Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moonville Ghost Caught?

Overdueleaf

This is a picture that a friend shared with me from the Moonville, OH tunnel. This area is supposedly haunted. There is the possibility that he has caught something of interest on this shot of the tunnel. Let me know what you think

post-129343-0-15413100-1404442424_thumb.

• Like 1

I took the photograph in question. If you have any questions, you can direct them towards me.

• Like 1

What am I meant to see in the photo? I see matrixing

• Like 3

It kind of looks like there is a humanoid figure at the end of the tunnel? Could be a person, or a tree, or even something in the foreground and it just is in the right spot so it appears to be at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1

The Moonville tunnel is a defunct railroad tunnel SpiritTraveler. The tracks were pulled in 88.

• Like 2

Nope, its a real place. Just spooky as all hell looking. It is a great place to check out. You can find lots of information about it and dozens of pictures.

Notice, how none of them have a sign there, because there is no sign.

Edited by Odins Eye

What am I meant to see in the photo? I see matrixing

If all you ever want to see is matrixing, that is all you ever will see. I'm not here to try and convince you. I'm just offering it.

You can take my word that its authentic, or you can call me a liar. I don't care either way. The picture is what it is.

That is some strange photo. Why is there a tunnel there? The tunnel doesn't seem to have a purpose. When you look through it, the end of the tunnel doesn't look like it belongs to the background woods above and past the tunnel. It looks surreal. Like it 2 photos make to look like 1. From what I can see anyway. Other than that I can't see anything paranormal. No ghosts or monsters if that's what you're asking.

What do you expect something paranormal to look like?

The Ghost Tunnel is interesting if you are backpacking through the area. It isn't all that different from any of the other train tunnels throughout the country, but worth a pic.

I don't really see anything of particular interest in this pic. If we are talking about the dark spot in the tunnel, I can't help but notice that it isn't too different from any other black dot and black line in the picture, except that they are overlapped (looking like a signpost) in a central place in the image with a contrasting area that tends to draw the eye. I haven't bothered magnifying it or anything, but if I look at it, it seems a bit like it is in front of the tunnel, not at the other end, as the "post" seems to overlap the front a bit.

Edited by aquatus1

LOL true that! The poster did say: "There is the possibility that he has caught something of interest on this shot of the tunnel. Let me know what you think". I guess I thought he meant something paranormal because this is UM. What is it that you caught in the shot that is of interest? I'd love to know. Knowing that it was once a train tunnel explains a lot to me. The tunnel did have a purpose after all. It does look like a great place to go hiking too. But I still think the photo has a surreal feel to it. Maybe that's the paranormal part LOL.

It is a great place to go hiking. A "paranormal' hike, if you will. The old railroad tracks run both ways for 5-10 miles. Its nice and flat, but densely wooded and isolated. I plan a trip there again soon.

I suppose i should have explained.

I took a photograph of the tunnel. When i took the photograph there was no one there, when i looked at the photograph there was clearly someone standing there. I'm not saying it is a ghost, i'm saying its paranormal.

If someone has an alternative explanation, or another name for a being that suddenly appears in photographs at reportedly haunted locations...i am all ears. :)

Edited by Odins Eye

I guess I thought he meant something paranormal because this is UM.

I was more influenced by the OP title: Moonville Ghost Caught?

• Like 1

I took a photograph of the tunnel. When i took the photograph there was no one there, when i looked at the photograph there was clearly someone standing there. I'm not saying it is a ghost, i'm saying its paranormal.

If someone has an alternative explanation, or another name for a being that suddenly appears in photographs..i am all ears. :)

But you are talking about the little black "sign" (for lack of a better description) by the entrance to the tunnel? Or is there something else?

Edited by aquatus1

Moonville is a ghost town in southeastern Brown Township, Vinton County, Ohio, United States. Little remains of this former mining community except a few foundations, a cemetery, and an abandoned railroad tunnel which is the subject of numerous ghost stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonville,_Ohio

well all the ingredients are there for the paranormal lovers imagination.

Of course anyone who goes there expecting to see or hoping to see ghosts will easily find them, but in reality the object will more likely be a tree in the distance or even a real living person who also happens to be visiting the tunnel (not strange when you come to think of it )

Check out google images, you will find your friend is not unique in taking this kind of picture.

