Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to strenghten Precog

Well at random times I get visions or whatever you want to call them. Future events play out through me. Except I see them as normal life. Like for example a week ago it said A high school in my state had got broken into and stuff broken up and graffiti everywhere on the news. I thought that sucked and didn't think of it. About two days ago Same exact story came on. And it said it happened yesterday so why would they have an update of something a week old? But stuff like that happens alot more often. My problem is I don't know if it happens or not and I can' tell if I have seen anything or if it is just like normal time. Very confusing and I would like some advice on how to strengthen it.

Any help will be well appreciated and one more note. Please do not flame because I don't want this one deleted.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nucular

• Rosewin

• DfizzleShizzle

Okie doke i've got a reply from another person that if you keep trying to predit the outcome of something, your precog will improve. So I and I mean I not the other person, would suggest you to go try to do those tests on the other websites.

Edited by Sporkling

Personally, I'd suggest keeping a written, date-stamped record of all such visions you have - maybe this thread would be a good place to put them?

This way, you'll have a detailed database of all your visions, and can get feedback as to how detailed or specific others see them as.

It may also allow you to pick up on details you hadn't noticed before, and figure out of there are any themes etc. which would help you steer your ability (if indeed an ability it is).

My wife can predict songs lol not all the time but enough. It does seem many people have useless precognitions and visions and such but it happens. Time is like a river and sometimes you can see whats a little bit downstream. I do not think you can strengthen it as you can other psi phenomena through mental exercise but I can be wrong. Just go with the flow and maybe you will get something important later on down the line to act on and save the day!

Hey guys thanks for the replies. But some new stuff has happened that I am realizing. Not visions but thoughts. Like last week I sent an email to receive a brochure this morning I said I sure hope it came in my mind and there it was at the bottom of the mail. And I was thinking of trying this psi called pyrokinesis I thought I sure hope I can find matches and they were right there on the table and again I thought I sure hope someone gets home soon and my brother and his friend walked in exactly then. Coincidences? I think it is pretty weird but if I think something nothing happens but them random thoughts it does. I guess that is precog.

I'm not sure you're going to be able to differentiate these sorts of subjectively 'psychic' impressions from mundane anticipation/probabilistic reasoning. For instance:

Like last week I sent an email to receive a brochure this morning I said I sure hope it came in my mind and there it was at the bottom of the mail.

Last week you sent for something which you wanted; this week you found yourself hoping it would come, and it did. That's what happens when you send for stuff you want.

And I was thinking of trying this psi called pyrokinesis I thought I sure hope I can find matches and they were right there on the table

I compeltely fail to see even any possibility of psychic powers in this one. You hoped you would find matches, and they were on the table. This morning, I hoped we had some bread left, and lo! There was bread. How is that psychic?

and again I thought I sure hope someone gets home soon and my brother and his friend walked in exactly then.

Again, so completely normal that it's not even worth going into.

Coincidences?

Not even that! Just stuff that happens to everyone, all day long.

If I were you, I'd stick with the visions, and record them as quickly as possible, preferably somewhere online with a date stamp (again, like this forum), so it can be judged whether what you thought was going to happen did, whether the details could have been anticipated, and what your 'hit rate' is. These random thoughts are simply that.

Personally, I'd suggest keeping a written, date-stamped record of all such visions you have - maybe this thread would be a good place to put them?

This way, you'll have a detailed database of all your visions, and can get feedback as to how detailed or specific others see them as.

It may also allow you to pick up on details you hadn't noticed before, and figure out of there are any themes etc. which would help you steer your ability (if indeed an ability it is).

This is exactly what I would have recommended. Time and date stamp your "vision". LOL. I have done it on this site and learned to do it in a "different way". I told a sight/vision of a wrestler that died prior to any details of anything surrounding his death. I was 'warned' by other members that I was making up stories and being mean. I was actually time/date stamping my thoughts which later were just about 100% true. LOL. (I'll look for it). Try the blogs.

:tu:

Edit to Add:

I found it for ya. Post #35 and on...to like post #66 or so.

wow that was almost a year ago LOL.

