Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

what would the second coming look like to you

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,791 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 17 September 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

It aint going to happen in the fashion most the world anticipates imo.
I agree completely with this - but for an unusual reason.  I think we will be so deluged with chaos that we won't be able to "see the forest for the trees".  IOW's we simply won't recognize the events to be what they are as they are unfolding.  The Bible even mentions that God Himself will send "strong delusion on them so they will believe a lie" on those who have chosen not to believe the evidence they have been given.  There is a lot of debate about what that "strong delusion" will be.  I can't think of anything more apt today than a "first contact" scenario.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#17    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

ok..... so ... IMO .....

all the prophesies of doom and gloom are what we make of them.....
if you look at what the bible is saying for the most part.... i mean really read it for yourself...
and you look at whatever denomination of faith you are of (even atheists have a faith in science) ...

they all point to something that we as a people may or may not manifest.....

lets take a look at the science aspect of it... from the school of quantum physics.....

everything is nothing more then energy, with an infinite amount of possibilities and probabilities....
it is not till we, the observer looks at it, and an agreement is made that whatever it is, takes on a form that you are comfortable perceiving it with...
therefore it is ourselves that give it the solid form that we cannot change (or so we may think, depending on school of thought)

but the table in front of you has agreed to look like what we expect a table to look like....
in its fundamental form it is just energy....
the thought that we have of how it should look? ... is how it will look....

simple concept that is kind of messed up......
at least it just messes with the head....

there are aspects that we all can agree on... but its in the subtle differences that the table does not appear to be the same to any 2 people...
this concept cannot be defined or quantified.... its a personal experience.......

but it brings up the concept of "what we think is what me make, in the world, and in ourselves" ....

our thoughts give this energy form and function....
our thoughts are what create all things around us....

everything started as an idea....
absolutely everything.....
it is from the energy of the universe, and the work and desire of the individual to manifest it into the "common reality" ....

music is a wonderful form of this cooperation between peoples....
someone has an idea... others add to it... and it grows and morphs into something better then the original idea...
such is the nature of playing in bands....

but..... in the same manner....

an architect has an idea....
he draws it on paper.....
then puts in a lot of work with the math and science of it...
shows it to someone else that can get people together to build it...
in the process of design and construction... it morphs from what was originally there...
it gets improved and changed to meet the vision of everyone involved...
from the person who first put pencil to paper....
to the people that put up the drywall....
everybody has a vision of their part.....
this is what creates the whole.....

same thing as with a band and a song....

the prophesies of doom and gloom manifest in the same manner....
as well as everything else in the common reality....

but what about the animals and trees? (says the little girl in the back)

we agree that they are here, and they serve a function....
but they are not inanimate objects now are they.....
they live and breath, and take part in the creation of the "common reality" ......
but not the doom and gloom..... hmmm..... kinda funny that....

within natural disasters... the seeds of life are spread....
we fear them because they threaten to tear down what we have built....
buildings.... bridges... ect ect......
but the life cycle continues.... and new life emerges after the disaster has passed....
some species depend on destruction to create the next generation....

oh but i am getting off topic here....

(bob in the back yells... yeah man... where are you going with this)

so we all create our own realities....
we all create our own griefs...
we all create our own joys....

some people realise it....
some people don’t....

the world and your view of it is just right .... for you .....
your the creator of it? ....
so.... are you not a magical being in and of yourself?
and in this manner....
do you not contribute to the prophesies of doom and gloom if you so chose to?

this is still from the school of quantum physics here....

what we think we manifest....

i think that the person who is the bringer of peace.... will be able to show people how they manifest these things....
and show them that the doom and gloom is not a probability .....
but a possibility....

after all... in this day and age of communication, and space being less relevant to where and how people communicate...
have we not started becoming more of a global community?
making friends around the world?

this offers us a window into the lives of other cultures...
and in this manner ... the means of creating unrealistic fears and making monsters of other cultures is fading...
people are just not buying that toy any more....
there are those that do....
but soon enough..... they too will see the world as one family...

i believe that with the communication we have been sharing... that peace is inevitable....

and it will take just 1 person to point it out....

