Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#256    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 10 June 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Waaaahhh, another 9 months before Season 4.  I really enjoyed this episode, though as far as cliffhangers go I think this is the weakest ending scene in the three season so far. I mean, season 1 we saw the birth of the dragons, in season 2 we saw the White Walkers leading hoards of zombies, this season felt just a little less epic considering that.  But in saying that the episode itself was really engaging.  An overall fantastic way for the season to end.

Spoiler
I can't believe we need to wait so long for Season 4 :(

Your spoiler made me gleeful ,but I wanted to see someone ......pay ...before next season .
I wanted ___ ____ to die in great numbers !!

Argh !

Miss me?

#257    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

I was hoping that they'd show Joffrey's wedding in the finale.

Edited by Wordless Wanderer, 11 June 2013 - 04:40 AM.

Posted Image

#258    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,386 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 11 June 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

Your spoiler made me gleeful ,but I wanted to see someone ......pay ...before next season .
I wanted ___ ____ to die in great numbers !!

Argh !

All I can say is that the story, so far, has been a prelude to the main story that is coming.  No one has a clue as to how this will all end but this thing goes through changes as winter closes in and the world gets more supernatural.  This last episode was perfect because the Red Wedding is so heinous and disturbing that they needed to bring things back to "normality" and set the stage for next season.

I think  the directing, storytelling and acting is even better this season than it was before and that is saying something.  They are learning how to handle this massive story and navigating the narrows of the book people and the show people better than I have ever seen done.  Every blog and fan site is pretty much on board with the "No Spoliers" rule. It really is something to behold and very well illustrated here.  The internet has grown up and we police ourselves.

FWIW,  Peter Dinklage deserves another Emmy.  He is far and away the best actor on television.  He makes the show what it is because Tyrion is such a bizarre character and yet supremely important to the story line.  I didn't  think a man existed that could bring that character to life but I was proved wrong.  He has made that character real and even better than the book.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#259    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

I'm thinking Peter Dinklage has overtaken Warwick Davis as the "go-to Dwarf" when thinking about movies or shows.  For so long, pretty much since Star Wars in the mid-80's, Warwick Davis has been THE man when it comes to short men on screen.  Then a few years back, the newest remake of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe had both Warwick Davis and Peter Dinklage as two competing dwarves (Davis was the "bad" dwarf).  With the rise of Game of Thrones, Peter Dinklage is taking it to a whole new level, and I agree he is one of the greatest actors currently on tv (I won't say THE greatest, but he's damn good, and definitely deserves an Emmy - though Michelle Fairley should earn some kind of gong for what she did at the Red Wedding - that was just perfect.

I'm kind of sad we didn't see Joffrey's wedding this episode too, but unless they made it a movie-length double episode I doubt they would have done it justice.  All things considered, Joffrey will probably have a major role to play in Season 4 (well, larger than he did in season 3, all in all I don't think we got to see that much of him this year).

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#260    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostMerc14, on 11 June 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

All I can say is that the story, so far, has been a prelude to the main story that is coming.  No one has a clue as to how this will all end but this thing goes through changes as winter closes in and the world gets more supernatural.  This last episode was perfect because the Red Wedding is so heinous and disturbing that they needed to bring things back to "normality" and set the stage for next season.

I think  the directing, storytelling and acting is even better this season than it was before and that is saying something.  They are learning how to handle this massive story and navigating the narrows of the book people and the show people better than I have ever seen done.  Every blog and fan site is pretty much on board with the "No Spoliers" rule. It really is something to behold and very well illustrated here.  The internet has grown up and we police ourselves.

FWIW,  Peter Dinklage deserves another Emmy.  He is far and away the best actor on television.  He makes the show what it is because Tyrion is such a bizarre character and yet supremely important to the story line.  I didn't  think a man existed that could bring that character to life but I was proved wrong.  He has made that character real and even better than the book.

I said this about Dinklage last season too.
The people reading the books that have your perspective .
So,I went and read the plot to date,in the books .
Aryas future is now my focal point . Danys is worrisome .

And yes WW ,I had hoped to see Joffreys wedding in the last episode .

Miss me?

#261    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 11 June 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

I'm thinking Peter Dinklage has overtaken Warwick Davis as the "go-to Dwarf" when thinking about movies or shows.  For so long, pretty much since Star Wars in the mid-80's, Warwick Davis has been THE man when it comes to short men on screen.  Then a few years back, the newest remake of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe had both Warwick Davis and Peter Dinklage as two competing dwarves (Davis was the "bad" dwarf).  With the rise of Game of Thrones, Peter Dinklage is taking it to a whole new level, and I agree he is one of the greatest actors currently on tv (I won't say THE greatest, but he's damn good, and definitely deserves an Emmy - though Michelle Fairley should earn some kind of gong for what she did at the Red Wedding - that was just perfect.

