Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

new scuba mask creates its own oxygen

spartan max2

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGirl

• A rather obscure Bassoon

• spartan max2

• DecoNoir

Doesn't sound terribly far fetched, though I do wonder what advantage it would have over current rebreather models. Other than portability.

sounds great until you click the link in that link and find out why it can't work.

otherwise, how convenient would that be?!

Sounds too good to be true but I am not a scuba diver so I wouldn't know if it was feasible or not.

It´s just a concept now and I´m sure that the technology isn´t ready yet to realize the tool as presented.

I dont know that it could process enough O2 to sustain a human underwater....

a rebreather, having said that, I know of one that fits in a warm water bottle, but I have not seen any that fit in a mask.

While it does seem quite cool, I don't think it's really as useful as is being promoted.

1) It collects oxygen, not atmosphere. Breathing pure oxygen when submerged is quite dangerous. It would only be useful when used in conjunction with a larger tank of other gases to dilute the oxygen to atmospheric levels.

2) How long does the battery last? If it is being used to power a pump, even a micro-pump, I can't see it as having a very viable charge duration.

So, not only is it a fictional concept, it’s also not even an ORIGINAL fictional concept.

'Nuff said.