Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Synchronicity

The Infamous Tabatha

Ok guys...wanna really start thinking? Youve met the Queen of the 222 phenomenon...

Here is a BRIEF rundown of my 22 experiences. I apriciate BEFORE HAND your ability to not judge my life choices...thank you

i met my first husbabnd on 2/22

our divorce was finalized on 2/22

i married my 2nd husband on 2/22/02...i was 22 years old

our divorce was AGAIN finalized on 2/22

my husband (as of now lol) birthday is 2/22

i look at the clock once a day at 2:22

my order numbers in restuaraunts are almost always 22 or 222

i hit a fire truck (stop laughing lol) fire station 22

i was born at 2:12am (not the same i know)

i went to florida...flight 222

hotel room in florida when i got there? 222

on 2/22/08 i fell down my stairs and fractured my pelvis while pregnant.

on the 22nd of EVERY MONTH my friends steer clear...its never a good day.

i was stuck in elevator 22 about a month ago for ten minutes...that sucked. :yes:

I literally could go on and on. most recently...as odd as this is about to sound...i have been seeing OWLS EVERYWHERE! Not live ones, just in pictures, painting, sculptures, tv, cards sent to me, etc. I decided to look into it. do you know what i found? THE DAY OF THE OWL...FOR THE BOHEMIAN GROVE (if you dont know what that is google it. youll be shocked) is 2/22...they have their festival in july, but the day of the owl itself is 2/22.

i am not some random waahoo writting this. i sincerely have had each of these experiences and countless more that would blow your mind. i am an educated woman, i have a high iq level, and im not some consperiecy theory junkie. however these things add up to something. i dont know what it all means, but i continue to research it. there is a book called Jungs Theory of Synchronicity. I recommend it to you all. :tu:

If anyone has anything to add/say about what is happening to me, I would be greatful. Keep in mind I am very much aware of the "subcontious" theory, and believe it holds no merrit with myself. I am truely living what everyone is talking about here. not just a clock.

oh and spare me the jokes about Jim Carrys movie The Number 23. Theyre old. B)

Tabatha :wub:

post-102462-127624891667_thumb.jpg

i look at the clock once a day at 2:22

my order numbers in restuaraunts are almost always 22 or 222

Besides these 2 examples, the rest are pretty interesting.

But for these 2, it's a common misconception. Truth is, you check the time many many many many many times a day. You do it so often every day that you never think about it or remember it later. The 1 time you do remember looking at it is at 2:22. Why? Because these numbers obviously seem to hold a great place in your mind.

Same idea to a lesser extent with the order numbers. If you could see a print out of every order number you've had, and how many of those are 22 or 222, you'd be less than impressed with the ratio. But, again, the only time you notice or remember your order number is when it fits this criteria that interests you.

I wish you wouldn't turn a blind eye to the subconscious "theory" as the whole area is well studied and tested, as well as extremely interesting. Think it might be a more fruitful study than synchronicity theories.

And you make a mistake in connecting a low IQ to thinking about these things like you do. I hope you don't take offense because I don't mean any, but it seems you are a bit obsessing about this 2:22. Which is something that is seen often in those with normal to high IQs (obsessive tendencies).

Can I ask what exactly you mean when you say 'Keep in mind I am very much aware of the "subcontious" theory, and believe it holds no merrit with myself'?

Edited by Jerry Only
  • Like 1

on the 22nd of EVERY MONTH my friends steer clear...its never a good day.

i was stuck in elevator 22 about a month ago for ten minutes...that sucked. :yes:

Perhaps that's due to your over obsession with events that are going to happen, linked to your number? Perhaps its of no inclination to you that your post #3448508 doesn't contain a #2. What if it contained several? We'd have a conundrum. Can i ask please.

Did you consider to check your post number? If it contained several would you have noticed it? Your firetruck for instance can you recall the numberplate? What if it was F22 B22 would you of done? The answer your looking for is that your 'other' VERY conscious mind inside of you looked it up for you to save you the trouble! Once it has it discreetly lets you know, without telling of its own being!

