Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Day in the Life of Bigfoot

Q-C

Let's pretend for this thread that bf (probably) does exist. And let’s leave out the carcass, foot cast, etc., usual arguments. I also ask that for this thread, we exclude any supernatural qualities and consider bigfoot just another animal.

I’d like to hear from those who believe that bigfoot is (likely) dwelling among us. There seems to be quite a few on the forum lately.

Basically, how do you believe bf makes it out there in our wilderness and even urban areas and farmlands? Food, shelter, sleeping, socializing, migration, families, warmth, intelligence, population, habitat, range, physical characteristics, etc.

Paint a picture of the life of a bigfoot (as a normal animal) as you see it. Hopefully skeptics won’t argue with you, that is not the point of the thread, but to hear a discussion from believers or fence sitters, on bf’s daily life. And yes, you may offer how he does it all while avoiding us. Although, hopefully, not to bring on an argument from skeptics.

Again, there are several bigfoot proponents it seems lately. So, tell us your side. In some detail. Why? How? What? Where?

As a skeptic with a too big mouth, I will not argue with any posters from a skeptical perspective. I will not ask for evidence. I want to hear your perspective without having to stop and argue.

QC

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 5

If there is one around here there are caves for hiding in and plenty of deer for them to feed on. In the summer there are lots of nuts and berries growing wild. If there was such an animal I think they could survive just fine and are probably intelligent enough to avoid us at all costs.

• Like 2

basically the same live as a bear...seeing as they would be similar in size and reside in the same locations.

1500lb grizzly is tough to find...people often come within attack distance and dont even know a bear is there.

• Like 2

Good replies, but more details, more specifics: Anatomy and Physiology, species = digestion and food sources and shelter.

Edited by QuiteContrary

the picture that has just popped in my head.

i live in alaska now.. moose regularly roam around and care not for people nor do they fear them. Im taking the life of an alaska moose and replacing it with a BF. i could see a female wandering around with two small bigfeets foraging for random things to eat. perhaps they dont always feed on meat but rather things such as mushrooms and berries and even bark from certain species of trees. ive been told that moose are dumb animals.... so if thats the case of a BF perhaps they dont make shelters but they just hunker down in the snow and sleep when rest is needed. this is assuming they have a winter coat of fur for the colder months versus the spring and summer. on the other hand its very hard to imagine a BF being dumb. I can see them eating certain things during certain times of year for various reasons. i.e. eating certain fungus promotes winter fur growth etc. etc. if a moose passes by a bigfoot and the BF does not immediately charge or react to it, maybe this leads us to believe that BF is having logical thoughts of whether its rational to take on such a dangerous meal just for the sake of enjoying moose meat? I could go on and on haha, but thanks for the idea.

p.s. i could surely see people catching little baby bf's to keep and raise as pets if this was the case and perhaps with time one could teach a bf to learn new things and perhaps even talk

• Like 1

Thanks! jb

And their digestive system would need to be adaptable as well.

Good point, is the take downs of large prey or even quicker small prey in the lean months worth the calorie loss?

Maybe some believe they migrate to warmer climates to avoid the cold and lack of food. And maybe the smarter ones do shelter some how?

I imagine bigfoot waking up every morning, looking in the mirror at his crystal clear reflection, and shaking his head as opens up the medicine cabinet and reaches for the blur cream.

Edited by evancj
  • Like 3

I imagine bigfoot waking up every morning, looking in the mirror at his crystal clear reflection, and shaking his head as opens up the medicine cabinet and reaches for the blur cream.

thats pretty funny :tu:

Okay, then expand a bit. Where did he buy the blur cream or the medicine cabinet and mirror? :P

I read the news today oh, boy

About a lucky man who made a film

And though the quality was rather bad

Well, I just had to laugh

I saw the blobsquatch and just had to laugh

He posted up the video on web

He didn't think anyone would notice the flaws

A crowd of people stood and stared

They'd seen this stuff before

I saw a film today oh, boy

Two guys on horseback plodded along

They saw a squatch out a river wash

But I just had to look, and look, and look

Woke up, fell out of bed

Dragged a comb across my head

Found my way and put on my fuzzy blobsquatch cream

And looking up, I noticed I was late

Found my coat and grabbed my hat

Made the path in seconds flat

I read the news today oh, boy

Four thousand Squatches in North America

And though the Squatch are rather large

They had to count them all

Now they know how many Squatch it takes to fill a forrest

Many apologies to John and Paul.

• Like 2

Bigfoot can't because he has to appear and disappear. That's not supernatural in my opinion. During his limited time I assume spent here going off reports, he eats the following : Berries, Plant, Mammals, fish, bugs and marijuana buds. To also make bigfoot time interesting he will discover wood and use his wood in bed and be accused of tearing apart cabins. He will take blame for knocking over garbage cans instead of everything else that can. Bigfoot will be accused of stealing beer out of the coolers and trailers at campsites. Bigfoot shall be accused of stealing humans and livestock. Bigfoot does this by having a big foot and body resembling ours. That's how it worked.

• Like 1

If I want him disappearing and reappearing... I'd go with more of a "special" mushroom consumption...For me, not him.

But seriously, there are those who believe this is a real flesh and blood animal like us or similar.

So, how is it living out there? I'd like to hear more thoughts about its physiology pertaining to diet and habitat and locations. Among other things.

During the summer, Bigfoot would be in open areas eating huge amounts of berries like bears do.

