Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Must the GOP "refudiate" Dubya

sear

The "get tough" GOP championed their uncompromising positions on illegal immigrants. And the Democrats got the majority of the Hispanic vote.

The "get tough" GOP championed their morality stance about opposition to a woman's right to OB/GYN procedures. And the Democrats got the majority of the female vote.

The "get tough" GOP championed their extremist Senate candidates; and to the surprise of many, failed to take control of the U.S. Senate.

The "get tough" GOP leadership boasted his obstructionist ambition:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-house-appears-to-want-to-shame-the-shameless-mitch-mcconnell-and-company/

and not only did McConnell (R-KY) fail at his own self-proclaimed "single most important thing we want to achieve". He left Governor Romney an also-ran.

At long last the GOP, as indicated by the recent CPAC, seems to have an inkling change is needed.

QUESTION:

Does the change the GOP has to make to regain some political relevance have to include a "refudiation" of the administration of the younger President Bush?

Does the GOP have to admit that the U.S. military invasion of and occupation of Iraq was wrong; before it can start winning significant political elections again?

I think all it really goes to show is that America has more moderates than extremists.

Maybe the GOP could try to find common ground with middle of the road folks, and stop pandering to a shrinking number of loud mouths.

One should always do what one's enemies recommend. Romney was on track to win until he stupidly swung to the middle and lost his base. If the base would've turned out, Obama would've lost big. He lost votes in nearly every category and his turnout was lower but running a guy who changes tack with every breath of wind energizes no one.

• Like 1

One should always do what one's enemies recommend. Romney was on track to win until he stupidly swung to the middle and lost his base. If the base would've turned out, Obama would've lost big. He lost votes in nearly every category and his turnout was lower but running a guy who changes tack with every breath of wind energizes no one.

I agree and I would add that the US may actually be leaning farther to the left. In either case it is imperative that the Republicans remain true to conservative values. They will never be able to "out Democrat" the Democrats. If the Republican party stops being conservative it will die in a decade.
  • Like 1

I agree and I would add that the US may actually be leaning farther to the left. In either case it is imperative that the Republicans remain true to conservative values. They will never be able to "out Democrat" the Democrats. If the Republican party stops being conservative it will die in a decade.

Absolutely! GW tried to get the other side to like him and it was a disaster. One of teh biggest lost oppportunities we ever had and I donm't think I was ever more disaapointed than when he purt his arm around that criminal Ted Kennedy and said go ahead and fix eductaion. Screw the democrats, screw the press which is nothing more than the PR dept. for the DNC and stop playing to the middle. Polls show that 46% consider themselves conservative and barely 30% consider themselves liberal.

• Like 1

I know with a lot of my views people would consider me a "conservative" republican, but I don't really associate myself with one party or another. Both are part of the problem in my eyes. There is no two party system. Only a one party system. I mean of ALL the conservative republicans out there, they chose Romney to run for President? :unsure2:

I guess what my grand-dad used to say is true. You can take a jack*** out the field and dress him up, but in the end he is STILL a jack***.