Perhaps you have experienced some traumatized experiences in your life, which you don't remember...? Do you have any noticeably 'weird' or blank spots in your memory....... Think about it, you probably do maybe even a 'fake' memory in its place.

http://www.hubpages.com/hub/The-Importance-Of-Understanding-The-Subconscious-Mind

Edited by jedimafia

The universe is very harmonic, so once you tune in there are probably a lot more sychronicites than realised.

The number 222 carries a much significance in the world of numerology . Many positive characters are attached with it like Duality, Division, Polarity, Choice, Gestation, Cooperation, Service, Harmony, Support, Waiting, Diplomacy, Patience, Psychic, Intuition, Adaptable, Empathic, Partnership, Mediator, Comparison, Receptive, Helper, Collecting, Reproduction, Balancer of Opposites, Subconscious Memory, Positive and Negative.

you only seem open to discuss what you want to hear.

selective thinking is the new bliss.screw ignorance

Edited by nognome
  • Like 1

If you put 22 0, Pythagoras held this in hight esteem ,as having special powers, in various forms of symbolism.

It's probable that your experiences of synchronicity are genuine examples of close encounters of the Jungian kind. One can't really say what kind of deep and hidden meaning the number has for you, other than being linked to so many big events in your life. The connection is there, and it surpasses, in importance, just a mere collection of strange coincidences. The blue Beetle theory doesn't apply in all cases. That's where you notice a certain make and model of car, no matter where you go, just because you notice it more than others. That's a real phenomenon, but it doesn't adequately explain each situation. Neither does the idea (quite reasonable) that you simply ignore other numbers that surround memorable circumstances.

ETA: I just glanced at my watch and saw "22" in the seconds column. I also saw an owl in a commercial while replying to your post.

I know alot about bohemian grove its pretty crazy shiz and i think ill pick that book up sounds interesting

pure coincidence, as you probably Never pay attention to the hundreds, thousands of times something more important happens, and it has Nothing to do with 222 number in any way (even though the #222 only comes up sometimes. combining 2 numbers like feb 22nd, doesnt really count).

It's probable that your experiences of synchronicity are genuine examples of close encounters of the Jungian kind. One can't really say what kind of deep and hidden meaning the number has for you, other than being linked to so many big events in your life. The connection is there, and it surpasses, in importance, just a mere collection of strange coincidences. The blue Beetle theory doesn't apply in all cases. That's where you notice a certain make and model of car, no matter where you go, just because you notice it more than others. That's a real phenomenon, but it doesn't adequately explain each situation. Neither does the idea (quite reasonable) that you simply ignore other numbers that surround memorable circumstances.

ETA: I just glanced at my watch and saw "22" in the seconds column. I also saw an owl in a commercial while replying to your post.

Thanks for the side note at the end there lol...

I realize that im getting bashed on here (and yes i set myself up for it) however, i see no reason for these strangers to actually email me and tell me to remove my posts, or call me a nut job, or tell me how "wrong" i am because i believe something they do not. I value everyones opinion, until they are rude. Its simply not needed. Thank you for your insight Dracotep. Im trying to look at this from all angles and see if perhaps it is all "in my head" as some are suggesting. While I dont believe so, its interesting to me to see how quick others are to form angry opinions. I replied to your post as it seemed the most non confrontational, and wouldnt spark a bigger argument ;-)

Thank everyone for the thoughts and ideas behind this though! Im thoroughly considering ALL of your replies...rude for no reason or not :-)

Thanks for the side note at the end there lol...

I realize that im getting bashed on here (and yes i set myself up for it) however, i see no reason for these strangers to actually email me and tell me to remove my posts, or call me a nut job, or tell me how "wrong" i am because i believe something they do not. I value everyones opinion, until they are rude. Its simply not needed. Thank you for your insight Dracotep. Im trying to look at this from all angles and see if perhaps it is all "in my head" as some are suggesting. While I dont believe so, its interesting to me to see how quick others are to form angry opinions. I replied to your post as it seemed the most non confrontational, and wouldnt spark a bigger argument ;-)

Thank everyone for the thoughts and ideas behind this though! Im thoroughly considering ALL of your replies...rude for no reason or not :-)

I don't see why your post would upset anybody. Go figure. IMO, your encounters don't fit in the bounds of average probability and statistics as most coincidences do. One can't just dismiss all anomalies out of hand, putting them in the same category. Some coincidences have a prosaic cause (the odds). Some synchronicities don't at all. It's best to compare and contrast events like these when classifying which ones could be truly paranormal. Repetition of the event, compared to a control, is one way to test the phenomenon.