During the fall, Bigfoot would be in streams for large amounts of time competing with bears (and humans) for fish who are also gorging themselves for winter.

During the winter, Bigfoot would be competing with bears for good hibernating spots and would be digging holes to hibernate in. It would not be stomping around the forest since there are no food sources available.

During the spring, Bigfoot would be mating and raising little Bigfoots which no one has ever seen.

During the summer, Bigfoot would be in open areas eating huge amounts of berries like bears do.

During the fall, Bigfoot would be in streams for large amounts of time competing with bears (and humans) for fish who are also gorging themselves for winter.

During the winter, Bigfoot would be competing with bears for good hibernating spots and would be digging holes to hibernate in. It would not be stomping around the forest since there are no food sources available.

During the spring, Bigfoot would be mating and raising little Bigfoots which no one has ever seen.

Okay, so physiologically we have an animal that is prepared biologically for hibernation. Maybe this is when they also give birth? Hiding their very young? Do you feel the fathers would be more involved with a Sasquatch family though?

I think that would depend on whether they mate for life or not, however I'm sure if you ask Matt Moneymaker he'll have the answer for you......well known and established.

:unsure2:

Okay, then expand a bit. Where did he buy the blur cream or the medicine cabinet and mirror? :P

ebay, and home depot. Gosh, where else would you get blur cream and cabinetry?

• Like 1

I think Bigfoot has a contractor's account there.

• Like 1

Just wrote a really long post and lost it. I don't think it's worth spending another 30 minutes typing with still more to do just to have the post belittled.

I thought this was meant to be a serious thread but I guess it's not. :no:

**Yawn**....**Stretch** Hi. I’m Sasquatch. Also know as Bigfoot, Yowie, Yahoo, Yeti, and various other pseudonyms. I call myself Joe. You can call me Joe.

There are a lot of questions about me. I’m rather mysterious. Today I’m going to take you through my day, so you can see why I really do exist but manage to leave behind no evidence of it, ever.

Welcome to my home. You’ll find it cozy and dry, carved out of and dug into the roots of a large coniferous tree in what you call your Pacific Northwest. The door, as you see here is constructed of woven branches and an elaborate system operated by braided bark ropes and wooden pulleys.

You’ll never find the door from the outside though. It is cleverly disguised and hidden. You see, we sasquatches are actually smarter than humans...well except for my brother Dug. He’s dumber than the average bear. It seems that every squatch community has a few like him. The stupid sasquatches among us account for 98% of sightings. Dug is always sneaking out and getting seen. Thank goodness for the blur cloak that we’ve woven for him. He thinks is a superhero costume but its real purpose is to bend light around it in such a way that photo equipment are rendered useless - resulting in blurry, non-descript images and video - thus keeping our existence comfortably mysterious.

Normal, intelligent sasquatches don’t leave our underground network of homes and tunnels unless it is absolutely necessary. We have underground farms, access to water sources, burial sites, and we have even discovered ways to recycle all our waste so that no traces of us ever show up above ground.

Sasquatch communities are like this all over the world - even in the Himalayas where our cousins there have learned to use their telekinetic powers to bore into solid rock to construct comfortable abodes there. How else would you expect them to survive? **Chuckles**

We are advanced in nearly every way as far as governing our society is concerned - at least if you compare us to humans. Our superior intelligence has taught us not to pursue technology as you have - because it always causes more problems that it solves. We have enough technology to stay hidden and secret - except for Dug and those like him - but not enough technology that we are plagued by the ills of human culture.

We communicate mostly by telepathy these days - its quieter. Long ago in our history we had language like you humans but found that language just ended up causing disagreements. Once we worked out telepathy, our society was much more harmonious. The screeches you have come to know as our language are usually the work of sasquatches like Dug. He gets excited and yells - and since his language skills have been lost due to our conversion to telepathy, what comes out is unintelligible. If you ever run into Dug out there in the woods, watch out. He’s peaceful but likes to play rock-throwing, which is a favorite past-time of sasquatch children. He doesn’t understand that humans don’t like to play.

So there you have it, in a nutshell. We exist as we do and leave no evidence is because we designed it that way, on purpose, to stay separate from you savages. No offense intended of course. Just sayin’.

• Like 2

Okay, so physiologically we have an animal that is prepared biologically for hibernation.

In the forests in my area (where Bigfoot is supposedly everywhere), a large creature with a large brain would have to hibernate to survive the winter.

Maybe this is when they also give birth? Hiding their very young?

During the winter when their mothers are barely surviving? That would explain why there aren't many of them!

Do you feel the fathers would be more involved with a Sasquatch family though?

Doing what?

I agree with those that stated that Bigfoot would live somewhat like a bear. Bigfoot would live in the forests, probably dwelling in caves and hibernating. They would eat berries, roots, vegetation, fish, and anything they can hunt and kill. They probably produce only one-or at the most, two- offspring at one time.. don't really want to imagine how they mate.
:whistle:
They are m ost likely intelligent creatures with keen senses and purposely stay away from anything to know to be coming near them, and they communicate with sounds or gestures. As for where their dead and waste go, I am willing to bet they bury it or conceal it somehow.
  • Like 1

Just wrote a really long post and lost it. I don't think it's worth spending another 30 minutes typing with still more to do just to have the post belittled.

I thought this was meant to be a serious thread but I guess it's not. :no:

Where has anyone been unduly rude or challenging? There is harmless humor in every thread.