Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psi ball explanations?

mayonnaise

i was meditating one day. while in the middle of meditation, i remember hearing about something called a psi ball. so, with my hands to my sides, i focused on them individualy, imagining lightning coming out of my pamls. i did this for about 3 minutes. then, i moved my arms up and slowly pushed my palms together. when they were a foot apart, it felt like there was something there. you know how when you try to push two positive magnets together, and the kind of slip over each other? exactly like that. and it kept pushing outwards. i never really heard what it feels like for other people, so i dont know why my mind would do something like that. another thing, when i move my fingers near my other hand, its like theres something inside moving. have a hard time believing its a psychic thing, so id like to know what the scientific explanation for this would be. :su

show me a psi ball.

one that either you have created or someone else has created.

thank you

• Like 4

Old magician's tricks.

It's just muscle reactions. Place your hands together and push against one another for about 30 seconds. Slowly pull them apart and it will feel like there is a magnet pulling your hands together.

Or stand in a doorway and press your hands against the hard against the doorframe for 30 seconds to a minute. Then drop your arms and they will feel like they are being pulled up.

Or to mess with people, have them place their hands together, both index fingers up about an inch apart. Start rotating your finger around theirs, telling them you are wrapping their fingers with invisible thread, or using psychic powers, whatever you want, and their fingers will start to close together.

• Like 2

If you stare at the TV then close your eyes you can still see it.

What does that have to do with this.

Old magician's tricks.

It's just muscle reactions.

now see, thats whats weird about it. my hands were at my side. not together. i wasnt holding them in a ball shape, waiting for something to form. its quite different from usual muscle tricks. it was like i was holding something that i couldnt touch in my right hand. is it possible its some kind of psycological thing?

A "psi ball" is generated by an overly enthusiastic psychedelic mushroom eating wannabe esoteric martial artist.

• Like 4

show me a psi ball.

one that either you have created or someone else has created.

thank you

im not trying to prove the existance of psi balls...read the post. im asking for scientific explanations of the phenomena.

now see, thats whats weird about it. my hands were at my side. not together. i wasnt holding them in a ball shape, waiting for something to form. its quite different from usual muscle tricks. it was like i was holding something that i couldnt touch in my right hand. is it possible its some kind of psycological thing?

It has to do with tightening of muscles. You could have your hands at your sides, holding them tight, and afterword you would get a similar reaction.

Here's the closest anyone will every get to a 'psi ball'

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

imaginarynumber1, it still doesnt match up. it wasnt like just pushing away, it was like a field that my hand could slip around. just like two magnets. i wasnt holding my hands tight, they were open, palms up, completely relaxed.

Psi balls, assuming for the moment they are real, are not something that "just happens" while you're goofing around.

It entails the gathering, maintenance and channeling of "psychic" energy (whatever that is supposed to be).

Just learning to contain that energy takes months; sometime we want something so badly that our bodies will actually create false sensations.

I would caution against getting excited over this.

• Like 1

ryu, iv been having allot of things i have yet to explain happen this last year. im very skeptical on all of these things, thus why i joined this website, but i am considering the possibilitys.

• Like 1

im not trying to prove the existance of psi balls...read the post. im asking for scientific explanations of the phenomena.

i wasn't implying you are trying to prove the existance of them.

you said you can make one. i've never seen one

so, how about it?

i wasn't implying you are trying to prove the existance of them.

you said you can make one. i've never seen one

so, how about it?

never said i could make one. im asking what it could be. thats the only word i found that describe it.

never said i could make one. im asking what it could be. thats the only word i found that describe it.

sorry i misread your OP then

i thought you were saying that you had created one and wanted to know how it happened

imaginarynumber1, it still doesnt match up. it wasnt like just pushing away, it was like a field that my hand could slip around. just like two magnets. i wasnt holding my hands tight, they were open, palms up, completely relaxed.

That same effect can be produced by pressing your hands together, palms open, and having somebody press them together for about a minute. It will feel like there is a bubble of repulsion between your hands.

It's just a muscle reaction. You probably;y had you hands and arms a certain way that managed recreated this effect.

Are you trying to say this feeling was a psyball being created?

Can you film your hands while you're doing this?

Are you trying to say this feeling was a psyball being created?

Can you film your hands while you're doing this?

apparently he's not saying he made one. i thought that was what he was implying as well.

apparently he's not saying he made one. i thought that was what he was implying as well.

Yeah i'm a little confused.

303762-psy.jpgstock-photo-7835908-striped-beach-ball.jpg

• Like 3

imaginarynumber1, i know what that is, iv done it before, its not the same thing.

imaginarynumber1, i know what that is, iv done it before, its not the same thing.

Can you film a psyball for us?

Well you certainly didn't suddenly violate the laws of physics while sitting around meditating, so I'm still going with my explanation.

Can you film a psyball for us?

if there is such a thing, it would be out of the range of human vision. i didnt open my eyes when i was doing it, and when i did it slowly stopped, which is another thing that makes me think that it wasnt a muscle reaction.

Well you certainly didn't suddenly violate the laws of physics while sitting around meditating, so I'm still going with my explanation.

id simply like an explanation that fits what happened. iv read about muscle reactions. i know that makes sense from your point of view, but it simply doesnt apply to what i experienced. perhaps my mind could of warped what happened, i dont know, but id like to know other possibilitys.

Sorry i'm a bit confused about this topic.

You're telling us that you did something you can't explain but you want to discuss the possibilities of psyballs instead?

• Like 1

Sorry i'm a bit confused about this topic.

You're telling us that you did something you can't explain but you want to discuss the possibilities of psyballs instead?

i never said i wanted to talk about psy balls, i simply said that id like to hear some other possibilitys other then "muscle reaction"