mind for fear of disproportionate response from authorities. That is a block on freedom of expression/freedom of speach. It's people like you that make taking my rights much easier.

Free from search and siezure? TSA.

Right to a fair trial? Patriot Act
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence.  I never said they didn't have the right to their feelings, but to express it in a way that leaves themselves open to retaliation is stupid.  You have to remember that when dealing with authorities, you are still dealing with humans with all their flaws.


#14    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostGromdor, on 07 April 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequence.  I never said they didn't have the right to their feelings, but to express it in a way that leaves themselves open to retaliation is stupid.  You have to remember that when dealing with authorities, you are still dealing with humans with all their flaws.

I can see what you are saying, and yes, sometimes the best thing you can do is keep your mouth  shut. But, these people didn't deserve to have their children taken from them.  And, yes, people can have their children  taken from them for all different kinds of BS reasons. It happens every day.  Many families spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in court costs to get their kids back, and it is a long legal battle. I really hate these types of stories. No one should have the power to take someones children from them.


#15    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,800 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Just to point out: pot is an illegal drug, regardless of anyone's thoughts on how good or bad it is. If people were allowed to break any law they disagree with, then we would be living in chaos, not society.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users