Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of The Beast

Staari

Everyone knows about "the mark of the beast". But the Bible doesnt tell us what it really is except:

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Some say:

An invisible, coded tattoo, discernible only by high-tech equipment or some kind of X-ray.

Also the bible sais those who dont accept it will die..... er is this some kind of goverment thing thats going to come??? Would they actually do this???

The diabolic brand mark of an evil spirit.

Now how can this be? If I dont accept the diabolic brand mark of an evil spirit its going to kill me????

A computerised society in which all business transactions will be done by credit cards.

Oh oh if its credit cards on its own im so screwed big time!!! Business transactions ...... I dont own one ..... yet!

A silicon identity chip inserted under the skin. etc. etc.

Now here we might have something .... maybe a person with a bar code??? Ive heard a few years or months ago (cant remember when) that they were planning on doing this .... didnt follow it up so dont know if this has started! But it might be it.

Another version ive heard computer ..... the right hand for the mouse and the head (third eye) for the screen

This one doesnt make sense to me but yet again most theories dont.

And another thing .... "for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six".

To my understanding man was created on the 6th day ... Saturday right?

six hundred ... 600

threescore????? ... 3 and 3 = 6

6 .... well ....

Is this how they found it? or is the number 666 incorrect? I ask because I found a site saying that the number is in actual fact 616 ..... *shrug*

Does anyone have any idea what It could be? And when its going to come? Is it here? etc.

Any other theories and comments are welcome.

~*~

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staari

• randomhit10

• Paranormalcy

• brave_new_world

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it was anything it would be the Verichip which conveniently is placed in the right hand or forehead. Whoever made that was either trying to bring about Bible Prophecy or trying to cause a bit of a stir.

The number though is actually 616 and it's just Hebrew numerology to work out the name. Hebrew letters all equal numbers from 1-10, 10-100, 100-400.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Well if it was anything it would be the Verichip which conveniently is placed in the right hand or forehead. Whoever made that was either trying to bring about Bible Prophecy or trying to cause a bit of a stir.

The number though is actually 616 and it's just Hebrew numerology to work out the name. Hebrew letters all equal numbers from 1-10, 10-100, 100-400.

the verichip is a real possibility...the problem was how to power the chip...a small generator has been invented that sits right beside it under the skin and uses your body heat to make power...all about the size of a grain of rice...where is the best place to put them? back of hand or forehead because both spots have the most heat...the company history has a real story also...the chip had been around for a while but no way to power..the company went in bankrupcy and at the last minute the generator was invented and the company was "brought back to life from a mortal wound" (mortal wound being financial bankruptcy that would completely destroy the company and possibly the chip with it). no one knows for sure from who and where the anti-christ will emerge. anyway, i thought you find this interesting.

randomhit10

The MotB could also likely be considered a metaphor, according to some biblical scholars - with the mark not being ON your head but IN it - in your mind, and in your right hand, the "normal/active" hand with which you perform daily life - in this interpretation, the mark of the beast would simply be behavior, intent and action.

according to revalations he will come out of the middle east and make peace there. he will be able to do miricles and things that only jesus could do, or so the people think. he will then be hailed as the messiah. jesus. there will be 3-1/2 years of peace and then all heck will break out. the people will have to worship him and recieve the mark or die. we will have to make a choice. the anti-christ or jesus. if you do not have the mark you cannot buy food, gas, or anything. that is one of the ways the devil thinks he can get people to come over to his side.if you can make it thru the last 3-1/2 years without starving or being put to death for your beliefs then jesus comes back and defeats the anti-chist. so we can either pick the devil while he has control and die with him or declare our belief in christ and have everlasting life with him. i choose the latter. as for is it happening now. this is my opinion so noboby go balistic, but i think the anti-chist is alive. i think it will happen in our life time. i hope i am wrong because of the terribe things that will happen. but the inportant thing to remember is to be ready for whatever comes. i dont want to scare anybody. just my opinion

the verichip is a real possibility...the problem was how to power the chip...a small generator has been invented that sits right beside it under the skin and uses your body heat to make power...all about the size of a grain of rice...where is the best place to put them? back of hand or forehead because both spots have the most heat...the company history has a real story also...the chip had been around for a while but no way to power..the company went in bankrupcy and at the last minute the generator was invented and the company was "brought back to life from a mortal wound" (mortal wound being financial bankruptcy that would completely destroy the company and possibly the chip with it). no one knows for sure from who and where the anti-christ will emerge. anyway, i thought you find this interesting.

randomhit10

I'm sorry randomhit....I have to disagree with you.....I can think of a couple other spots that are warmer then the forehead and the back of the hand.

The MotB could also likely be considered a metaphor, according to some biblical scholars - with the mark not being ON your head but IN it - in your mind, and in your right hand, the "normal/active" hand with which you perform daily life - in this interpretation, the mark of the beast would simply be behavior, intent and action.

Bingo!

This could very well be ... its alot like the mouse and screen thingie I mentioned ....

as for is it happening now. this is my opinion so noboby go balistic, but i think the anti-chist is alive. i think it will happen in our life time.

Some time ago about 2 years ago there was tales coming from the east that there was a Jesus doing miricles .... It reached us in SA ... but that was the last I heard of it .... Obviously people are going overboard with this whole thing because if it is as you said ... people will suffer because of their beliefs .... that hasnt happened yet .... I think.

I'm sorry randomhit....I have to disagree with you.....I can think of a couple other spots that are warmer then the forehead and the back of the hand.