I'm kind of sad we didn't see Joffrey's wedding this episode too, but unless they made it a movie-length double episode I doubt they would have done it justice.  All things considered, Joffrey will probably have a major role to play in Season 4 (well, larger than he did in season 3, all in all I don't think we got to see that much of him this year).

Well,it could be that Hollywood has matured since Warwick was at his height in fame ,but Dinklage has done tons of "credible" work .
He was a recurring character on 30 Rock .He's done quite a few acclaimed Indies movies ,and he's never seen as a fantasy character .
Like a dwarf or elf. I think he went into the business saying,I will NEVER do a role like any that Warwick Davis did .No fantasy creatures .
He wanted to be known for his acting,not his oddity appeal .
He stuck with that ,and its quite obviously paid off .

I will still always love warwick in Willow though .

Miss me?

#262    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,883 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Not sure about Warwick but I think Dinklage is more than comparable to his full-sized counterparts.  :)

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#263    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostYamato, on 11 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Not sure about Warwick but I think Dinklage is more than comparable to his full-sized counterparts.  :)

Warwick was type cast from the outset ,which Peter strove to avoid .

The roles they play,are very different .
Warwick
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001116/

http://en.wikipedia....i/Warwick_Davis

He's also never won an award acknowledging anything he's ever done.
I wonder ,given he's actually English ,if he tried out for the part of Tyrion ,and didn't get it .

All in all ,Warwicks work paved the way for other actors of his stature ,and he's never been given a deserved pat on the back .

Peter
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/

http://en.wikipedia..../Peter_Dinklage

He's been nominated for a lot .

Miss me?

#264    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Ahh,glad I missed this ,but it has some interesting info .
Davis was their first choice for Tyrion .

http://au.ibtimes.co...-season-3-4.htm

Miss me?

#265    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 11 June 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Well,it could be that Hollywood has matured since Warwick was at his height in fame ,but Dinklage has done tons of "credible" work .
He was a recurring character on 30 Rock .He's done quite a few acclaimed Indies movies ,and he's never seen as a fantasy character .
Like a dwarf or elf. I think he went into the business saying,I will NEVER do a role like any that Warwick Davis did .No fantasy creatures .
He wanted to be known for his acting,not his oddity appeal .
He stuck with that ,and its quite obviously paid off .

I will still always love warwick in Willow though .
Possibly, though he did play a dwarf directly opposite Davis in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (actually now that I think on it, I think it may have been Prince Caspian, the sequel).  Either way, playing a fantasy dwarf alongside his competitor's fantasy dwarf doesn't do much for the claims he may have made about "credible work" - he did work alongside Davis in Prince Caspian.  But you may be right.  Tyrion Lannister is setting himself up as more than just a dwarf.  I personally am not sure whether having a "go to" anything is necessarily prejudicial.  For example, Reggie Lee is the go-to Asian dude in most modern movies and shows (eg, he plays at least two characters in Pirates of the Caribbean).  I'm just saying what I thought I saw :)

P.S - I am also a big Willow fan.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 11 June 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#266    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Game of Thrones: see the Northern Ireland locations where it all happened

The Game of Thrones season finale may mean life feels a little empty but you can cheer yourself up with a trip to Northern Ireland and the dramatic locations where the series was filmed – plus those in Iceland, Croatia and Morocco.........
Web page to read and see more - http://www.guardian....game-of-thrones

My hubby tried to tell me they were filming the show in our own neck of the woods, I brushed it off thinking  "Yea SURE ".. But turns out he was right... I guess they may draw in more tourists..*shrugs*
I have been to the location a number of times before....I have yet to watch the show..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 June 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#267    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 11 June 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Possibly, though he did play a dwarf directly opposite Davis in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (actually now that I think on it, I think it may have been Prince Caspian, the sequel).  Either way, playing a fantasy dwarf alongside his competitor's fantasy dwarf doesn't do much for the claims he may have made about "credible work" - he did work alongside Davis in Prince Caspian.  But you may be right.  Tyrion Lannister is setting himself up as more than just a dwarf.  I personally am not sure whether having a "go to" anything is necessarily prejudicial.  For example, Reggie Lee is the go-to Asian dude in most modern movies and shows (eg, he plays at least two characters in Pirates of the Caribbean).  I'm just saying what I thought I saw :)

P.S - I am also a big Willow fan.

If you look at his IMDb ,it says he was in it,but it was way into his career already ,and looks like his one of maybe two fantasy roles .
He plays a human 99% of the time,as per his IMDb .
Warwick plays a fantasy character 99% of the time .

Miss me?

#268    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

I am going to need something else to watch now, until The Walking Dead & Game Of Thrones is back.. I might just do the re-runs and sit through them all again.

Posted Image

#269    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,386 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Boardwalk Empire in September!

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#270    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

True Blood and Dexter ,later this month .

Miss me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users