2557c8a2-6fa3-4342-9520-9144626c108f.jpg

• Like 1

Moonville is a ghost town in southeastern Brown Township, Vinton County, Ohio, United States. Little remains of this former mining community except a few foundations, a cemetery, and an abandoned railroad tunnel which is the subject of numerous ghost stories.

http://en.wikipedia....Moonville,_Ohio

well all the ingredients are there for the paranormal lovers imagination.

Of course anyone who goes there expecting to see or hoping to see ghosts will easily find them, but in reality the object will more likely be a tree in the distance or even a real living person who also happens to be visiting the tunnel (not strange when you come to think of it )

Check out google images, you will find your friend is not unique in taking this kind of picture.

2557c8a2-6fa3-4342-9520-9144626c108f.jpg

I was wondering how long it would be before someone called me a liar. When in doubt, just resort to low blows.

Do your own research. There is no "sign" anywhere in the area.

If you don't want to believe the photograph is real, that is your choice. Just don't call me a liar.

I took the photograph. I've explained myself and the circumstances. If you don't want to accept it, that is fine. A friend of mine is the OP. I wanted to come and explain the situation, but i won't get pulled into a troll's net.

I hope that anyone open minded enough to understand that sometimes these things come out on film, enjoys the pic.

:st

• Like 1

I was wondering how long it would be before someone called me a liar. When in doubt, just resort to low blows.

Do your own research. There is no "sign" anywhere in the area.

If you don't want to believe the photograph is real, that is your choice. Just don't call me a liar.

Hi, where does "sign" come into it, I did not mention sign or signs?

I did NOT call you a liar, I was pointing out that there are a few photos very similar to yours and there are rational explanations.

You need to realise that when a friend of yours puts a photo like this up and mention the words "ghost caught" WITH a question mark, then we take it as a question....for the obvious reason! So the logical thing to do is answer, the result of this may be numerous different reasons, but if none of those reasons suits what you want to hear, then you really should be talking to your friend who put the QUESTION mark.

• Like 2

Hi, where does "sign" come into it, I did not mention sign or signs?

I did NOT call you a liar, I was pointing out that there are a few photos very similar to yours and there are rational explanations.

You need to realise that when a friend of yours puts a photo like this up and mention the words "ghost caught" WITH a question mark, then we take it as a question....for the obvious reason! So the logical thing to do is answer, the result of this may be numerous different reasons, but if none of those reasons suits what you want to hear, then you really should be talking to your friend who put the QUESTION mark.

I think he was reffering to a couple posts back when someone asked if he was talking about the little black sign (for lack of a better word) at the entrance of the tunnel as I didn't see you mention anything about a sign. I'll offer no criticism as this was obviously just posted for people to look and not actually discuss.

• Like 2

I think he was reffering to a couple posts back when someone asked if he was talking about the little black sign (for lack of a better word) at the entrance of the tunnel as I didn't see you mention anything about a sign. I'll offer no criticism as this was obviously just posted for people to look and not actually discuss.

I reckon the question mark fooled me and the "do your own research" . Will rewind, look at pic and pretend there was no question mark and admire the tree person paranormal activity in the background. :whistle:

• Like 2

It's a really pretty place, looks like. I'm not getting any bad vibes from it. It's hard for me to tell, but it looks like a person standing at the other end of the tunnel. If I took the photo, I might get closer to see if anyone was there and say hi.

• Like 1

i wonder why people start "haunted" rumors about the most mundane of structures?

Creepy looking house, haunted.

Basement with poor lighting and questionable aromas, haunted.

It's a tunnel.

Sigmund Freud would have an interesting theory, i'm sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find it difficult to come up with any with any conclusion due to the fact it is such a lo-res pic, all i see is compression artifacts and noise. What was this shot with?

If all you ever want to see is matrixing, that is all you ever will see. I'm not here to try and convince you. I'm just offering it.

You can take my word that its authentic, or you can call me a liar. I don't care either way. The picture is what it is.

It's an authentic picture of a guy standing in an old tunnel? Ridiculous to call this a ghost photo.

• Like 2