I have to agree with you but mebe its what jpatt was trying to get at .... "with the mark not being ON your head but IN it - in your mind, and in your right hand, the "normal/active" hand with which you perform daily life". However that chip thingie has come out and even babies carry the thing now ..... maybe it is that ???

~*~

Something that just occurred to me as I read a bit in William James' "Varieties of Religious Experience", that I think applies to this (as well as all other) religious concept - namely that 'categorizing', identifying and/or otherwise boiling a religious or sacred text or concept down to its essence, is not intended to DETRACT from it, but to actually encourage its merit, to make it available to a wider range of people for whom the original form or medium may have been too obscure for them to gain nourishment. Saying this or that chapter or concept from a sacred text, or even the entire text, can be considered metaphorically or taken rather as an instructive lesson in abstract imagery, rather than a dogmatic presentation of concrete literalism, in no way HAS to necessarily weaken, disprove or in any other way threaten the message or intent and function of the divine idea itself.

The mark of the beast....... It is our our own egos. As long as we adhere to the mind and it's active ways we will be prisoners in our own beliefs, like beasts in a cage!

The mark of the beast....... It is our our own egos. As long as we adhere to the mind and it's active ways we will be prisoners in our own beliefs, like beasts in a cage!

:)

brave_new_world .... you discribing the Qabalah again lol!!!

;)

~*~

The ones that Don't take the Mark of the Beast are The ones with the Patience of the Saints .

They keep the Commandments of God or The faith of Jesus.

So mark of the beast is Simply Accepting His Religion . Which will not keep the Commandments of God or the Faith of Jesus .

To accept in Forehead means to Beleave it

To accept on Right Hand means to just go along with it .

The only way not to take it is Keep the Patience of the Saints .

hee hee hee....i stand corrected.....

randomhit10

The mark of the beast is the infernal credit score...infernal because of how identity thieves and forgers can manipulate that score and you have to accept the score they give you.

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

This chip is no joke, it actually exists and anyone can get one. There's a radio host in Seattle (Bob Rivers) that has one in the back of his hand and it's programmed to do a number of things including automatically starting and unlocking his car by waving his hand near the windshield. I've also heard they've been programmed to do things like log on to your computer and arm and disarm the security system in your house. And of course, you can chip your pets for easy identification by a vet.

As far as 666 goes. Many historians believe that 666 translates to NERO... as in Caesar Nero. I'm one of those people who believes Revalations has no business being in the Bible. I think it's a cryptic commentary by an angry and possibly crazy man who was writing about the current political problems between Christians and Romans. Nothing more.

This chip is no joke, it actually exists and anyone can get one. There's a radio host in Seattle (Bob Rivers) that has one in the back of his hand and it's programmed to do a number of things including automatically starting and unlocking his car by waving his hand near the windshield. I've also heard they've been programmed to do things like log on to your computer and arm and disarm the security system in your house. And of course, you can chip your pets for easy identification by a vet.

As far as 666 goes. Many historians believe that 666 translates to NERO... as in Caesar Nero. I'm one of those people who believes Revalations has no business being in the Bible. I think it's a cryptic commentary by an angry and possibly crazy man who was writing about the current political problems between Christians and Romans. Nothing more.

Yes the chip is real and I fear it's coming. I'd rather die than be chipped like a beast. It is onlt a matter of time until it becomes compulsary. If you are truly human you will say no to the chip.

Yes the chip is real and I fear it's coming. I'd rather die than be chipped like a beast. It is onlt a matter of time until it becomes compulsary. If you are truly human you will say no to the chip.

The chip has come already .... and people have got it ..... I dont think I'll get it either .... I might dye my hair and wear makeup and have piercings but um the thought of becoming robotic .... tracked ..... er ........

~*~

You become A PRODUCT!!!!! You become OWNED!!! You loose your personal being and then you not unique!

I dont know ... Im kinda against the whole "people becoming walking barcodes" basicly, tis not because I fear the "mark of the beast" or anything like that .... I just truely believe that its wrong.

What does it mean TO YOU???

Would you get it???? and if so why???

~*~

You become A PRODUCT!!!!!

~*~

I don't know about the chip being that mark of the beast, but it still sounds pretty frightening. :ph34r:

You will all get them and you will all like them.

You will all get them and you will all like them.

I'll get one, but only if it gives me nifty super powers. I want to make people explode and make them bleed rainbows.

Also, the chip better give me the power to dance and cook food that actually tastes edible.

Edited by RougeRat

Right on, that's a baddass answer!

our government is looking at a number of uses...plant the chip in all our military people for id/med monitor/find if lost in battle/etc etc..... tag the people in nursing homes to hold all the medical info and track if lost etc etc...tag children in case of abduction....the ideas are endless for the justification of tagging people.....soon you will have to face the demand of a personal tag by the government...it's coming because this is the only way our government will be able to keep up with you....inquiring (although paranoid) minds in the government will want to know.

randomhit10

Oh pragmatic me sees the "chip" as being useful in some ways, but it does hold the potential to be a problem in regards to privacy I suppose. I see both sides and haven't made up my mind either way. Frankly, if someone wants to chip and track me... it would probably do them more harm than me... they'd die of BOREDOM. hahahha

Here are a couple of interesting reading links:

http://amal.net/rfid.html -- This guy wrote a book called RFID Toys and has a couple of chips in his hand. He also has a blog, FAQ and a forum I think.

And here's an article about Bob's implant specifically (done under the supervision of Amal Graafstra who wrote RFID Toys mentioned above.) https://depts.washington.edu/nwst/issues/in...amp;storyID=812

I don't think I'd do it, but it makes for some interesting discussions.