Edited by She-ra

this is to nucular the matches I mentioned that because for the last week I have been looking for some and I quit what I was planning to do with them. Out of nowhere the thought popped up and it was there. My brother was over an hour late and I thought when is he gonna come and he just walked in the door. And the mail thing I completely forgot and I do not go through the mail EVER. I just happened to get the thought that I should look and it was there.

That happens alot with me...Like, I'll text my girlfriend something, like 10 mins later, I'll all of a sudden remember the text, and decide to look at my phone, and, 9 times outta 10 the text comes that second...Same with people callin you, and things like that...

this is to nucular

Hi HT.

the matches I mentioned that because for the last week I have been looking for some and I quit what I was planning to do with them. Out of nowhere the thought popped up and it was there. My brother was over an hour late and I thought when is he gonna come and he just walked in the door. And the mail thing I completely forgot and I do not go through the mail EVER. I just happened to get the thought that I should look and it was there.

Look, I'm not trying to p*ss on your bonfire, but I honestly don't see a way to distinguish these types of psychic experiences from non-psychic ones.

What I'm saying is very different to saying to you that it's definitely not psychic - maybe it is. But what I am saying is that, given the possbility that you would have been thinking about some of these things anyway, there is no way for us to know.

For example, I could say to you that you replied to my post at 9.28pm GMT yesterday, and I had been wondering at precisely 9.20pm whether you had replied or not. I probably was (though in reality I can't remember), but was it psychic? I of course had no way of knowing when, or if, you would reply to my post, nor even whether you would contribute further to the thread... but in terms of probabilities, it was more likely than not that you'd post again in the thread you started; that this would take place sometime in the 48 hours after your last post; and, now I come to look at the thread, was likely to be mid-late evening UK time, since that's when you seem to post.

Couple this with my own timekeeping - my computer has usually been off for about an hour by 9.20, and I'll be thinking "I might just check to see if anyone's replied to me on the message boards... actually no, I can't be bothered and I want to watch TV" - and you can see that there's a perfectly natural explanation. But I wasn't consciously aware of this explanation until I just thought it through in a certain way. I might never have been aware of this explanation if I'd either opted for a more attractive psi explanation, or if I'd not had cause to think it through.

But I could still maintain that, regardless of those facts, it was a psychic impression rather than a subconscious estimate of likelihood. And it may have been - the point is, that there's no way to tell the difference when the mundane explanation can't be ruled out.

I still think that applies to your described experiences. Take the example of your brother. He was an hour late. On the surface, I can see where you're coming from - you expected him at a particular time, he didn't come; therefore there was no way of knowing where he was or how long he'd be, and yet you thought of him the second before he walked in.

But you were expecting him at a certain time, and there will have been a growing awareness, on some level of consciousness, that someone should be here and is not. This type of expectation thought tends to increase in frequency over the period, which correlates with the likelihood that, based on all information you have, he will walk in. All else being equal, if someone is late, the likelihood that they'll walk in within one minute increases for every minute they are late (and then beyond a certain time, it'll tail off again). Your thought may well cimply reflect this, and it's liekly you had similar thoughts prior to the one which occurred at that moment which you've forgotten, since it's completely unremarkable to think of a person and have them not appear (google 'expectation bias' and 'confirmation bias').

So, maybe it's psychic, but there's no way for anyone - I maintain, you included - to tell. Whereas with the visions you describe, we'd have more of a chance. So all I'm saying is, my advice remains, stick with the visions if you're looking for evidence of an ability or a way to develop it.

Some people just simply cannot see the magic in every day events. Sure it might be non-psychic activity and not full blow psi but that is not what is important. The thought process and how we think and are wires is. If you close you mind to the possibility you will never achieve what is possible with the mind. Think of it like this. A baby crawls and rises and stumbles. Is this walking? No. But we know that the end goal is walking. And until he gets in the frame of mind to learn to walk he would never be able to. Others help them along of course and well I am helping you along. Keep trying, do not lose this frame of mind, and the magic will happen. If the whole world did not believe and walking and told you it was impossible would you stop trying and forever remain crawling?

Some people just simply cannot see the magic in every day events. Sure it might be non-psychic activity and not full blow psi but that is not what is important. The thought process and how we think and are wires is. If you close you mind to the possibility you will never achieve what is possible with the mind.

I've been very clear that I'm not closing my mind to the possibility; I'm simply saying there's no way to tell the difference.