#18    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

by the way... i love how the concept of the next coming would be marketed....

would that be funny or what....
sad and funny at the same time....

but it is a funny thought....

i love humour.....

laughter helps to heal the body and spirit...

#19    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

View Postand then, on 18 September 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I agree completely with this - but for an unusual reason.  I think we will be so deluged with chaos that we won't be able to "see the forest for the trees".  IOW's we simply won't recognize the events to be what they are as they are unfolding.  The Bible even mentions that God Himself will send "strong delusion on them so they will believe a lie" on those who have chosen not to believe the evidence they have been given.  There is a lot of debate about what that "strong delusion" will be.  I can't think of anything more apt today than a "first contact" scenario.

this gets into a whole other conversation all together.... as in the first contact scenario.....

but you do raise an interesting point...

"The Bible even mentions that God Himself will send "strong delusion on them so they will believe a lie"

in the historical sense.... there are the things that have continually lied to the masses...
governing bodies that have nothing but the self interest of the organisation, unto itself....

the propaganda machine we are all so familiar with these days was moulded and perfected by another organisation in history...
and unfortunately the history of what and who is very hard to dig up....

links on a lot of topics have gone away from the internet in the past few years...

as the mass media propagates a message, and the consciousness starts to buzz like a hive mind...
and the people who have a different opinion and view are being shunned for what they say.....
to dig up the truth and present it to the masses is getting harder to do....

there are a lot of things i could post...
but, depending on where you are in the world... you may not see them...
inactive links ....
but that is a part of what you are saying about the delusion being imposed....

but that gets back to what we think is where we live....

the mass media is blasting lies and corporate crap continuously....
so to sift through all the BS to find a grain of truth is increasingly more difficult...

so those that speak truth ... regardless of how it rings with people....
are left with the manner of spreading knowledge to the masses one at a time...

back to the shampoo commercial from way back....
i told 2 friends... and they told 2 friends and so on and so on....

this is how the mass consciousness has been changing over the past 30 years from what i have seen...

which puts the ball back in the court of the individual...

and now there are laws in place in the US, that any government agency can take what you say and spin it to mean something of a terrorist nature, and detain you without charges and without reasoning for any amount of time.....

i wonder why?

what do they fear?

why would they want to stop people having an opinion?

was it not written into the constitution that everybody has the freedom of speech?

and now this is taken away.....

so now... and the media around the world is influenced by the same people and well.... here we go.... conspiracy crap again.....
banks? .......

but that’s another topic as well.....

but it gets back to the delusion.....
how can you tell what is real when all you hear is lies?

i shant cite the recent events of the past 10 years that point to this point in time....

but i will say this.....

what if the second coming is here already?

would anybody know?

and if the second coming is here?

then where does that put us as a people?

this raises yet another question.....

if the second coming is here?
then how would that person get a message out to the masses?

most peoples minds are to cluttered with crap thoughts to discern anything of any kind of intuition....
distracted by thoughts of being entertained.....

a generation of kids that have the thoughts of ....
"give me my playstation and **** off" (sorry about the language, but it illustrates my point)

looking for the next thing that makes them feel like they are a part of something larger.....

is it any wonder that we have become disconnected from earth, and spirit?

a whole generation of kids learning to play video games of destruction and violence....
interested in nothing more then being entertained....

not all kids fit into this group..... but a lot do....

and the thought of "these are the future leaders of the world" ....
does this scare you?

even if all the doom and gloom prophesy stuff from any group is all hogwash.....
we have raised a generation with a really bad mind frame.....

selfish vs selfless......

and the challenge for the one person is to cut through all that crap.....

hmmm.........

so me thinks that anything anyone could have imagined this person to be?

may be as far from the truth as you can get.....

#20    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

i am kind of surprised i haven’t been pounced on by the usual folks that trash things just for the sake of it.....

#21    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

View Postthe eternal me, on 19 September 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

selfish vs selfless......

The only pathway to the divine, imo. But the road to perdition is spacious.

