Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Planet X/Nibiru Believers

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46    churchanddestroy

churchanddestroy

Secretary of No State

• 3,088 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 October 2009 - 01:15 AM, said:

Don't go bringing science into this, they already KNOW the truth, and as they all know science is lies made up by the Brandenberg Group and the Illuminatus in order to further their sinister gaols.

Yeah, right, and what means do you propose to ascertain whether Nibiru exists or not. Should I call the David Icke hotline?

When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

#47    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:27 PM

View Postchurchanddestroy, on 26 October 2009 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 October 2009 - 01:15 AM, said:

Don't go bringing science into this, they already KNOW the truth, and as they all know science is lies made up by the Brandenberg Group and the Illuminatus in order to further their sinister gaols.

Yeah, right, and what means do you propose to ascertain whether Nibiru exists or not. Should I call the David Icke hotline?

Dude... Sarcasm....recognise it and love it...

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#48    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

View PostKennyB, on 16 October 2009 - 04:49 PM, said:

It's not me that's being dumb, it's you. You're taking the word of someone you don't know who might have his own agenda.

Next time you have one of Sitchin's books in your hands or have just been to his site, go look in a mirror and repeat the sentence you typed (quoted above)

#49    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

View PostLilly, on 18 October 2009 - 08:06 PM, said:

Not always...wanna buy a bridge?  :)

Can't afford to buy it but I will swap you my seat on the UFO flight to the underground base on the moon where you can ride out the Niribu passage in safety.

#50    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

View Postdigitalartist, on 30 October 2009 - 01:56 PM, said:

Next time you have one of Sitchin's books in your hands or have just been to his site, go look in a mirror and repeat the sentence you typed (quoted above)
Thats wat i,ve been trying to tell him 4 ages

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#51    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,404 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

View Postchurchanddestroy, on 26 October 2009 - 08:00 PM, said:

This is nonsense. This Nibiru/2012/Doomsday crap exemplifies the ultimate failure of a large group of human beings in the realm of rational thought. Congratulations, you are a sheep. You blindly follow whatever new-age fortune tellers tell you. You sit on the edge of your seat watching the History Channel specials about 2012, because the History Channel is OBVIOUSLY history and not in any way shape or form mass media entertainment. You get a tingly feeling running up your leg when David Icke or some other conspiracy nut talks. This 2012/Nibiru/Doomsday crap is absolutely childish. Don't you remember Y2K? What about Heavens Gate? David Koresh? The Book of Revelations? Nostradamus? There are literally hundreds of prophecies concerning the end of the world that have come and gone. And, whats that? Oh, thats right. We're still here. You conspiracy nuts are batting .000. This Nibiru crap has got to stop. The 2012 crowd literally makes Young Earth Creationists look like geniuses. "Oh the governments of the world must be hiding the evidence of Nibiru." WRONG There are thousands of observatories the world over and not all of them are run by the government. On top of that there are tens of thousands of individuals that privately observe the cosmos from the comfort of their own property, without any governmental interference whatsoever. I'd think they would have noticed something if a massive planet was headed our way. "Nibiru has a large eliptical orbit that means it only passes once ever X thousands of years" - or, in your case, a bunch of nonsense about a planetoid that does not orbit the sun yet is somehow bound to this solar system. WRONG First of all, an orbital path like the one ascribed to "Nibiru" is IMPOSSIBLE. This solar system has been around for billions of years, roughly in the ballpark of 4.5 billion years. If there WAS an object like Nibiru and if it DID follow such an orbit, that orbit would not last long. Said object would either be thrown out of the solar system or settle into a more regular orbit, like the rest of the planets. "Nibiru is a large body with a lot of gravitation." WRONG If Nibiru existed there would be detectable evidence of a gravitational disturbance coming from where you nutters say its coming from. But.. oh yeah, that's right... there are no gravitational disturbances. Because there is no such thing as Nibiru. And 2012 will come and go much the same as every other year has come and gone since the dawn of recorded history. Nothing special about it. And then there's this gem: "In addition, to recognise Nibiru would automatically mean accepting the Alien Intervention theory and dooming the theory of evolution." DEAD WRONG The theory of evolution is almost with out parallel in the realm of science (you know, that thing that actually figures out how things work, instead of guessing like a blind idiot? you should acquaint yourself with it). The theory of evolution has stood strong for nearly 200 years, longer than most other scientific theories. To disprove evolution you would have to show that allele frequencies (in laymans: genes) do NOT change from generation to generation and that these changes DONT accumulate over time to produce larger changes that diversify life, among a veritable mountain of other evidences that have shown us that the odds of evolution being wrong are so astronomically low that one post full of decimal places wouldn't do the odds justice. In no way shape or form would the existence of "Nibiru" disprove evolution. You may not be an astronomer, but I am a biology student, and it is my business to understand evolution. For you, this is clearly something you have not given any heavy intellectual consideration, although believing in Nibiru screams of that enough as it is. So, to sum up, every claim about Nibiru is easily refuted. Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Do you see a pattern here? The human brain is remarkably drawn to patterns, and I hope this pattern of clearly wrong penetrates your gray matter, if you bother to use it.