Think of it like this. A baby crawls and rises and stumbles. Is this walking? No. But we know that the end goal is walking. And until he gets in the frame of mind to learn to walk he would never be able to.

This doesn't work as an analogy since we of course know that walking 'exists', and we can tell the difference, very easily, between walking and, say, crawling.

Perhaps a more apt analogy would be flying, rather than walking. Some on here will tell you that the baby may be able to fly if it uses its psi powers just right; and so the baby's first stumbling steps may be achieved through psi power, rather than muscle action. Indeed, maybe the muscle action itself is driven by psi powers, and is the first step towards flying. But there's no way to tell. So those stumbling steps remain exactly the same thing as everyone else experiences, and remain unremarkable until the baby actually lifts off, making sceptics look silly.

For the one who has experienced they know in fact it is they who walk while others crawl attempting to make sense of the world.

For the one who has experienced they know in fact it is they who walk while others crawl attempting to make sense of the world.

No, I've tried replying using that metaphor and I just can't make it work.

But regardless, it's not enough to assert knowledge; to legitimately claim knowledge, one must state where and how it was derived. And this is the point I'm making - how on earth do you tell the difference between normal thought processes like the ones I described earlier, and apparently normal but really supernormal thought processes like those HumanTorch claims?

I am fascinated by the preoccupation "those who know they walk while others crawl" seem to have with those who crawl. I'd think the knowing walkers would have somewhere worthwhile to walk knowingly to. Why proclaim their own superiority to others who, by hypothesis, are incapable of appreciating the speakers' sublime magnificence?

But questionning the intentions of my betters is probably a crawly thing to do.

i have visions also, and i don't know what they are for... i see people i don't know, houses i don't know and i have no clue what to do with these visions

with my energy training these days, i had immense precog today. my friend wanted to cast my fishing rod, and im like something bad is going to happen, i just knew it....and guess what? the freakin spinner of the rod (with all string and stuff) falls off the rod and into the water.....just one thing heh

I respect your opinion nucular but too many "concidences" occur then. I know it is something else but you explain rather well your own point across you just have to experience it to believe it.

No, I've tried replying using that metaphor and I just can't make it work.

But regardless, it's not enough to assert knowledge; to legitimately claim knowledge, one must state where and how it was derived. And this is the point I'm making - how on earth do you tell the difference between normal thought processes like the ones I described earlier, and apparently normal but really supernormal thought processes like those HumanTorch claims?

Just by imagining and visualizing. There was a show on either HGTV or some other channel where some Asians were into Feng Shui. Now they wanted to get out of the house because it was jinxed because of the layout. They believed all sorts of bad luck things were happening but for them it was not luck it was real. In the negative energy areas that is where small things would happen like warped table tops and such when it shouldn't have happened. Now imagine they in fact caused it by worrying about it. By focusing on the negative energy spots they in fact looked at them and felt ugly about them. Concentrating not only negative thoughts but negative energy in the areas they thought were negative spots. This is an example of mind over matter. They decided to just build a house from scratch. Now imagine someone without this belief set moving in. I bet you none of the problems would have happened. It was their own mind...

The mind is powerful. How do people know they are being stared at then turn in the direction of whoever is staring at them? It works in reverse if you really want to get someones attention and they are not totally into something that would not allow them to sense it. You have heard the saying that there is no such thing as an accident. That if something bad happens the person might have wanted it. That might be a bad example but entertain the idea because there might be truth to it in some of the accidents we experience. People trick themselves into being gloomy when the weather is and are happy when the sun is out. Not me personally cause I love the rain and dislike the sun so the opposite works for me. Why? Because we are creatures of habit and it is the mind that compulses us to keep repeating the same patterns.

Why an old couple lasts so very long and one partner dies then the other will follow within a year or so? This is not always the case but it happens more chances than not. The mind combined with the heart are both powerful tools. The idea is to control our thoughts. Guide them. Mold them.

to paraphrase Deepak Chopra, I hope someone can correct me if I have the order wrong or skipped a part, but thoughts create desire, desire creates potential, potential creates action, and action creates reality. Thus from a single thought we can create our own reality. Our happiness, our success, our relationships, and even the realization of our dreams

This in turn can be used for psi ability.

