Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

Saru

Known as the 'Falcon Project', the new hunt will be co-ordinated through Idaho State University.

The Falcon Project proposes to conduct an extensive aerial search for an unrecognized North American primate, a. k. a. sasquatch or Bigfoot, by means of an helium-filled airship, upon which a platform supporting thermal-imaging and high resolution wireless videography equipment is mounted.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

They might not find Bigfoot, but I bet UFO reports skyrocket in the areas where they're searching.

I was thinking the same thing.

Silly humans. They'll never find bigfoot with modern technology that would yield clear, unambiguous results. Bigfoot only appears for crappy cellphone cameras. Its part of his mystique. Besides bigfoot's so superintelligent he probably has already telepathically divined that this is all going down. He'll lay low for awhile.

At least that's what footers will say when there are absolutely no irrefutable results produced from this little operation. Just like completely and totally mapping Loch Ness with advanced sonar yielded nothing but was written off by believers.

In the world of Cryptozoology there is ALWAYS an explanation for the inconvenient, yet ever-present lack of verifiable, unambiguous evidence.

• Like 2

Silly humans. They'll never find bigfoot with modern technology that would yield clear, unambiguous results. Bigfoot only appears for crappy cellphone cameras. Its part of his mystique. Besides bigfoot's so superintelligent he probably has already telepathically divined that this is all going down. He'll lay low for awhile.

At least that's what footers will say when there are absolutely no irrefutable results produced from this little operation. Just like completely and totally mapping Loch Ness with advanced sonar yielded nothing but was written off by believers.

In the world of Cryptozoology there is ALWAYS an explanation for the inconvenient, yet ever-present lack of verifiable, unambiguous evidence.

exactly, orangepeaceful79. Get ready for the standard excuses when this project is a massive failure.

1. Just as bigfoot can detect and avoid every trail camera ever put out in the woods, they will also be able to detect and avoid this falcon thing by going to ground in their massive undetectable worldwide network system of caves.

2. Or they will get some highly ambiguous FLIR blob shots of elk, moose, bear, or campers/hunters, and suggest that this could possibly be a bigfoot. Of course every desperate crypto organization, and footer out there will cling to it as absolute proof of bigfoots existence.

3. Some footers will undoubtedly proclaim they didn't fly over the vast and never explored or regions of the US, and Canada where no human has ever been and will never go.

Edited by evancj

I just want the airship.

Sorry - I already bought the airship. I'm gonna use it to pretend to be an Alien spacecraft.

• Like 1

I just want the airship.

I can just imagine myself out bowhunting for Elk. Spent the last 2 weeks scouting my area...I sit in my stand waiting for sunrise...Here comes the buck I have been watching, and tracking.

It is getting closer, almost in range....It stops, looks alert, looks stressed. I know I am silent, and downwind....The Elk looks around, then bolts away. I am dumbfounded, as I then hear a strange sound, and look up to see a stupid blimp ruining my hunt.

I wonder if it will get shot down :)

I can just imagine myself out bowhunting for Elk. Spent the last 2 weeks scouting my area...I sit in my stand waiting for sunrise...Here comes the buck I have been watching, and tracking.

It is getting closer, almost in range....It stops, looks alert, looks stressed. I know I am silent, and downwind....The Elk looks around, then bolts away. I am dumbfounded, as I then hear a strange sound, and look up to see a stupid blimp ruining my hunt.

I wonder if it will get shot down :)

You should know a male elk is a bull, not a buck.

• Like 1

You should know a male elk is a bull, not a buck.

God, I know that......Damn!

Black Tail Buck eating behind house for last hour....Buck on my mind.........Thanks. :blush:

This guy to be precise....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=65898

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

I find it interesting that the biologists routinely doing deep forest video and sound recordings with very expensive equipment capable of observation beyond our human auditory and visual ranges have yet to find any definitive evidence.

• Like 1

Hopefully this search can actually yield some definitive results.

You bring up an excellent point. How easily will this craft be buffeted about? Hovering and tracking could prove difficult. Cool idea (in general not because I believe they will find sasquatch), but I will need to see it to believe the efficacy of a balloon craft such as this.

I do not expect to see any results form this, but I like the idea as it should remove some of the 'reasons' why we never document Bigfoot...

I do not expect to see any results form this, but I like the idea as it should remove some of the 'reasons' why we never document Bigfoot...

I have to agree with Evancj on this...It will just add more excuses as to why it did not work to the list....

Keep in mind everyone, as far as I have seen, this is a pipe dream, and donations are being accepted for the project.....

I doubt it will ever fly.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Evancj on this...It will just add more excuses as to why it did not work to the list....

Keep in mind everyone, as far as I have seen, this is a pipe dream, and donations are being accepted for the project.....

I doubt it will ever fly.

Well BF's 'Trail camera' dodging abilities could easily be transferred to blimp dodging and lack of success will breed excuses.

I do hope it gets of the ground, not enough that I'll be making a donation though...

• Like 1

Ok so lets speculate though. Lets say they get the thing up and going and the project is able to resolve incredible detail both photographically and from a thermal imaging standpoint. How good would the images have to be to meet the standards of evidence for a possible undiscovered hairy hominid? Opinions?

• Like 1

A bigfoot mindset that makes it worth not only bringing others on board in developing this ship, but worth telling the world about its use for bigfoot reconnaissance.... and ask for donations as well.

As a skeptic I find this bravado much more mystifying than bigfoot belief itself.

Ok so lets speculate though. Lets say they get the thing up and going and the project is able to resolve incredible detail both photographically and from a thermal imaging standpoint. How good would the images have to be to meet the standards of evidence for a possible undiscovered hairy hominid? Opinions?

True, it isn't like you could fly this thing among the trees at 5ft-7ft-12ft heights, or peek in caves, look inside "nests". And where are these places that are so "squatchy" they warrant all this time, energy, technology and expense?

Well, I am thinking now more then ever this is a scam......

I emailed them :

Me :

How far along is this project? ( blimp even built, purchased)

How far away from full funding are you?

When will the first search with this blimp happen?

Thank You.

Falcon project :

we just got the ok from the university of Idaho 2 weeks ago, thanks to Dr.Jeff Meldrum, we are looking at around early spring, as we speak we looking for funding, so far it is looking good, the air ship takes about 4 months to make, an the thermal cam takes 3 months to make(custom made,the air ship too), so we have a long ways to go,

• Like 1

I am going back and forth on a email with this......so, my latest to them.

Thanks for the fast reply...

What I am looking for is what is the total funding cost?

How much do you have?

Who designed, and who is building the blimp?

What kind of FCC permits, or licensing do you need?

Is there other contact besides yourself to verify?

Handing out money these days is not a thing I do easily.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

I'm not getting my hopes up for this... But if there ever was a way to find old BF this would surely yield some results :)

But how would YOU guys go about to find this 'beast'? I'm always baffled when I'm looking at documentaries where they're searching for BF, I'm always thinking to myself "How stupid are these people?!"

So how would you do to get hard evidence?

Photo's are rarely 'proof of something' these days, but then again I have never seen a clear BF picture so its difficult to say what would be enough...

I think the best case scenario would be that continued aerial sightings of BF would lead people on the ground to where further evidence could be obtained whether photographic or physical. The combination of good quality images from the blimp, details of numbers and movements and evidence from the ground would be enough.