Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bee Keeper Survives 300,000 Stings

UM-Bot

A man trapped in his wrecked truck survived an attack by up to 300,000 bees searching for their hives after the truck crashed near Auckland. Chris Robinson had developed partial immunity to bee stings since he began beekeeping in 1982.

"The rescuers would have been under more threat than Chris," his wife Laine said yesterday."He was covered in stings all over his body and neck. "Most people would have died from that much venom.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: News.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• UM-Bot

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

Top Posters In This Topic

Even being immune, I don't see how he survived an

attack like that! I wonder how well he took care of them,

since it almost sounds like a revenge attack! sad.gif

One thing's for sure - it must have really hurt! sad.gif

Mrs Robinson had to spend 30 minutes removing the stings from her husband's body.

wacko.gif

Hmmm , Ouch .

My Husband once ( who's sometimes not to bright but he looks good and goes with everything I own wub.gif ) decided to throw rocks at a wasp hive and well I guess the moral of the story is that most people end up in hospital after an attack like that .

Mind you most people learn never to do that sort of thing again . Yet ya still catch him poking at the odd hive , just for fun (damn red neck rolleyes.gif )

Mind you I had never heard of an ammunity to bee stings as I thought that after an attack like the one in the story you became more susceptible to bad reactions from bee stings later. huh.gif sort of like a build up of toxins.