Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

morbid old lady!

scary legend monster ghost

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

i do apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but have any of you herd of or experienced this, im talking about a very creepy old lady that cries in a high pitch voice that perches on the end of your bed and stares at you with horrifying red eyes black gowns wrinkly face with razor shapr teeth, i have experienced this once and i know of another person who has as well, alot of people say she visits during sleep paralasis and others say its when you go to bed scared and thinking about monsters or ghosts, she apperently feeds in fear and when you see her she never leaves, i for one have not seen her since but the other person i know says she whispers in your ear, she says her name and describes in detail how shell torture and mame you while your sleeping to induce nightmares to feed off your fear. does this sound like a mythical creature recorded somewhere in history anyways serious opinions please and pm me if you have experienced her awful presence

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#2    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,271 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

It could be this - a version of sleep paralysis called Old Hag Syndrome:
http://paranormal.ab...ag-Syndrome.htm

Edited by little_dreamer, 24 June 2013 - 11:29 PM.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 24 June 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

It could be this - a version of sleep paralysis called Old Hag Syndrome:
http://paranormal.ab...ag-Syndrome.htm
thanx alot perfect source!

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

sleep paralysis is no joke

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

no doubt

#6    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

If thats whats usually seen when a person experiences sleep paralysis, would it be considered an urban legend? My uncle said that he's experienced sleep paralysis and his eyes are open and he can hear someone coming into his room. Then this shadowy figure approaches his bed and strangles him. :o

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#7    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 26 June 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

If thats whats usually seen when a person experiences sleep paralysis, would it be considered an urban legend? My uncle said that he's experienced sleep paralysis and his eyes are open and he can hear someone coming into his room. Then this shadowy figure approaches his bed and strangles him. :o
wow thats horifying

#8    Allterspace

Allterspace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

I suffer sleep paralysis about every other night. I have seen a hag or reaper floating above me, looking straight in my eyes, Wearing a robe. The scariest part of my experiences was in my early twenties when not much was televised about the disorder. But now knowing what the issue is, the problem is alot easier to deal with.

In my twenties the episode would last for what felt like a half hour. Pinned to the mattress with no way to move, yell, and sometimes hard to breath. One night I had it so bad I woke several times just to fall back asleep and start all over again. I even went to the bathroom and fell right back into it shortly after. It seems to happen more and more frequently the more worn out I get. Of couse it only makes beening worn out increase do to not being able to sleep properly.

Although it started in my early twenties, I'm thirty and it has become more visual. I have overcome the paralysis aspect and now am able to wake myself up. The visions are very strong. Even enough to make me stand up in the bed and try to climb the walls. Even though I know I suffer from this, I still am caught off guard everytime it happens. Most of my visions now involve bugs. One night I seen coral snakes falling onto the bed around me from the light shade on the ceiling. I tried to climb the walls until my wife calmed me down. Another vision I see and hear is shadows around the bed. They make noise moving around until I throw on the lights they dissapear. The episodes only last about 20 seconds till I fully wake up but feel like a lifetime.

knowing what I know now from reading on this site and other places it is alot easier to deal with. I hope others have been helped by the posts on this site as well.

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostAllterspace, on 27 June 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

I suffer sleep paralysis about every other night. I have seen a hag or reaper floating above me, looking straight in my eyes, Wearing a robe. The scariest part of my experiences was in my early twenties when not much was televised about the disorder. But now knowing what the issue is, the problem is alot easier to deal with.

In my twenties the episode would last for what felt like a half hour. Pinned to the mattress with no way to move, yell, and sometimes hard to breath. One night I had it so bad I woke several times just to fall back asleep and start all over again. I even went to the bathroom and fell right back into it shortly after. It seems to happen more and more frequently the more worn out I get. Of couse it only makes beening worn out increase do to not being able to sleep properly.

Although it started in my early twenties, I'm thirty and it has become more visual. I have overcome the paralysis aspect and now am able to wake myself up. The visions are very strong. Even enough to make me stand up in the bed and try to climb the walls. Even though I know I suffer from this, I still am caught off guard everytime it happens. Most of my visions now involve bugs. One night I seen coral snakes falling onto the bed around me from the light shade on the ceiling. I tried to climb the walls until my wife calmed me down. Another vision I see and hear is shadows around the bed. They make noise moving around until I throw on the lights they dissapear. The episodes only last about 20 seconds till I fully wake up but feel like a lifetime.

knowing what I know now from reading on this site and other places it is alot easier to deal with. I hope others have been helped by the posts on this site as well.

If you're having such frequent episodes, you might want to consult a sleep center and have some testing done.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,387 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 26 June 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

When I had my one episode, I was sleeping on a couch in an old house my Dad was renovating.  I woke up, couldn't move, had trouble breathing, all of the light in the room were glowing this dim yellow glow, and an old painting of a Victorian woman on the wall had glowing red eyes.  Oddly enough, I wasn't scared because I was able to somehow realize that it was simply sleep paralysis.

If you ever have a sleep study done, the doctor will generally walk through a questionnaire with you asking about things that have happened to you in your sleep and if you've seen aliens, entities, old women, demons, etc.

It's just how our brain works.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#11    Allterspace

Allterspace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Your right I should have a study done. Your not the first to tell me that. I think I will just because I would enjoy a more restful night of sleep. thank you.

#12    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,871 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Yup old hag.how come she is not a hot 24 year old blonde lol

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Thankfully Iv never had sleep paralysis, my nightmares are bad enough but to have my eyes open and be seeing these things that takes it to a whole new level. I wonder If you can die from nightmares or SP

#14    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 28 June 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Yup old hag.how come she is not a hot 24 year old blonde lol
if only

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Like I know your brain shuts down your body when you sleep so that you don't actually act out your dreams is that what happens with SP only your mind is awake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users