Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Canada's NEW Office of Religious Freedom

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,415 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 22 February 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

My application appears to still be in red tape...or actually the last email said black tape ? Does that mean there broke too ? I was hoping for some relocation recompense.

Blue tape with fluorescent sparkles in it bud... it was a new idea created by a new committee.  It was formed through the newly created Department assigned and committed to creating collective committees.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#32    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Thank you good sir I will send my complaint about this unnecasry delay up the proper channel.

#33    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,083 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postacidhead, on 22 February 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Of course all taxes are pooled together and then distributed accordingly..... DUH.  I never implied they weren't.  Do try to read carefully or ask for help when you have trougle understanding what liberty means to the individual.

Allow me to try a another example.  I am totally 100% against Canada's involvement in the so-called War on Terror.  I believe Canada's participation in pre-emptive war in foreign countries creates resentment towards Canadians anywhere on the globe.  My tax dollars pay for Canada's military to carry out operations which murder sovereign people in foreign lands and it has put blood on my hands....blood which I never drew from anybody.  This is a indirect infringement on my freedom.  My private property(my body) has been violated by my GOV for the collective action they committed in my name even though I never authorized it.

And yes, I do vote.  Libertarian every time I get the chance.

You do know that the Afghans in Kandahar, did not want us to leave? That they were happy, sure not all of them but the majority, with what we where doing there? Also most of the fighters in that country come from Pakistan and other nations. It has on many levels improved Canada's reputation among many nations.

You dont have to authorize it, thats why we live in a democracy.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#34    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postacidhead, on 22 February 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Of course all taxes are pooled together and then distributed accordingly..... DUH.  I never implied they weren't.  Do try to read carefully or ask for help when you have trougle understanding what liberty means to the individual.

Allow me to try a another example.  I am totally 100% against Canada's involvement in the so-called War on Terror.  I believe Canada's participation in pre-emptive war in foreign countries creates resentment towards Canadians anywhere on the globe.  My tax dollars pay for Canada's military to carry out operations which murder sovereign people in foreign lands and it has put blood on my hands....blood which I never drew from anybody.  This is a indirect infringement on my freedom.  My private property(my body) has been violated by my GOV for the collective action they committed in my name even though I never authorized it.

And yes, I do vote.  Libertarian every time I get the chance.

So your stance is that anything in which if you refuse to do is an infringement upon your freedom? Ok... I can see where you're coming from and your perspective. I don't necessarily see it as an infringement upon my freedom though. I think its a little bit dramatic, because we wouldnt be able to live in the society we do without money going to taxes to provide us with certain services...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#35    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

So anything that the government does that you personally disagree with is an infringement of freedom? You do know that based on that view you will never, ever have full freedom right? Even if by some miracle a Libertarian wins an election he's still going to do stuff that you might not agree with, and thus infringe on your liberty.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#36    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,415 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostStellar, on 22 February 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

So your stance is that anything in which if you refuse to do is an infringement upon your freedom? Ok... I can see where you're coming from and your perspective. I don't necessarily see it as an infringement upon my freedom though. I think its a little bit dramatic, because we wouldnt be able to live in the society we do without money going to taxes to provide us with certain services...

yes we would

#37    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,415 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostCorp, on 22 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

So anything that the government does that you personally disagree with is an infringement of freedom? You do know that based on that view you will never, ever have full freedom right? Even if by some miracle a Libertarian wins an election he's still going to do stuff that you might not agree with, and thus infringe on your liberty.

what a dumb question in reply to my post

View PostThanato, on 22 February 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

You do know that the Afghans in Kandahar, did not want us to leave? That they were happy, sure not all of them but the majority, with what we where doing there? Also most of the fighters in that country come from Pakistan and other nations. It has on many levels improved Canada's reputation among many nations.

You dont have to authorize it, thats why we live in a democracy.

~Thanato

bs

#38    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,083 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Postacidhead, on 23 February 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

bs

Well thats just what I know from the Afghan's we had contact with. You know first hand experience. But I guess that means nothing to you.

View Postacidhead, on 23 February 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

yes we would

How? Considering if we didnt have taxes, we wouldn't have roads, schools, medical facilities, you know things that make us who we are.

Edited by Thanato, 23 February 2013 - 12:13 PM.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

#39    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,415 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Big GOV makes it harder and harder to put food on your table.

The facts are in the pudding.

#40    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,415 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

free from unlawful searches

#41    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 February 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

yes we would

I disagree. I mean, it could happen with a vastly different system in place and different world circumstances perhaps, but I think the government reacts to the circumstances rather than creates them.

----Seraphina

#42    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

-Patton

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postacidhead, on 24 February 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

free from unlawful searches

What unlawful searches? And why are you dodging Thanatos points?

----Seraphina

#43    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,415 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostThanato, on 23 February 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Well thats just what I know from the Afghan's we had contact with. You know first hand experience. But I guess that means nothing to you.

[
Feb. 24, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-21566295
The Afghan president has ordered US special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks.
The decision was being taken due to allegations of disappearances and torture by Afghans considered to be part of US special forces, said a spokesman for Hamid Karzai.
A week ago, Mr Karzai banned Afghan forces from calling in foreign air strikes on residential areas, following the deaths of 10 civilians in a night raid in eastern Kunar province.
Mr Karzai gave a blunt statement for the reasons for the ban.
"Our forces ask for air support from foreigners and children get killed in an air strike," he said.

#44    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,083 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

View Postacidhead, on 25 February 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

[
Feb. 24, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-21566295
The Afghan president has ordered US special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks.
The decision was being taken due to allegations of disappearances and torture by Afghans considered to be part of US special forces, said a spokesman for Hamid Karzai.
A week ago, Mr Karzai banned Afghan forces from calling in foreign air strikes on residential areas, following the deaths of 10 civilians in a night raid in eastern Kunar province.
Mr Karzai gave a blunt statement for the reasons for the ban.
"Our forces ask for air support from foreigners and children get killed in an air strike," he said.

Yes and the point being? Canada didn't have fighters, nor have we been in a combat role since 2011. We do not control the United States Military either.

Nothing in that article relates to what I said about Afghans not wanting the Canadians to leave Kandahar or Panjiwa District.

~Thanato

#45    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

View Postacidhead, on 23 February 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

And yet you make no effort to clarify your position and instead resort to insults.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users