Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

40% don't know Obamacare is law.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,906 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postlightly, on 06 May 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

YES,   it's also how Bush  jr. was elected twice.

Bush got reelected because people didn't think Obamacare was law?

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

View PostMerc14, on 06 May 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

The Kaiser institute released a study showing that 42% of Americans don't know Obamacare is law.  Some thought the SCOTUS had repealed it, others that congress had done so and still many who never knew it became law.

You can thank your buddies at Fox news for this. The most uninformed viewers of ANY network.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#18    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,906 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

View Postninjadude, on 07 May 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

You can thank your buddies at Fox news for this. The most uninformed viewers of ANY network.
HS stupid response.  Wow!  What union did you service?

Edited by Merc14, 07 May 2013 - 03:49 AM.

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

#19    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,270 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postninjadude, on 07 May 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Uh?  Fox didn't know Obamacare was law?  I watch Fox very rarely so I can't say they do or don't but I would think that of all the MSM, they would know for sure.  Or at least present that to its viewers on a regular basis.  Thanks for your logical enlightenment. coughcoughbulls-hitcough

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#20    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,093 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

And that's why Republicans keep losing - they want to debate issues and show how Obama's policies will be disastrous, but unfortunately almost half the electorate doesn't even know such issues and policies exist.

But I bet they can all tell you Kim Kardashian's due date and when the next I Phone is being released.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#21    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostMerc14, on 07 May 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

HS stupid response.

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid
A new survey of American voters shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources.

December 15, 2010 |

Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation
http://www.bullionbu...akes-you-stupid

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#22    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 07 May 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Uh?  Fox didn't know Obamacare was law?  I watch Fox very rarely so I can't say they do or don't but I would think that of all the MSM, they would know for sure.  Or at least present that to its viewers on a regular basis.  Thanks for your logical enlightenment. coughcoughbulls-hitcough

Health Care
In 2009, an NBC survey found “rampant misinformation” about the healthcare reform bill before Congress — derided on the right as “Obamacare.”It also found that Fox News viewers were much more likely to believe this misinformation than average members of the general public. “72 percent of self-identified Fox News viewers believe the healthcare plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79 percent of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69 percent think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75 percent believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly,” the survey found.
By contrast, among CNN and MSNBC viewers, only 41 percent believed the illegal immigrant falsehood, 39 percent believed in the threat of a “government takeover” of healthcare (40 percentage points less), 40 percent believed the falsehood about abortion, and 30 percent believed the falsehood about “death panels” (a 45 percent difference!).
In early 2011, the Kaiser Family Foundation released another survey on public misperceptions about healthcare reform. The poll asked 10 questions about the newly passed healthcare law and compared the “high scorers”—those that answered 7 or more correct—based on their media habits. The result was that “higher shares of those who report CNN (35 percent) or MSNBC (39 percent) as their primary news source [got] 7 or more right, compared to those that report mainly watching Fox News (25 percent).”
http://www.salon.com...rmation_effect/

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#23    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostRafterman, on 07 May 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

And that's why Republicans keep losing - they want to debate issues and show how Obama's policies will be disastrous,

no they really don't. They want to whine about cultural issues like abortion/gay marriage and perks for the rich.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,906 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postninjadude, on 08 May 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

no they really don't. They want to whine about cultural issues like abortion/gay marriage and perks for the rich.

What union were you a member of?  Why are you afraid to answer this question?

#25    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,270 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postninjadude, on 08 May 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

Health Care
In 2009, an NBC survey found “rampant misinformation” about the healthcare reform bill before Congress — derided on the right as “Obamacare.”It also found that Fox News viewers were much more likely to believe this misinformation than average members of the general public. “72 percent of self-identified Fox News viewers believe the healthcare plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79 percent of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69 percent think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75 percent believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly,” the survey found.
I thought the question of the OP was “40% don’t know Obamacare is law” and of which I’m sure Fox news keeps its viewers informed.  And you’re still trying to push the party line.  All of these other things are there, you just have to study the bill.  It’s all in the unintentional consequences of all the regulations that have been written.  This is one reason Obama is pushing amnesty, so this caveat doesn’t get activated.  And rationing is already happening, hence the high deductibles.  But like my friend, I’ll let you figure it out all on your own in the next few years.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#26    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostMerc14, on 08 May 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

What union were you a member of?  Why are you afraid to answer this question?

I did already. I have never been in a union. But I would like to be.

Edited by ninjadude, 09 May 2013 - 02:20 AM.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#27    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 08 May 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

It's all in the unintentional consequences of all the regulations that have been written.

what unintentional consequences are you fantazising now?

This is one reason Obama is pushing amnesty, so this caveat doesn't get activated.

more fantasy.

And rationing is already happening, hence the high deductibles.

rationing of health care has happened for decades. It has nothing to do with the ACA.
Likewise there have been high deductibles for decades and nothing to do with the ACA.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#28    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,906 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 May 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

I did already. I have never been in a union. But I would like to be.
OMG that really is the silliest thing you have said here.  Baiting you is great fun because when you eventually leap you spout drivel like this. LMAO. Who says "I have never been in a union. But I would like to be."  I can't imagine a more ridiculous statement except from a democrat  congressman.  Are  you in office now?  Did you work with this ****g idiot:
http://www.realclear...rt_of_life.html

#29    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostMerc14, on 09 May 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Who says "I have never been in a union. But I would like to be."  I can't imagine a more ridiculous statement

People who are proud that we have unions and what they have accomplished and feel that they are the bedrock of the American middle class. You can laugh all you want. But you will NOT disrespect unions. You'd have to explain why never being in a union and wanting to be in one are so funny. I'm a computer programmer by trade. There isn't any significant union.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#30    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,906 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 May 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

People who are proud that we have unions and what they have accomplished and feel that they are the bedrock of the American middle class. You can laugh all you want. But you will NOT disrespect unions. You'd have to explain why never being in a union and wanting to be in one are so funny. I'm a computer programmer by trade. There isn't any significant union.
Yes, unions accomplished much 120 years ago but that need is long gone.  Unions are pretty much the destroyers of business nowadays but what is criminal are the public unions that have bankrupted so many states because of your party.  Here is how it works, the unions collect dues and then transfer vast amounts of that money into the coffers of the DNC who then get Democrats elected. Once elected the democrats pay the unions back by negotiating with them for better retirement and healthcare plans that have become so outlandish that countless states are now bankrupt.  This has continued for 50 years but is now reaching its bitter endpoint.

Public unions are such a danger to society that FDR denied them the right, at the federal level, to bargain collectively but the states have no such restriction.  List the states that are billions in the hole and you will find all of them are democrat bastions.  Prove me wrong but I expect you'll just post more of your silliness because that is all you have.

edit:  This post isn't to argue with this silly man, he is way beyond any salvage, it is to let people who are wondering what the hell is going on in their state, why it is happening.  It seems simple and it is, like all scams, but this is why the combination of the democrat party and public unions are the great destroyers.  They have a license to steal and they use it.

Edited by Merc14, 09 May 2013 - 03:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users