Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. planned to blow up the MOON

sean6

Funny thing: my father told a story about Apollo 13 and how the explosion on it was really caused by it being shot upon by an alien ship all because the Americans were going to detonate an atomic bomb on the moon to see what would happen....Now, my father is quite the conspiracy theorist and I took this as a bunch of hooey. Maybe there was some truth in it? Hee Hee

• Like 1

Even the Tsar Bomba 100 megatons, would only make a crater and throw up a lot of dust. The idea was to impress the Russians by getting there first. They wanted to provide a light show...glad they thought it through and decided against it. Crazy breeds crazier....

• Like 2

Better to let Iran and Syria arm the Palestinians and let the Israelis just die?

Remind me to never count on you as a friend if i ever need help protecting myself.

War in the region doesnt have to happen, the Palestinians could simply stop blowing up buses and launching mortars into Israel.

I'm starting to see a common theme to your posts.

No matter what the topic, America is the problem, Americans are bad.

You seem to suffer from a severe case of White guilt.

Let it go, unless you personally harmed another; what hapopened in the past is not your responsibility.

I never dealt in slaves, i never killed Indians, i am not going to let it bother me.

Other nations have done worse and i dont hold their people today responsible for the crimes of their ancestors.

I am going to make an assumption here, but i would imagine you are a Democrat and voted for Obama.

Posts like yours are quite common among the Obama crowd that believes a debt is owed because they were born white.

Um,WE ARM ISRAEL . So we can fight Iran and Syria,while both sides die . Women and children .DUH (suck on that boony).

Spare me your white guilt speech . Our government has made it,so that people in Russia and Cuba ,HAVE MORE FREEDOMS THAN AMERICANS .

Americans on no fly lists,Americans forced to pat downs and idiotic machines that aren't safe to walk thru at all our airports. Forced vaccinations .

Chipping .

NDAA ,CISPA .

All funded by the rich ,who use the tax payers here like fodder.

Then the public believes the propaganda lies they flood the news with.

Maybe I'm just to smart to believe all the lies everyone else is content to take at face value,lest it ruin their little red white and blue lies.

This *was* a great country,but turning a blind eye to all the facts,of which that is a minute amount ,as to how this county got to where it is ,make you just as guilty as the rest of the white supremacists running it all.

*rolls eyes*

As I said,I think,with the martial laws encroachment,it would be great to move.

But even Mexico has stricter immigration laws than the USA .

So gosh ,its kind of hard to get out of here without getting married to a stranger .

Not my bag .

So now go clean your guns,and wash all your flannel shirts. load the gun rack on your truck ,and pledge allegiance ,but you are just as vulnerable to everything they will do to us in the future ,to keep their pockets lined ,and us in line .

And I do not like Obama at all .If you really looked at my posts ,you would have gotten that .He was just better than the other guy .

As I have said,Obama nuked three amendments ,ans gave Monsanto omnipotent power by signing codex alimentarius into effect.

Read my posts a little more closely ,and you will really get what I'm about .

Freedom to choose .

Pure food,good medicine ,fair and equal rights.

Not ANYTHING they've done to us since 911. As most of it is totally unnecessary.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Sheesh.... I should have read this article sooner. Interesting comments.

The title of this article is misleading, right after, "US PLANNED TO BLOW UP THE MOON!!!" It says,

" Scientists were hoping for giant flash on the moon that would intimidate the Soviet Union. Aim of mission was to launch the nuke by 1959. Plan was later scrapped due to possible danger to people on Earth".

A lot less threatening than the former...lol

But the US DID bomb the moon, NASA's LCROSS lunar impact mission.

" Last year (2009) on October 9, NASA's LCROSS (Lunar Crater Remote Observation and Sensing Satellite) intentionally crashed its companion Centaur upper stage into the Cabeus crater near the lunar south pole. The idea was to kick up debris from the bottom of the crater so its composition could be analyzed. The Centaur hit at over 5,600 miles per hour, sending up a plume of material over 12 miles high. "

They don't come right out and say it but the centaur was a missile. So, we (the US with some help from allies) r really did bomb the moon.

And guess what... the Earth and her inhabitants are still here.

Read about it: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/lro-lcross-impact.html

Edited by Lava_Lady

You may want to seriously do some research before laying false statements out there for all to see.

Americans at no time in History EVER sailed to Africa to hunt slaves and bring them to America.

Slaves from Africa were sold to the Dutch/European traders by other blacks in Africa.

Mostly from rival tribes.

Africans sold their own people into slavery!

The Dutch and othe European ships then brought the slaves to the colonies where they were purchased by Americans.

Buying them was bad enough but get your facts straight about how they got here.

Other nations that you and your ilk feel are morally superior to the USA are not all good moral nations.

