Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pain and Gain; Do Nice People Finish Last?

behavioralist

One of the oldest clear associations in psychology is between abuse in early years and psychotic behavior.

One of the clearest assumptions of the masses is that psychotic behavior is a failure-trait; that success is accordingly a rational trait, so that politics is a comprehensive aptitude rather than a narrow and obsessive-compulsive one.

The following is a psychology challenge, psychology being an exceptionally clear awareness of how people and their relationships work.

Which of the two people described below is more committed to all three of these institutions: family, religion and state?

The man who was, as a child, first abused by his father, then abused by the local religious leader, and then abused by a ranking policeman.

or,

the man whose presence in the home, while growing up, at some age before he graduated from school began to titillate one of his parents who tried to keep it covert, even from the child, while exploiting it (a normal family, in other words: "forbidden fruit" to only one parent while approaching puberty, if puberty did not arrive too early to be appreciated), and who went to the religious services but never knew the clergy socially, and had no encounters with the police, but just saw them as a uniformed presence in the community?

• Like 1

I always believe that man is educated first at home. Thus, whatever value, character, and attitude he has is shaped and honed mostly at home.

• 4 weeks later...

Yet, sometimes those who refuse to believe psychotic tendancy is a failure trait tend to do better than the so called normals.

Competition leads to two forms of success: servile and dominant. The determination of role is Superiority Complex: those who compete well more fairlyand therefore more overtly must serve those they would otherwise find inferior for competing poorly and counting on covert means.I get an A in science, and the guy I'll be working for gets an A in blacking my Eyes and never getting expelled for it, as I would be if I blacked his Eyes.