Edited by Habitat, 19 September 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#22    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,474 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

I'd quite like to see an omnipotent being, for real, turning up at the United nations and asking, rather loudly and with rolls of thunder, "There is enough for everyone on this planet, so why are some starving?"

I'd be keen to hear the responses and would delight at the sight as one by one they blame each other and are turned to pill'ocks of salt.  Live on every TV and computer screen everywhere... no matter if you channel hop.  It would win Emmys, imo.

#23    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,209 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

All metaphors for larger global ocurances. The wisdom for permemany peace and prosperity is already starting to emerge... It's just going to be a battle to get the world to change. It's a battle that has to be fought on the individual level. Make no mistake it will be epic.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#24    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,731 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I think the end of life on Earth or at least humans will come like this:  Amateur astronomer in the backyard, "Wow look at that I think it's a comet..." Professional confirms...."Oh my..."

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#25    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 16 September 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Whoever this person is he/she will probably end up in the looney bin , as there have been many before him/her all professing to be the One, and they all do "time" in a padded cell.If some one came out and said that they were the Lord they would be "classified".They could already be here,Locked up.

If Krishna, the Buddha, the Messiah, Christ, the Mahdi all returned (or as one person), you'd expect they know they won't be believed. If what has been written about these individuals is true, they might want to show us again what they are truely capable of.

If I told you I am Christ, you'd think I am just another religious nut craving for attention, followers and praise. That's what I would think, anyway.

But then I tell you, "Mack, you know XYZ is in hospital, dying from cancer, and hasn't much longer to live, right?" You'll say, "Yes of course I know. Why?"

"You should pay him a visit,... soon..."

Then you will feel alarmed (I would), and rush to the  hospital..... only to find out your friend - who was near death - is running towards you, yelling, "You won't believe what just happened !!"

Your eyes pop out, you look to your friend who appears to be radiating from health and vigor, and ask him, "What the...what happened??"

And your friend describes to you that some person came to his bed, touched him, and told him, "You can stand up now. You are no longer sick and dying." Doctors had then checked your friend in any possible way, and confirmed your friend had miraculously healed, which, in his stage, was absolutely impossible.

Then you ask him to describe that person who had healed him, and he describes me...

But alas, things like that are always missing from the story of people claiming to be some reincarnated X-man. And I think for anyone to believe their claims, a miracle here and there ( a real one, not slight-of-hand, not a trick, no newage fuzzy talk) would help a lot.

Edited by Abramelin, 19 September 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#26    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 September 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

If Krishna, the Buddha, the Messiah, Christ, the Mahdi all returned (or as one person), you'd expect they know they won't be believed. If what has been written about these individuals is true, they might want to show us again what they are truely capable of.

If I told you I am Christ, you'd think I am just another religious nut craving for attention, followers and praise. That's what I would think, anyway.

But then I tell you, "Mack, you know XYZ is in hospital, dying from cancer, and hasn't much longer to live, right?" You'll say, "Yes of course I know. Why?"

"You should pay him a visit,... soon..."

Then you will feel alarmed (I would), and rush to the  hospital..... only to find out your friend - who was near death - is running towards you, yelling, "You won't believe what just happened !!"

Your eyes pop out, you look to your friend who appears to be radiating from health and vigor, and ask him, "What the...what happened??"

And your friend describes to you that some person came to his bed, touched him, and told him, "You can stand up now. You are no longer sick and dying." Doctors had then checked your friend in any possible way, and confirmed your friend had miraculously healed, which, in his stage, was absolutely impossible.

Then you ask him to describe that person who had healed him, and he describes me...

