Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A giant school of fish,lone surfer,and sharks

Still Waters

The warnings are usually clear - if you see a large school of fish get out of the water, because sharks won't be far away.

However, this surfer ignored that advice and not only took his board out from a beach near the New South Wales city of Wollongong, but surfed right over the top of a massive school of fish.

'This crazy fellow turned himself into potential shark bait,' said a surf rescue official who studied this amazing photograph.

Surfer

'The rules are dead simple and every surfer knows them. Don't go out there when there are bait fish around because there will be plenty of sharks in the area who are ready to eat more than just the fish.'

The surfer was photographed off Stanwell Park beach, north of Wollongong, by the official Australian Aerial Patrol which has taken to the skies this week to look for sharks and warn surfers from the water.

More Here/Pics

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hissie Sola

• Mattshark

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a creepy situation....... I'm not too fond of sharks :unsure:

Wow, that's a creepy situation....... I'm not too fond of sharks :unsure:

Sharks are cool!

And generally harmless.

Sharks are cool!

And generally harmless.

Sharks are indeed amazing and powerful creatures........ but I'd still rather not go near one :P (the big man killing kind at least)

Sharks are indeed amazing and powerful creatures........ but I'd still rather not go near one :P (the big man killing kind at least)

lol. Been near 2 of the big 3 :D Just lacking the tiger. Worked with bull sharks, dived with whites.