Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#1    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

.......in just a few minutes:

#2    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

That is his belief.... he, like the rest of UFOology, has no credible evidence whatsoever.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,835 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

I guess it has been like 3 months since the last Edgar Mitchell disclosure thread?

So I suppose this was expected. We either have many Goldfish on the forum, or many of struggle with the search function.

It all comes down to:

I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.
--Edgar Mitchell

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,232 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Exactly, Dr. Mitchell is basing his personal opinion on what others have told him. At times all of us do this, we tend to believe people we trust. Most of Dr. Mitchell's beliefs surround what local people have told him about Roswell. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion...Dr. Mitchell is no exception.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#5    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,772 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Edgar Mitchell was in a position to hear and know a lot more than your average citizen....his contacts with the military and intelligence community for example.

The way he expresses what he has heard and knows...in public...is naturally tempered with his obligations to legally binding National Security Oaths.

The naysayers try and brush away what he says as pure personel opinion.

But why would he go to all that trouble if he was not  sure of his facts...?

He is a clever man who obviously knows the difference between personel opinion and information given by reliable sources....

#6    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postbee, on 07 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

But why would he go to all that trouble if he was not  sure of his facts...?

He is a clever man who obviously knows the difference between personel opinion and information given by reliable sources....

The world is filled with people doing exactly the same thing as Mitchell. It doesnt matter if he is an astronaut, police officer, King or Queen, the same rules will apply,... Can he show undisputed hard evidence that ET visitation is real?

Answer - No he can not.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#7    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,283 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Ed Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, Clark McClelland (who was almost an Astronaut)... surelyeven the most hardened Skeptics must admit, the evidence for NASA's UFO Coverup is irrefutable. Logistical, in fact, one mgiht almost go so far as to say. :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Edgar Mitchell was in a position to hear and know a lot more than your average citizen....his contacts with the military and intelligence community for example.

And yet, he only has his opinion, and NO evidence.  What about all the other astronauts who are in positions to know a lot more than the average citizen who DON'T believe in aliens?  Do their opinions not count because they don't coincide with your agenda?

#9    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hearsay and anecdotes ,same old,same old.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#10    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,790 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postbee, on 07 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

The way he expresses what he has heard and knows...in public...is naturally tempered with his obligations to legally binding National Security Oaths.

This is the old 'Get-out-of-reality-free' card that eager-believers play to trump first-hand testimony they wish to ignore.

#11    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,790 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 07 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Ed Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, Clark McClelland (who was almost an Astronaut)... surelyeven the most hardened Skeptics must admit, the evidence for NASA's UFO Coverup is irrefutable. Logistical, in fact, one mgiht almost go so far as to say. :unsure2:

Irrefutable? I don't think that word means what you seem to think it means.

We've dealt with the ravings of Clark McClelland in some detail, anybody who think his stories deserve the slightest credibility has a serious reality-denial problem.

Mitchell and Cooper have been explicit -- they never encountered any UFO coverup while at NASA. That's their first-hand experience testimony. What is your problem in believing it?

#12    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 07 March 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Irrefutable? I don't think that word means what you seem to think it means.

We've dealt with the ravings of Clark McClelland in some detail, anybody who think his stories deserve the slightest credibility has a serious reality-denial problem.

Mitchell and Cooper have been explicit -- they never encountered any UFO coverup while at NASA. That's their first-hand experience testimony. What is your problem in believing it?

So do you put no value in Mitchells belief?

Do you not think Mitchell is an intelligent man who is not one to just buy any anecdote given to him and claim it as truth?

#13    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostAmerix, on 07 March 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

And yet, he only has his opinion, and NO evidence.  What about all the other astronauts who are in positions to know a lot more than the average citizen who DON'T believe in aliens?  Do their opinions not count because they don't coincide with your agenda?
and what position would you have to be in to be in the 'know'?

View Postshaddow134, on 07 March 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Hearsay and anecdotes ,same old,same old.

at least your response is original

#14    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostHazzard, on 07 March 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Can he show undisputed hard evidence that ET visitation is real?

Answer - No he can not.
Wouldn't matter if he could.... you would debunk it and say it was false anyhow.

#15    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 March 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

It all comes down to:
I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will.
--Edgar Mitchell

So Mitchell is walking the fine line between keeping his oath to NASA (to not directly contradict official information) while still trying to shed light on the 'other things' he knows about?

Not hard to fathom since his pension surely depends on keeping that oath.  He is still taking quite a risk, though...that should tell us much about the importance he places on those 'other things'.

Edgar Mitchell should not be so quickly dismissed, despite what the gaffers around here keep trying to peddle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users