Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is President Putin a threat to world peace?

Raptor Witness

Is President Putin a threat to world peace with the NSA's "crown jewels?"  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is President Putin a threat to world peace with the NSA's "crown jewels?"

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, and please explain your reasons

I've always been a fan of Senator Lindsey Graham's mouth, who's not afraid to speak his mind .... rare in Washington, even if you disagree with him most of the time. This being a fairly liberal crowd, I imagine that's the case.

However, he is now threatening to raise the Iron Curtain again, which is not a small idea.

Is it warranted, however, in realistic terms? Is President Putin now a threat to world peace, especially if he has the blueprints for the NSA's Top Secret Surveillance program?

Even if you think Senator Graham's idea about boycotting the Winter Olympic games is a useless propaganda play, the general idea of Russia as an enemy of the U.S. is seriously being considered, again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGVR5be3zPw

So what say you here, is President Putin a threat to world peace?

I say, yes, but not for the reasons that Lindsey Graham is pointing to in this video clip. I think he's a threat to world peace because he may now have what the CIA's reverend Bob Baer has called, "the crown jewels of the NSA's Secret Surveillance Program," and I'm quoting Baer from CNN's State of the Union broadcast on June 23, 2013

...."BAER: It's the PR mess. But more than that, the National Security Agency has the crown jewels. And apparently he(Snowden) got to see them."

If the KGB got a hold of those blueprints, we may indeed have a serious problem on our hands, and I respect the Senator's general recognition of this possibility.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I think maybe Graham is a threat to world peace,he is stirring up a whole new barrel of snakes.Why doesnt someone tell him what a bloody menace he is.Putin won't start anything because he is wise enough to know that the consequences will be Fatal.

• Like 2

So, Putin is "threat to world peace", while US has invaded and wrecked Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and spies on the world. It is always US saying this about Putin and Russia, always these stupid US politicians who probably do not even know where Russia is, who are still stuck fast in the cold war and come out with this total garbage. I can only assume education system in US is very bad and that it is true that fast food is bad for mental health. I seriously think that some in America actually want war, so, be careful of what you wish for, it may come true.

American politicians and media morons, before opening mouth, engage brain, though I suspect that there are no brains to engage.....

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 2

Who is a threat to world peace?

This poster, which says "Stop the agressor!", is from 1958. Not much has changed since then.....

4c5ac69263c0.jpg

If we are allowed to use the last decade's events to judge, it seems obvious that the biggest agents working against world peace is the US and Israeli governments.

• Like 1

If we are allowed to use the last decade's events to judge, it seems obvious that the biggest agents working against world peace is the US and Israeli governments.

Now, now....

There is hardly anybody who does not have its hands in the dough, for one reason or another. The biggest risk are always from there where people don't care, are not educated enough or under autocratic rule, but to single out two is absolutely false.

Putin is not a threat.....our own is a far bigger threat than he is....

putin_zps0f5dfbe1.jpg

putin2_zps5047d95b.jpg

• Like 3

Now that I bothered to watch this video about this non entity Lindsey Graham, I see he is a typical brain dead moron who has no conception that the world moved on from 1989 and then 1991. And I am rather shocked by this thread. I would never be so rude to create a thread with a name like, for instance. "Obama is a brain dead moron leading a country of morons to world war - discuss". I hope my point is taken, though somehow I am not sure if it will be.....

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

If the KGB still operated then yes, or people would say he is a spy working for the Soviets

If the KGB still operated then yes, or people would say he is a spy working for the Soviets

The KGB ceased to exist, but instead we have the FSS.

Wow, I'm surprised at the number of "Yes" votes. Is everyone a member of the communist party here?

Now, now....

There is hardly anybody who does not have its hands in the dough, for one reason or another. The biggest risk are always from there where people don't care, are not educated enough or under autocratic rule, but to single out two is absolutely false.

"Biggest" is not synonymous with "the only 2". That is, I have no doubts there are other governments who practice military aggression and such, but the biggest of them are US and Israel.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm surprised at the number of "Yes" votes. Is everyone a member of the communist party here?

I am afraid that now, that the Jihadists are on their way to the trashcan of history, reviving the Russians will not work. No need for Communists. You will need to find a new enemy, but I suggest you wait until the shame of the last Chicken-Little scare wears off.

*several posts removed to clean the thread*

What has been expiring lately in this thread is completely unacceptable posting behaviour, and those posts have now understandably been removed. Anyone continuing to answer to any of these *now removed posts* will be deleted also, as this is not the purpose of the thread to degenerate into abusive language and responses. If you can't control yourself in this thread then it is time to step out now .

Thank you ~ bLu3

Thanks to the mod. for cleaning up the mess here.

I voted "maybe," because I think Putin might get bolder with time.

I have reason to suspect that the Russians were destined to get the NSA' blueprint at this point in history.

• Like 1

President Putin only cares about one thing and that is President Putin (and his self styled macho image, which is bordering on ridiculus)...

Russia does seem to think the cold war never ended most of the time and some of their "allies" are questionable. They are still a big threat in the intelligence/spying world, but the public don't really get to hear about that stuff. But actually the Russians are less likely to be involed in, or start wars than the US. The world can't be taken by military force any more, those days are gone.

Putin is no slouch though. He was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth like most world leaders (e.g. David Cameron). He has lived in the real world, has had to work his way up and he knows his stuff.

Edited by Finity

Putin is no slouch though. He was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth like most world leaders (e.g. David Cameron). He has lived in the real world, has had to work his way up and he knows his stuff.

This bit yes. But it is not Russia that lives in cold war. Nobody talks about this, the only time it raises it's head is when some Western politician or media, usually always US or UK, makes boneheaded statements that show that it is them who live in cold war. A cursory glimpse through many threads in this forum show that it is US and UK citizens who are clearly fixated on cold war. Russians are not, we have moved on, a pity some in the West are unable, or unwilling to escape their past.

President Putin is dangerous on the individual level, yes. Say you were to steal a couple million dollars from Putin. I would imagine that you would have the gangster KGB type coming after you searching with the resources of a strong military power. When they did find you, I wouldn't have any other expectations but to hear how bad you were tortured before you were killed. So yes, I would say he is dangerous.

I am not losing any sleep at night thinking how Vladmir Putin and his henchmen are going to come over to my neck of the woods and try to start trouble with the United States military on the scale of all out war. Don't sleep with his woman or try to screw him over financially and you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Your posts are becoming boring in their anti-western slant. Another moderator has already cleaned up the nonsense you instigated and participated in. If you continue further action will be taken.

It makes me wonder if Putin pays people to do this. Some sort of massive PR campaign, conducted across the board on any site with a certain amount of traffic, and this one has a lot.

I actually like President Putin. He's like the Kremlin version of 007.

I wouldn't want him as my President for eons, but I take it very seriously when both the right and the left here, start making very loud noises. WE rarely see agreement on anything these days, so to hear that Russia is now our renewed "enemy," is not all bluff.

Here's Schumer taking Putin to the woodshed, albeit verbally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT2uFlbYvtI

Thread cleaned again

Given the amount of trouble this topic seems to be causing I can't see much advantage in keeping it going.

Closed.