Umm,you may want to check the dates,as essentially ,there were no Americans when the slaves were captured .

We were still under the crown ,so those Europeans you mentioned ,were,umm,still us ,and how we bought and sold humans continued well into the 19th century .

And how Africa deals with slavery isnt even in the mix here. They still enslave people over there,but its them,doing it to themselves.

• Like 1

Sheesh.... I should have read this article sooner. Interesting comments.

The title of this article is misleading, right after, "US PLANNED TO BLOW UP THE MOON!!!" It says,

" Scientists were hoping for giant flash on the moon that would intimidate the Soviet Union. Aim of mission was to launch the nuke by 1959. Plan was later scrapped due to possible danger to people on Earth".

A lot less threatening than the former...lol

But the US DID bomb the moon, NASA's LCROSS lunar impact mission.

" Last year (2009) on October 9, NASA's LCROSS (Lunar Crater Remote Observation and Sensing Satellite) intentionally crashed its companion Centaur upper stage into the Cabeus crater near the lunar south pole. The idea was to kick up debris from the bottom of the crater so its composition could be analyzed. The Centaur hit at over 5,600 miles per hour, sending up a plume of material over 12 miles high. "

They don't come right out and say it but the centaur was a missile. So, we (the US with some help from allies) r really did bomb the moon.

And guess what... the Earth and her inhabitants are still here.

Read about it: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/lro-lcross-impact.html

If they don't come right out and say it...then you are just speculating that it was a missle...correct?

Leaving aside the political propaganda issues of such an act the scientific gains could have been interesting. I wonder how deep the blast crater would have been. Would it have been deep enough to prove or disprove the "Hollow Moon Theory" :unsure2: ..... Maybe it would have just annoyed the moon people and they would have retaliated :alien::gun:

nb. I personally don't ascribe to the Hollow Moon Theory... but I wouldn't rule it out 100%... 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% against maybe

oh and the gentlemen that stole my parking place, I should hunt him down too

I wouldn't hound his descendants, but if he refused to move I would let his tyres down while he was gone... ;)

I'm sorry, I read this line in the OP and just fell about laughing... :w00t: just like this actually!!

"Washington, Nov. 26 (ANI): The U.S. had planned to blow up the moon with a nuclear bomb in the 1950s."

Firstly: neither the USA nor Russia had ANYTHING even slightly, remotely, capable of "Blowing up the Moon". They still don't. The largest Nuke ever developed and actually exploded was a mere 50Mtons (by the USSR), did you feel the power??

What a stupid post...IMO

That's true, but the moon is also much smaller than the earth. I do agree that they can't blow it up, but unforeseen consequences may have happened, hence them not going through with it.

That's true, but the moon is also much smaller than the earth. I do agree that they can't blow it up, but unforeseen consequences may have happened, hence them not going through with it.

Yeah. On the order of 3500 km across. That is like saying you're going to drop a backpack nuke on Kansas City and the entire continent of North America (roughly 3500 km by 3500 km) is going to simply slide beneath the waters.

The article is sensationalism, since there could be no Plan to Blow Up the Moon, since it is an impossible task. Like sending a drilling rig to the molten core of the Earth, or stacking metal barrels up into space.

The idea of shooting a nuke at the Moon as a show of technology sounds fine to me. The nuclear material is probably not going to affect anyone. What.... are the lunar animals and plants going to be affected? Are the human cities on the Moon going to get irradiated? No, because no one lives there and there are no animals or plants. It is actually safer then simply detonating a nuke in space. Since the Moons gravity would pull debris back to the surface, and a nuke in space would simply create a untrackable radioactive cloud.

A crazy funfact is that several of the people posting on this thread, saying that this would have been horrible are the same people supporting Iran building their own A-Bombs!!

The people who say, "Who knows what this could do the the Moon and Earth", are the same who are saying the various supercolliders are going to create black holes and swallow up the Earth... conspiricy theorists or simply scientifically naive/ignorant people.

I Love America by Alice Cooper

I love that mountain with those four big heads

I love Velveeta slapped on Wonder Bread

I love a commie... if'n he's good and dead, yup

I love America

I love Old Glory and homemade pie

I think them Ruskies should be sterilized

I love my chicken Kentucky Fried...

Finger Lickin' Good!

Hey there, this is A.B. Cooper from

Cooper's Carnival of Clean and Classic Cars

It's our Fourth of July ... sale.