• 4 years later...

Realizing this is an old post, I still feel compelled to post. This is not a silly mind trick or coincidence. Believe me there were times I wished it was. My story is actually very similar regarding reoccurring dates. It was just a running joke for a long time. I also started seeing it literally everywhere, all of the time. I get the concept of super consciousness, but being assigned the number constantly does not support that very rational theory. Even my friends who are hard core nay sayers are weirded out by it. That said I have been on a remarkable spiritual journey for some time now and truly believe my higher self and spirit guides are reminding me to keep a broad perspective. Stay positive, open minded, be kind to others. Visualize your ideal beautiful life and the valuable lessons we learn from. Don't let the souls on a different and many times lesser evolved journey bring you down or destroy your faith. It doesn't make us better or necessarily more important than anyone else. Just more aware on a different level.

Love and light. Tony

• Like 1

Now if the date you joined the forum was February 22nd 2010, that would be something. I personally think it's just how you've tuned your awareness to notice the number 22. You also have to consider that people are not bashing you, but trying to give you insight into a possible explanation of what's happening. There is a point of reading a reply for what it is and reading a reply with bias. Just because it doesn't confirm you own beliefs, doesn't mean is negative. You've got to really ride that middle ground with stuff like this.

Edited by XenoFish

M'eh, i have a similar affair with the number 27.

It's never amounted to anything truly significant, just one of those numbers that i encounter alot. :hmm:

I see 1:11, 11:11, $11.11, $111.11 all the time in clocks receipts and other places. It happens in surges off and on for about 15 years now.

I think synchronicity occurs when you either intentionally or unintentionally create as association. For instance you notice an orange cat one day, then you see another, then another. This creates a confirmation pattern that you reinforce.

There is only 10 different digits so some are going to be noticed more than others.

I mistook this unexplained mysteries site as a place of open mindedness. Clearly no one actually read my post. Super highlighting numbers is one thing, no argument there are only 10 numbers you are going to see them constantly if you are looking. ..but having the same 3 numbers being constantly assigned to you is different. Constantly..for years. I am not alone either there are thousands of people around the world experiencing the same thing. It's much more than a coincidence, that much I'm sure of. Peace out

Realizing this is an old post, I still feel compelled to post. This is not a silly mind trick or coincidence. Believe me there were times I wished it was. My story is actually very similar regarding reoccurring dates. It was just a running joke for a long time. I also started seeing it literally everywhere, all of the time. I get the concept of super consciousness, but being assigned the number constantly does not support that very rational theory. Even my friends who are hard core nay sayers are weirded out by it. That said I have been on a remarkable spiritual journey for some time now and truly believe my higher self and spirit guides are reminding me to keep a broad perspective. Stay positive, open minded, be kind to others. Visualize your ideal beautiful life and the valuable lessons we learn from. Don't let the souls on a different and many times lesser evolved journey bring you down or destroy your faith. It doesn't make us better or necessarily more important than anyone else. Just more aware on a different level.

Love and light. Tony

I mistook this unexplained mysteries site as a place of open mindedness. Clearly no one actually read my post. Super highlighting numbers is one thing, no argument there are only 10 numbers you are going to see them constantly if you are looking. ..but having the same 3 numbers being constantly assigned to you is different. Constantly..for years. I am not alone either there are thousands of people around the world experiencing the same thing. It's much more than a coincidence, that much I'm sure of. Peace out

You assume that no one read your post,but I did, and I'm pretty sure others did, too. You made a vague reference to being "assigned" numbers a few times, and said you're on a spiritual journey. How do you honestly expect anyone to learn anything about the possibility of synchronicity being a reality with a purpose from what you wrote? You mentioned you had a story; this would be the time and place to share it.

I read your post fer crying out loud. Though I admit I have no idea why 11:11 etc. keeps popping up or what it even might mean as an "assigned" number? The only thing is that when it pops up it happens when other "odd" anomolies are presenting themselves as they sometimes do. It almost feels like someone or something is saying "yes, you're not imagining these events are divine intervention". That type of thing.