Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Awareness of God

markdohle

Awareness of God

The simple awareness of God, gently held, like the calm center of a storm is in truth, reality. Time flows like a dream, the stream life has its different currents; yet it moves forward over the rocks and down the falls and finally when its journey is over into the ocean. We are pilgrims, there is no rest, we cannot cling, but we can abide in the infinite presence of a love that we will spend an eternity seeking deeper understanding and yes knowing, in an unending revelation.

• Like 7

I can work with that. :nw:

I don't agree on anthropomorphizing the DIVINE, but God to me is the breath of life, an everlasting love that has the power to keep the world in order. I think the ultimate awareness is that God is the supreme enlightenment. Like I have said many times before- I think of myself flying in the sky with xray vision being able to see every heartbeat in the Universe. God is every heartbeat

• Like 3

Awareness of God

The simple awareness of God, gently held, like the calm center of a storm is in truth, reality. Time flows like a dream, the stream life has its different currents; yet it moves forward over the rocks and down the falls and finally when its journey is over into the ocean. We are pilgrims, there is no rest, we cannot cling, but we can abide in the infinite presence of a love that we will spend an eternity seeking deeper understanding and yes knowing, in an unending revelation.

I enjoy reading your thoughts Mark.... thank you.

• Like 3

~ I bow ~

:tu:

LOL :nw:

[/center]

I enjoy reading your thoughts Mark.... thank you.

Thank, your most welcome.

peace

Mark

If god is love then become love. No prayers can compare to the kindness of a good soul.

Very true, thank you.

Peace

Mark

I don't agree on anthropomorphizing the DIVINE, but God to me is the breath of life, an everlasting love that has the power to keep the world in order. I think the ultimate awareness is that God is the supreme enlightenment. Like I have said many times before- I think of myself flying in the sky with xray vision being able to see every heartbeat in the Universe. God is every heartbeat

Very beautiful, thank you.

Peace

Mark

• Like 3

I learned a new word and I agree with it.

Markdohle: you have the talent of a writer/author you are so descriptive. But when it comes to an awareness of God your description effects me like cotton candy - seems sweet but quickly disintegrates into nothing substantial.

Sorry

Markdohle: you have the talent of a writer/author you are so descriptive. But when it comes to an awareness of God your description effects me like cotton candy - seems sweet but quickly disintegrates into nothing substantial.

Sorry

SIMPLE EQUATION

whtisgod.gif

God is the Original Impulse of Creation, the Divine Spark. The pause between the impulse to create and creation itself. It is implosion and explosion; impetus and stimulus. Original Impulse of Creation is that which brings anything and everything into existence from the Divine Mother and through the Divine Father. (symbolic)

• Like 1

Sorry

Wow Copen can you not see the light shining from Mark?

• Like 1

Sorry

No need to say your sorry my friend. I understand.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

I want to know what you know about god. Enlightment sounds ambiguous and deceptive. What makes you so sure your "breath of life" is god? Do you believe you'll be enlightened when you die?

I want to know what you know about god. Enlightment sounds ambiguous and deceptive. What makes you so sure your "breath of life" is god? Do you believe you'll be enlightened when you die?

Romans 1:25 -"they worship the creations rather than the Creator". God IS the breath of life and all other things of creation but He is so much MORE that this description limits him to only what mankind can describe or understand. That god is WAYYYY too small :)
  • Like 2

Are you saying the human soul is god? Is the breath in Gen2:7 a means to activate the soul? If soul is god how can god destroy god? If soul is god why do we need god?

Edited by Jesus Loves Us
  • Like 1

I am a Christian my friend, I believe in the Love of God as manifested through Jesus Christ. His teaching and how he related to people is for me the lessons I seek to understand on a deeper level. I think in terms of abandonment to God,s will in my life, to arise when I fall, and to seek to love others as Christ taught.

Peace

Mark

• Like 3

My other post was directed to and then. I like you post. Christ is with you I feel it.

"No God nor man can save your soul, you've got to do that yourself."

You haven't a clue because you are on your side. There is no room for anyone else.

• Like 1

Yes, I will be enlightened after death. God is the breath of life or what I like to call the heartbeat of the Universe. The main spiritual goal of the ancients was cosmic alignment. That is, to become ONE with nature/The Universe. I think when we reach this goal we will have spiritual understanding-innerstanding-overstanding etc
  • Like 1

Why should there be? I entered this world alone and I'll die alone.

How did you figure that you will die alone? You must have read or heard it somewhere since it's been written and mentioned countless of times. I once believed it when I was in my teens (I'm in my mid-century), and nowadays, I'm hopeful that it's not the case, hopeful in a sense that I have a chance to see Heaven because the otherside of Heaven is "death" of the soul (or deletion of one's "awareness" in the Void and as far as I'm concerned, it's the most horrific reality). At any rate, dying alone will not be in my cards. I believe everyone will not die alone, regardless of one's belief system. I'm a Christian today because there was a Being, a god (at least a god to me), who has given me another chance to know Him. Through my extensive research, the closest religion to match this god is Christianity, at least the Jesus narrative...and apparently, He had the power to resurrect the dead.

Interesting to say, Jesus died to give us life, and man, does He keep His promise! Frankly, I didn't expect Him to show up because for one thing, I was not a practicing Christian the last time I died, and I didn't even think about Him. I was a meditation teacher (conduit of the "flow") in the lineage of Swami Rudrananda (but I was baptized a Christian when I was a baby). Being a (loving) human being was, I'm sure, the key to the paradox. Just by being a human being, yes, it was my ticket to this Being's, god's,heart and salvation. Salvation is truly the right word for it. Being in the Void is, again, the worst reality in which to be, not fire and brimstone, but on the other hand, I've never experienced hellfire... The Void is, after all, the "outer darkness," where memory will fade away, guaranteed. "Awareness" (or one's memory in the afterlife) is partly what makes us who we are, but that's another topic.

Religion is really a relationship (like an intimate love affair) with one's god. It's not a one-way street. That, however, is also another topic.

God bless, Xenofish.

Edited by No-thingBornPassion
  • Like 1

First learn to truly love another human being ... then you will truly learn what loving god means ~ George Harrison ...

We are born with nothing and we shall die with nothing but the memories and love we leave behind ~ in the spirit of hearts with those that we loved ~

~

Loving another human being is a prerequisite in Christianity, and we also have salvation through Jesus. The "comforter" reveals to Christians the nature of God, and to be loving is part of this transformation. As I have mentioned, it is a 24/7 relationship.

Having Him as my guide works for me, especially because He was my savior in the Void. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." That quote says it all for me in my new life, a reinvented life. By grace, I was saved, literally, on many levels. For every action, there are consequences, but knowing that Jesus is with me now gives me comfort and real joy.

We are born in a body (that's something) and we will die with our "awareness" intact, but in the Void, one will lose one's "awareness" eventually. In Heaven, I believe we will get to keep our "awareness," throughout eternity.

Peace.

• Like 1