But alas, things like that are always missing from the story of people claiming to be some reincarnated X-man. And I think for anyone to believe their claims, a miracle here and there ( a real one, not slight-of-hand, not a trick, no newage fuzzy talk) would help a lot.

nailed it on the head in so many ways......

but this brings up another topic going back to the whole quantum physics aspect of things....

would the miracle really have been done by the one?
or would the person before this person do it themselves?

how to explain what i mean.....

we being the creators of our own experience....
on some level a person is sick because they hold that thought to be true....
so ..... someone standing before them saying you can walk......
is it the person saying it? or the person hearing it that makes it happen?

we live in a world and a paradigm where we have learned and are constantly having messages that we are powerless are coming at us....
not only from media.... but from social pressures as well....

in the case of cancer... there is a set of circumstances that are in place for that particular disease to happen...
most people view that the whole thing is about being exposed to something they fear will give them cancer....
but that is the key..... they fear it....
when you fear something... you give over your power and self control to it...
and then the thought, and fear resonate with the physical being in a manner that allows the formation and proliferation of mutant cells...
and thus cancer is born....

not all the time... (children getting cancer is the argument on this one)
but i have heard more stories of children healing themselves from such illnesses on their own.... over adults...
adults go to the doctor...
hear they have cancer...
and at that point they make up their minds what the outcome will be....

i have lost a few friends to cancer.... and i saw with each of them.... the fear took them over...
the decision was made... and that was that....
a long slow decline of how they thought it would take them....
or a "i give up" and they left right away....

its the fear that takes your power....
of anything....

what stands in the way of fulfilling your dreams?

fear..... plain and simple.....

regardless of how you think of it... or reason it...
you don’t do the things you would like to do...
accomplish the amazing dreams we have due to fear...

something i have seen over and over....
if you can see yourself doing it....
then its already done...
you just have to go through the motions...

so someone laying in a bed terminally ill.....
has a person standing before them...
and they have an absolute faith in this person to heal them... (faith being described as an absolute belief)
did the "one" heal them?...
or was it the letting go of the fear and all other things associated with what they believe about the illness being finally cast aside?
allowing the person to manifest the dreams of being healthy again?

i am reminded of a story from the bible....
the man whose servant was to sick to go see Jesus...
when he asked if Jesus could help him become well...
and he didn’t have the time to go see the ill man....
was it the faith of the master that helped?
or Jesus? ....

when he said that he believed that Jesus didn’t need to be there for this to happen....
Jesus replied.....
if that is your faith? ..... then it shall be done.....

so.....

who healed the servant?
Jesus?
the master?
or the servant?

the master talked with the servant before leaving to see Jesus...
and the thought of "i will be healed" was in both their minds....

so the formality of actually talking to Jesus was all the confirmation that was needed to let the "miracle" happen....

but who actually manifested it?

i don’t think its the "one" who holds the power of miracles....
i think it is the people who believe to the core of their beings that this person can do these things....
and the manner in which they allow themselves to manifest it, is but a formality....

and of course people will see it as they chose to...
we still have free will .......

so the battle of the one is not on a grand scale....
its on a personal 1 on 1 scale....

didn’t the disciples do miracles as well?

the belief that these people were taught by a great master, was the belief people had to allow these things to happen...

that somehow they were connected to something greater, and that greater thing was what made things happen...

when IMO ..... i think it was the miracles they did themselves.....
and gave the credit for that away......

but that only grew the potential of what people believed he was capable of...
all the while ... increasing the potential for what they could do themselves....

i don’t think anything would be different for the next one....

its just a matter of how the story gets told....

#27    the eternal me

the eternal me

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

if you believe the potential for creating miracles is outside yourself?....

then seek that for what you believe has the answers....

in your journey you will find the answers....

#28    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

well, i could hope that the power of love would destroy the love of power. we dont need a messiah for that. just an awakening.

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#29    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

I like Eldorado's Idea. but being as he spoke first i would have to go for halle berry as my next choice.

sitting on a dock with a good book in one hand and a coke in the other, a fishing pole in the water next to me on one side and a basset hound asleep next to me on the other side and whomever is doing the breakfast tells me " we can stay here forever if you like. we might even catch something once in a while" as giant intergalactic IFOs have light shows and perform spectacular feats of
Synchronized flying in the afternoon skys ( i'm so tired of cooking for myself) that is my idea of a second coming. But i won't see it.

#30    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Peace, love and understanding.,. And lots and Lots of Skittles! <3