Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Evidence found for speed of gravity

gravity speed of light

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,100 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Chinese scientists find evidence for speed of gravity

news.xinhuanet.com said:

BEIJING, Dec. 27 (Xinhua) -- Chinese scientists revealed Wednesday that they have found evidence supporting the hypothesis that gravity travels at the speed of light based on data gleaned from observing Earth tides.

Scientists have been trying to measure the speed of gravity for years through experiments and observations, but few have found valid methods.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,226 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 29 December 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Chinese scientists find evidence for speed of gravity

Waspie, thanks for posting. I must say say that while I am in constant admiration of how experimental physics progresses, it is in my honest opinion dwarfed by the accomplishments of the theoretical physicists a century ago, laying down an incredibly solid foundation upon which we are still building and one that has proven surprisingly strong.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited for confusion between century and decade...ahem, a bit late here :-(

Edited by badeskov, 30 December 2012 - 11:27 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

Also tagged with gravity, speed of light

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users