Direct and focused. Like it. Sometimes a "scorched earth" approach may be the only effective manner with which to communicate with some!

#52    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

Lovely
I want to see some ''nuts,, reply to this one

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

#53    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

View Postdanydandan, on 01 November 2009 - 09:41 AM, said:

Lovely
I want to see some ''nuts,, reply to this one

Oh but they will, the famous "There is a science conspiracy, which hides the truth from us!" will certainly be used, or a variation thereoff.

Publilius Syrus.

#54    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

I,ve been thinking all day
When PlanetX or Nibiru( or wat ever) fails to show up
Will sitchen apologise for unleashing this crap on people
And what will all the people who believe his ''theory'' have to velieve in then .What will they say , will we see a mass suicide?, a new theory to believe in ,because it is a believe , its a theory of faith there is no science backing up is claims
Will the people pedaling this ****e apologise too.?

#55    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,404 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

View Postdanydandan, on 01 November 2009 - 07:05 PM, said:

And what will all the people who believe his ''theory'' have to velieve in then .What will they say , will we see a mass suicide?, a new theory to believe in ,because it is a believe , its a theory of faith there is no science backing up is claims

Interesting thoughts. I wouldn't count on refunds or apologies! Since this recent trend started in 1968 (von Daniken), there have been a seemingly endless stream of these hucksters (Fell, Hancock, Sitchin, et.al). Many are actually reminiscent of mid 19th century mentality. Remember the "Lost Race" supposedly responsible for the North American Effigy Mounds? Similar psychology.

So I would speculate that another highly dubious proposition is waiting in the wings, ready to fill the void when the current series have run their course.

Birmingham and Eisenberg's thoughts on the matter are noteworthy;

"The popularity of Fell's version of diffusionism can be viewed as part of a general late-twentieth-century trend in which many myths of pseudo-science (UFO's for example) are gaining respect, as reflected in tabloids, magazines, books, and popular television programs. The trend was so worrisome to noted astronomer and popular science writer Carl Sagan that he devoted one of his last books to the phenomenon. In his passionate argument for a rigorous scientific perspective, Sagan warned that a people that cannot distinguish among mythology, pseudo-science and real scientific evidence stand to lose control of their basic freedoms."

"The reasons for this disturbing antiscientific trend are undoubtedly numerous and complex. Probably, like the resurgence of religious fundamentalism, they are based on the need to believe in simple truths and explanations in a world that is becoming more technologically complex and less understandable" (Birmingham, Robert A. and Eisenberg, Leslie E. 2000:61)

#56    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

View Postdanydandan, on 01 November 2009 - 07:05 PM, said:

No apologies, Sitchin and his followers will just claim the calculations were in error and that a later date is when it will actually happen.  One candidate for that later date is in an article discussed in this thread http://www.unexplain...howtopic=167830 .

#57    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

View Postdigitalartist, on 02 November 2009 - 03:18 PM, said:

No apologies, Sitchin and his followers will just claim the calculations were in error and that a later date is when it will actually happen.  One candidate for that later date is in an article discussed in this thread http://www.unexplain...howtopic=167830 .

And please don't go and blame Sitchin's course and date reversal on me, I just provided the article  :w00t:

Publilius Syrus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users