Here at Cooper's Carnival of Clean and Classic Cars

At the corner of Collins and Commerce

I've got lot full of the finest funny looking cars money can buy

At prices even you can afford

So come on down and say hello to me, and granny

And bring the kids to meet my snake

I say, "bye"

Granny says, "bye"

and the snake says, "sssssssssss"

I love General Patton in World War II

My Pocket Fisherman and my Crazy Glue

I love the Beav and Wally too, yeah

I love America

I love the bomb, hot dogs and mustard

I love my girl, but I sure don't trust her

I love what the Indians did to Custer

I love America

Here they come!

There they go!

I love my jeans and I love my hair

I love a real tight skirt and a real nice pair

And on the fourth of July, I love the rockets' red glare

I love America

I watch the A-Team every Tuesday night

I graduated, but I ain't to bright

I love Detroit 'cause I was born to fight

I love America

I love the Tigers but I hate the Mets

I ride my Hog but I race my Vette

I gotta job, but hell I'm still in debt

I love America

I love my bar and I love my truck

I'd do most anything to make a buck

I love a waitress who loves to... flirt!

They're the best kind

I love America

Turn me on

Well, I gotta go now

I love America

Bye Bye, I tell you what though, I really do love it

You ain't going to catch me at no mayday rally

• Like 1

Why don't we just blow-up Iran instead... it's easier, a lot closer and far more threatening :passifier:

• Like 1

Why don't we just blow-up Iran instead... it's easier, a lot closer and far more threatening :passifier:

:tu:

• Like 1

Hey, I've lived and been to other countries, America ain't that bad.

I'm not for blowing stuff up tho.

Right now anyway. I'm kinda live and let live as long as you leave me alone and nobody's hurting anyone else person.

Is that a sentence?

I dunno.

I like Canadians and the Brits loads, but I'm happy where I am. Damn the Brits have the best tv and Trailer Park Boys rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

-Sir...Are your suggesting we blow up the moon?

-Would you miss it? Would miss it?

Though a nuclear detonation's effect on the moon would vary.

The would be planet wide effects of not having a moon...anymore.

The tidal forces will go crazy without the Moon to stabilize the tides and sea levels dramatically change. The Moon holds importance to the balance of nature on Earth, therefore we need the Moon...I hate to see someone use the Moon as a nuclear testing ground, like humans devastated our planet now have to go onto other worlds to ruin them? Thank goodness the US government scrapped the idea of testing A-bombs on the Moon.

It is old wives tale the Moon regulates women's menstrual cycles because they occur every 28-29 days alike the Lunar month, but scientifically impossible for the Moon to influence human bodies. We may hear of Lunacy during full moon nights when more babies are born, fires occurred and criminal activity increases according to data taken around times of the full moon. And astrology puts the Moon in high prominence au pair the Sun.

timestamp='[/color]1354058998' post='4556611']Like this -> http://www.thesun.co...le4667882.ece

The Sun is like Fox News and The Daily Mail.. Meaning, they will print any old garbage ...

Very good morning Everyone, hey 'Beckys Mom'!, I'm sorry for you but this was actually a fact, but not to nuke the moon but to nuke buildings (a non-terrestrial non-U.S. base) on it, PROOFS:

http[/color]://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPj770-AtQ

(full, 40+ minutes)

2003 Spanish TV/video documentary of almost 50 minutes by Spaniard ufologist Juan José Benítez, better known in the UFO Spanish-speaking world as J.J. Benítez, produced by himself, et al, from his TV series 'Planeta Encantado', first aired live for the national TV of Spain back in that 2003 http://es.wikipedia....n_Española_I-Z

This video of ruins on the Moon (in which also J.J. disclosed that president Kennedy was to tell the American people secrets about the moon, which was one of the reasons also that he was assassinated, according to this insider met by Benítez) was given to him by an whistle blower (who asked J.J. to remain anonymous for his own personal, & general, safety) who worked in NASA, who contacted Juanjo to tell him his story of what he knew about these moon ruins, to be nuked due to 'national security' (as always), & that several Forumites here (for example) already know & have shared that NASA astronauts during decades have even seen NON-TERRESTRIAL personal beings in Space & on our moon; more details in the video above, I haven't found it translated into English in YouTube, where one can find almost anything even widespread CENSURE (as you well know, 'Beckys Mom' :)), The Daily Mail being an officially acknowledged mainstream media outlet, that mixes lies & facts as always, and yes The Sun is a tabloid, but even astronaut Edgar Mitchell has been therein Haha!.

And let the Wikipedia tell the lies it has in its entry for Juanjo, it's compromised w/ the establishment of the worldwide iniquitous-Conspiracy. :):hmm:.

Edited by Ely

i meant: in its entry of Juanjo, & also of all other wiki entries about UM-related topics!. Lies & lies everywhere there!

Ermmm and how exactley would the us "blow up the moon" this article is as daft as the people who belived it!

No nuclear bomb on the planet is capable of destroying the moon.