Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

TSA to allow small knives on US flights

tsa snall knives flights passengers blades

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,321 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 06 March 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

The TSA and Department of Homeland Insecurity are just a bunch of brain damaged idiots.

And....welcome to the watch list :gun:

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,058 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Seems sensible.   Cockpits are securely locked now right?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

how is the TSA going to stay relevent if nobody tries too or does hijack a plane? cut them some slack they got kids to feed. if this dosen't work the blade length will get longer until the problem is corrected.

Edited by MiskatonicGrad, 08 March 2013 - 03:34 AM.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#19    aztek

aztek

Government Agent

• 4,358 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 March 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

how is the TSA going to stay relevent if nobody tries too or does hijack a plane? cut them some slack they got kids to feed. if this dosen't work the blade length will get longer until the problem is corrected.

lol, you mean untill someone tries too or does hijack a plane?

Edited by aztek, 08 March 2013 - 04:36 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#20    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,138 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostThanato, on 06 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

To be honest, this makes sence, the odds that a Yankee flight will be hijacked again with the same results is highly unlikely.

To date the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#21    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,141 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

View Postacidhead, on 08 March 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

To date the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist.

To date, a well-armed, guarded jewelry store with 200 millions dollars in jewels haven't caught a single would-be theif.

So, should we send the guards home?

What might happen then?

Edited by pallidin, 08 March 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,383 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

Fascinating stuff.  I fly a lot (or at least use to -- I may be obliged to retire soon because of my health).  Asian airlines seem more efficient at this, or at least have more people so they can get you through the lines faster, although one time in Norita I had an inordinately long wait when they only had one machine working.

I don't think it is just in the US where silly things happen "according to the rules"  I mentioned earlier having my toenail clippers confiscated.  This happened in Bangkok, and I filled out a form so they could be mailed to me, but I never got them.  (English is strange -- here we have a single thing -- finger nail clippers -- that is treated like a plural noun).

I remember one time being asked to turn on my computer, and it wouldn't.  After about ten minutes of fussing the guard gave up and told me to go on anyway.  This happened in Kansas City.

We unfortunately live in times where things like this are going to steadily increase.  It is inconvenient and sometimes stupid, but in general I accept the need.

Edited by Frank Merton, 08 March 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#23    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,138 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 March 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Fascinating stuff.  I fly a lot (or at least use to -- I may be obliged to retire soon because of my health).  Asian airlines seem more efficient at this, or at least have more people so they can get you through the lines faster, although one time in Norita I had an inordinately long wait when they only had one machine working.

I don't think it is just in the US where silly things happen "according to the rules"  I mentioned earlier having my toenail clippers confiscated.  This happened in Bangkok, and I filled out a form so they could be mailed to me, but I never got them.

I remember one time being asked to turn on my computer, and it wouldn't.  After about ten minutes of fussing the guard gave up and told me to go on anyway.  This happened in Kansas City.

We unfortunately live in times where things like this are going to steadily increase.  It is inconvenient and sometimes stupid, but in general I accept the need.

View Postpallidin, on 08 March 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

To date, a well-armed, guarded jewelry store with 200 millions dollars in jewels haven't caught a single would-be theif.

What might happen then?

right..... I forgot... freedom for safety.... It's to keep us safe from those who are the evil doers.

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,383 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

View Postacidhead, on 08 March 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

right..... I forgot... freedom for safety.... It's to keep us safe from those who are the evil doers.
I don't think a delay here and some inconvenience there, especially as it is getting less and less as they work out the kinks, is any particular loss of freedom.

#25    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,138 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

You are a good slave Frank.

#26    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Im excited about bringing hockey sticks back onto the airplanes. I miss the days of a good hockey game in flight.

#27    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postpallidin, on 08 March 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

What might happen then?

Yep, we should send most of them home. You do realize that the terrorists who HAVE been caught since the reign of the TSA have been caught by flight crew? Did you know the TSA put the shoe bomber on that plane after the flight and gate crew told them repeatedly that they didn't want anything to do with him and didn't want him on the flight? The flight crew recognized he was a problem. but the TSA and all their acting and theater and idiocy STILL put him on that flight.

Go back to pre-911 flight security protocols. They were fine. 11 years ago the FAA made the changes that improved safety already.... they put in the hardened locked cockpit doors and armed some of their pilots. They also retrained all their flight staff to take a terrorist/hijacker down rather than complying with them. Passengers today also know to get up and kick some ass if they see some nutcake running around with a box cutter! No one sits quietly and submits to these nutcakes anymore.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#28    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,141 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

As the TSA continue's to relax it's position, I have no doubt of another airline tragedy.

#29    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,053 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postpallidin, on 09 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

As the TSA continue's to relax it's position, I have no doubt of another airline tragedy.

I seriously doubt that. Do you know why the 911 terrorists/hijackers were successful in the first place? Do you really know? I do.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 10 March 2013 - 02:15 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users