Edited by Clovis

Just by imagining and visualizing. There was a show on either HGTV or some other channel where some Asians were into Feng Shui. Now they wanted to get out of the house because it was jinxed because of the layout. They believed all sorts of bad luck things were happening but for them it was not luck it was real. In the negative energy areas that is where small things would happen like warped table tops and such when it shouldn't have happened. Now imagine they in fact caused it by worrying about it. By focusing on the negative energy spots they in fact looked at them and felt ugly about them. Concentrating not only negative thoughts but negative energy in the areas they thought were negative spots. This is an example of mind over matter. They decided to just build a house from scratch. Now imagine someone without this belief set moving in. I bet you none of the problems would have happened. It was their own mind...

Obviously I don't know the case, but it seems that you're again identifying a case with two or three separate explanations (or hypotheses), and then without evidence asserting one of them to be the case. In this case, the hypotheses would be:

1) Feng shui is at work here, and interrupted flow of chi caused the bad luck

2) Feng shui is not at work, but the mind has the ability to psychically manipulate its environment according to its beliefs

3) Neither feng shui nor psychic powers are at work, and instead any statistically normal negative occurrences are interpreted as caused by chi; cognitive biases cause a skewed impression of exactly what the ratio of 'bad luck' to 'good luck' is; hypervigilance to minor occurrences which would otherwise not be noticed bolsters the examples.

Again, based on that example - how would we tell the difference, without a proper and objective examination of the situation? It's clearly not enough to say "imagining and visualising". As you say, the mind is powerful, and we can imagine and visualise anything we want; this doesn't make it so.

The mind is powerful.

Yes it is.

How do people know they are being stared at then turn in the direction of whoever is staring at them?

Personally, I'd remove the "How" from the beginning of that sentence. At the very least, the jury's out on Sheldrake's work (I personally would go further).

It works in reverse if you really want to get someones attention and they are not totally into something that would not allow them to sense it. You have heard the saying that there is no such thing as an accident. That if something bad happens the person might have wanted it.

Yes, I have heard it said. This does not make it true, plausible or even possible, of course. I've heard a lot of things said. It's true that people sometimes bring bad things upon themselves, of course; this is beyond dispute. But I guess the question would be the causative pathway to that; I would say that there is no pathway other than behaviour, whereas you hint again that there is a psi-based cause.

That might be a bad example but entertain the idea because there might be truth to it in some of the accidents we experience. People trick themselves into being gloomy when the weather is and are happy when the sun is out. Not me personally cause I love the rain and dislike the sun so the opposite works for me. Why? Because we are creatures of habit and it is the mind that compulses us to keep repeating the same patterns.

Why an old couple lasts so very long and one partner dies then the other will follow within a year or so? This is not always the case but it happens more chances than not. The mind combined with the heart are both powerful tools. The idea is to control our thoughts. Guide them. Mold them.

Nothing here seems to go beyond normal effects of the mind on itself and the behaviour of its body.

to paraphrase Deepak Chopra, I hope someone can correct me if I have the order wrong or skipped a part, but thoughts create desire, desire creates potential, potential creates action, and action creates reality. Thus from a single thought we can create our own reality. Our happiness, our success, our relationships, and even the realization of our dreams

Again, no supernatural claims or evidence here. We think stuff up, we want it to happen, we do what we can to make it happen. This is not a supernatural event, this is our bodies doing what they have evolved to do. Action creates reality. Behaviour is our only way of interacting with our environment.

This in turn can be used for psi ability.

Again, that's where I have a problem. How can the extremely mundane processes you describe paraphrased from Chopra (I suspect, possibly the least controversial thing he's ever written) be used for psi?

At no point here, as before, do I intentionally dismiss the psi hypotheses; I'm just pointing out that at no point do you introduce any evidence for them either, so we're left once more with not being able to distinguish between normal and supernatural explanations for the same events.

I respect your opinion nucular but too many "concidences" occur then. I know it is something else but you explain rather well your own point across you just have to experience it to believe it.

You're perfectly entitled to your beliefs of course, and thank you for considering mine. I'd only add that I wasn't really describing 'coincidences', which are causally unrelated events which take place at the same time; rather I'd say that all of the events you described were causally related, and were threfore not coincidences, but parallel events originating from a common cause.

Edited by Nucular